• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Semi-Final: Waratahs vs Highlanders

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I watched Rugby HQ last night, and sure enough, Kearns is unrepentant. While he admitted that the swinging arm was a Yellow card, he still said....

"there is no way for certain that Joubert would know a try would be scored".

Phil, matey, you still haven't learned the difference between "certain" and "probable". A penalty try is awarded when a try would probably (that is more likely than not) have been scored. "Certainly" is a far higher standard.

Honestly, I have to wonder if his fellow commentators keep him in the dark so that he always looks like an ignorant buffoon.

Point of note is that Tim Horan, on that same show, said Joubert was correct in Law to award the try.....

Representation across the board? I'd contend that; you're still massively cherry picking.

In what way do Rugby League legends like Peter Sterling, Mal Meninga, Wayne Bennett (who helped the Kiwis win the RLWC in 2008) or Laurie Daley conform to your theories about how awful our sports culture is?

What about current stars like Jonathan Thurston, Greg Inglis, the recently NFL chasing Jarryd Hayne or the Roosters' James Maloney (one of my favourites). What about in Union? What about Aussie sports culture has made David Pocock such a bad bloke? In what way is Israel Folau a d##khead? For that matter what have guys like Will Genia, Nick Cummins, Rob Horne or Stephen Moore ever done to **** you off?

Funnily enough, one of the biggest d##kheads we've had over the past couple years has been Quade Cooper - and he's a bloody Kiwi!

How strong is that "case and argument" about top representation across the board now?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/to...rrogant-bullies/2008/09/29/1222650989720.html

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-a-reality-check/story-fn2mcuj6-1226598716049

- - - Updated - - -

It's blatantly obvious a vast amount of Australian athletes are arrogant and bad sportsmen. Look at the examples already given, NRL is riddled with guys that go on drunken rampages and sexual assaults But even guys like Tim Cahill (football) who goes to a corner flag and starts punching it every time he scores..

Even Hayne admits himself he's "f*cking arrogant"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-part-of-the-job/story-fni3ga7r-1227032368120

Seriously take a step back and look at how your sportsmen are behaving and have behaved. I believe it's in your sporting culture. It's seen as the way to win, be arrogant and unforgiving. Sure it works sometimes, but not all the time and it ruins the spirit of sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I watched Rugby HQ last night, and sure enough, Kearns is unrepentant. While he admitted that the swinging arm was a Yellow card, he still said....

"there is no way for certain that Joubert would know a try would be scored".

Phil, matey, you still haven't learned the difference between "certain" and "probable". A penalty try is awarded when a try would probably (that is more likely than not) have been scored. "Certainly" is a far higher standard.

Honestly, I have to wonder if his fellow commentators keep him in the dark so that he always looks like an ignorant buffoon.

Point of note is that Tim Horan, on that same show, said Joubert was correct in Law to award the try.....

Not sure how to post videos but check this out, for those who haven't seen it haha. Good ol Kearnsy. https://www.facebook.com/glenn.dawson3/videos/10153406304955833/

here we go more ammunition for kiwis against us.

Apparently Allan Jones who all Australians think is a f*cktard made some speech before a Bledisloe last year which made the whole of NZ go into a frenzy. It's rubbish how your average Aussie has to suffer a tirade of abuse from NZ rugby fans because of the comments of a person who we also think is a knob! He doesn't represent your average Aussie at all!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/to...rrogant-bullies/2008/09/29/1222650989720.html

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-a-reality-check/story-fn2mcuj6-1226598716049

- - - Updated - - -

It's blatantly obvious a vast amount of Australian athletes are arrogant and bad sportsmen. Look at the examples already given, NRL is riddled with guys that go on drunken rampages and sexual assaults But even guys like Tim Cahill (football) who goes to a corner flag and starts punching it every time he scores..

Even Hayne admits himself he's "f*cking arrogant"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-part-of-the-job/story-fni3ga7r-1227032368120

Seriously take a step back and look at how your sportsmen are behaving and have behaved. I believe it's in your sporting culture. It's seen as the way to win, be arrogant and unforgiving. Sure it works sometimes, but not all the time and it ruins the spirit of sport.

