Assistant 2: Jordan Way
TMO: Brett Cronan

Predictions:
Hurricanes
Force
Blues
Brumbies
Crusaders

i think there's a couple of chances for the Aussie teams this week. Picking the Force is a gamble but they were very competitive against the Chiefs and the Highlanders are stretched in terms of resources up front. I expect the Canes and Blues to win well in their games, the Canes have had a good roll of the draw dice with the two poorest Aussie teams first. I'm picking the Brumbies because they should have beaten the Crusaders last week and they won in Hamilton in Super Rugby last year. Finally in the battle of the champions I expect the Crusaders to show their class and win with some ease.

canes have the easy beats. this is dangerous for the canes

This will be another 0/5 for the Aus teams and it'll throw (rightly) further doubt over the viability of a TT comp.

Domestic only for me.

This will be another 0/5 for the Aus teams and it'll throw (rightly) further doubt over the viability of a TT comp.

Domestic only for me.
i kinda agree, but then i was getting really bored of NZ teams smashing each other. seemed really pointless...but then again so will the easy wins i suppose

i kinda agree, but then i was getting really bored of NZ teams smashing each other. seemed really pointless...but then again so will the easy wins i suppose
My dream is a proper domestic comp with a national footprint and around 10 teams.

Something thats actually professional. Not just an amateur comp run by amateur administrators where the players get paid.

You guys can go be the best somewhere else.

i need more than just domestic or if we are just going to do domestic then just go back to the NPC and fund that better

Personally im coming around to the idea that All Black be allowed to play for aussie teams. They'll still be in the same comp etc so the "fan" aren't losing them but a little distribution of talent.

Bring the same level of skill with them and try and bring up some of the young aussie guys, make a interesting and exciting and successful comp...make some money...use that money to build back up aussie rugby as @Derpus suggests with more professionalism

everything else is too short sighted in my mind

I don't think that would work. I dont think Kiwis would actually want to play in Aussie teams. It would be great if they did that, though, and it worked.

Maybe even Argentina could be involved.

Hurricanes
Force
Blues
Brumbies
Reds - hope springs eternal

Reds have named a near full strength team. We're only really missing Jordan Petaia. So we can't really have any excuses.

Reds have named a near full strength team. We're only really missing Jordan Petaia. So we can't really have any excuses.
still had to travel back from dunners...so a couple of excuses ;)

186535908_3971342469631773_3650682342813100335_n.jpg

considering our injuries i wouldn't make too many changes

187866862_3973721429393877_4928225199783867041_n.jpg

kiwis playing in aus will not help aus.

kiwis playing in aus will not help aus.
i think it might long term, just to raise the profile again and then they might be able to attract more talent. Its a bit of a chicken and the egg situation. hard to get new talent because (partially) its not as popular...but its not as popular because their not winning

something needs to change, to break the cycle

still had to travel back from dunners...so a couple of excuses ;)
The players that didnt play last week will be rusty, the ones that did will be tired.

whats up with aussies and their inability to find excuses?
186535908_3971342469631773_3650682342813100335_n.jpg

considering our injuries i wouldn't make too many changes

187866862_3973721429393877_4928225199783867041_n.jpg
usually you put the toung fast giys in the back three, not two grey haired oldies

Fingers crossed the Hurricanes will be celebrating win no 2 tonight. Hope some aussie sides pull off a win to keep comp interesting.

Latest posts