You realise that SMH link was regarding essentially a debate topic, right?

But if we're posting links aimed at generating broad and poorly supported generalisations, then: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...as-disappointing/story-e6frf4zl-1226143633822

In any case, the fact that you've failed to address my points about the many decent blokes in Australian sport kinda demonstrates how motived by spite and prejudice your comments are.

Sure, there are drunk morons in the NRL, but there are drunk morons in the EPL, NBA, NFL, and even your beloved NPC. And anyway, Kiwis are well represented among the biggest ********s in the NRL: http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/nz-raised-star-bashed-girlfriend-banned-nrl-6130072 , and then your boys overseas aren't all angels either: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/69929526/mils-muliaina-charged-with-sexual-assault

The problem is born from giving young men with little life experience salaries most normal people would have to spend yeas studying and working their way through massive companies to even contemplate earning.

Jarryd Hayne admits he's arrogant? Well of course he is! He's trying to take on the f##king NFL. You don't do that unless you're at least a little confident in your ability. But have a look at his actual comments about his journey there - he started off just setting about trying to make training squads and admits failure is a very real prospect and that he's often doubted himself. Hardly the sort of anger inducing "arrogance" worthy of upsetting anyone.

As for our cricketers, they sledge a lot, but they're not even the worst offenders statistically when you look at the warnings given out to players by the ICC. And for all the talk of their arrogance, it's not like their dressing room is covered in banners carrying on about how awesome they are ;)

Also, what were you trying to prove with that Will Genia video? "Player gets defensive at perceived slight on performance!" Not exactly compelling "evidence" for him being an awful person.

You're obviously quite heavily prejudiced against Australians and that might be common over there - perhaps that's why Kiwi fans spat on Aussies in a way that would never happen to All Blacks fans in Australia - but the fact is that for every piece of "evidence" you cite, I have a counter claim and can provide examples of kiwis being d##kheads in turn.

Seriously, you should try to take a step back from your obvious prejudice. I'm not saying we're perfect mate, I'm just saying that you choose to focus on a handful of d##kheads from a pretty massive sample size whilst COMPLETELY failing to acknowledge the many very good people that are also there. There's less pro atheltes in NZ because there's just less sport full stop due to your smaller population, but it's still not hard to find examples of thugs and ******s, just like it's not hard to find examples of good men.

- - - Updated - - -

here we go more ammunition for kiwis against us.

Apparently Allan Jones who all Australians think is a f*cktard made some speech before a Bledisloe last year which made the whole of NZ go into a frenzy. It's rubbish how your average Aussie has to suffer a tirade of abuse from NZ rugby fans because of the comments of a person who we also think is a knob! He doesn't represent your average Aussie at all!

Alan Jones is a right wing f##ktard, but every country has them. Remember when channel 10 brought over Paul Henry, that raving right wing lunatic from NZ? He was such a f##ktard extremist he made Alan Jones look decent. His view on immigrants was effectively "shoot all of them." I wish I was f##king kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm out, this is not going anywhere, mods, please close this

Chrissakes guys, just calm down! Where is all this invective coming from?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hope I wasn't over the top mate - just frustrated with Kiwi's selective Aussie bashing in which he refuses to acknowledge that many Australian sports people are in fact very good people despite the odd ****** taking up more space in the papers

by the way, i'd slap Veitchy if I ever saw him. still clearly butthurt over the cricket

The comments in that Facebook page are disgusting. If you want to see arrogance, there it is.

Last edited:
by the way, i'd slap Veitchy if I ever saw him. still clearly butthurt over the cricket

The comments in that Facebook page are disgusting

I would too, but not because of the cricket... The bloke's a wife beater and should have gone to jail.

Should have seen that page during the Cricket World Cup, haha. Waaaaay over the top at times.

Hope I wasn't over the top mate - just frustrated with Kiwi's selective Aussie bashing in which he refuses to acknowledge that many Australian sports people are in fact very good people despite the odd ****** taking up more space in the papers

Empty cans make the most noise!

Sure there's some great Aussie sportsmen who are good guys. But the majority of your voices and choices of representation are pitiful and give you a bad rep. I've given my examples and they're clear as day and I'm not going to go round in circles. I can't tell if you're defending them or not.

I stand by what I said, Australian sports culture is full of arrogance, bad sportsmanship and classless behavior. It might not be EVERYWHERE, but it's common and tiring.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't believe that girl about Mils. He's a great guy and UK women are known to do that to sportsmen to extort money.

You have blown this out of proportion saying I'm prejudiced towards Australians, when I have clearly stated SPORTS, not people, don't play the cliche race card.

Sure there's some great Aussie sportsmen who are good guys. But the majority of your voices and choices of representation are pitiful and give you a bad rep. I've given my examples and they're clear as day and I'm not going to go round in circles. I can't tell if you're defending them or not.

I'm not defending the bad ones, just pointing out there's plenty of good ones - in fact more good than bad by a fair margin - and that NZ has its fair share of muppets too.

You can't have it both ways mate - you can't claim our "culture" is responsible for the bad people but not the many good ones. As I said, what's your explanation for guys like Bennet, Daley, JT, Pocock, Izzy etc.

Moreover in the AFL the award for the best player is the "best and fairest" award, which essentially precludes the d##kheads. From a cultural standpoint that's actively fostering good sportsmanship.

Finally, what's your response to the attitude of Kiwi fans and their behavior toward traveling Aussies? What does that say about NZ sports culture?

I really don't believe that girl about Mils. He's a great guy and UK women are known to do that to sportsmen to extort money.

No offence Kiwi, but blaming the victim is pretty poor form. Fact is Mils got himself in that situation and that's all we know right now. Bad decision on his part even to get to this, but let's not go down the path of trying to defend sexual assault on the basis that "he's a good guy" and "girls can be manipulative."

I'm not defending the bad ones, just pointing out there's plenty of good ones - in fact more good than bad by a fair margin - and that NZ has its fair share of muppets too.

You can't have it both ways mate - you can't claim our "culture" is responsible for the bad people but not the many good ones. As I said, what's your explanation for guys like Bennet, Daley, JT, Pocock, Izzy etc.

Moreover in the AFL the award for the best player is the "best and fairest" award, which essentially precludes the d##kheads. From a cultural standpoint that's actively fostering good sportsmanship.

Finally, what's your response to the attitude of Kiwi fans and their behavior toward traveling Aussies? What does that say about NZ sports culture?

No offence Kiwi, but blaming the victim is pretty poor form. Fact is Mils got himself in that situation and that's all we know right now. Bad decision on his part even to get to this, but let's not go down the path of trying to defend sexual assault on the basis that "he's a good guy" and "girls can be manipulative."

I know you probably don't think he's guilty yourself, but are just using it as an example to support your argument further.

That behavior is poor from the Kiwi fans, probably a pack of bogans which NZ has a fair amount of, idiots like Kearns blurting out rubbish doesn't help their attitudes though. This isn't an NZ vs Aussie who's the better guy argument. I stated that a lot of your top end sportsmen have poor attitudes etc which is very obvious and frequent, so I think it's in your sporting culture.

Last edited:
Anyone care to discuss the topic at hand? Can I ask for posters to try and steer away from generalizing whie we're at it.

It is on topic. It came from Kearns making stupid comments and bias analysis.

It is certainly not on topic. It has spiraled into a sweeping negative, unsupported and totally unecessary generalization (thanks to you in particular). If you had kept it to this game and Kearns' comments then fine.

It is certainly not on topic. It has spiraled into a sweeping negative, unsupported and totally unecessary generalization (thanks to you in particular). If you had kept it to this game and Kearns' comments then fine.

100% Agree.

People reading some posts might generalize and think that "all" kiwis have chips on our shoulders :eek:

Latest posts