TMO: Brendon Pickerill

Waratahs v Chiefs
Saturday 12 June, 9:45pm
Brookvale Oval, Manly
Referee: Jordan Way
Assistant 1: Damon Murphy
Assistant 2: Reuben Keane
TMO: Brett Cronan

obviously the saders and blues are in the box seat...but ya never know, i hope we just go out there and get the win first (finishing unbeaten would be great)...then get the bonus point...and finally get as many points as we can...one thing at a time

Hurricanes
Brumbies
Crusaders
Blues
Chiefs

we have won the last three visits to Canberra but apparently we've never got a bonus point there

1623203735371.png

That was a very crazy call. Never heard that one before. Canes' player goes shoulder to head against Red's player. Ref says the mitigation because Red's player was 'very low'. Red's captain says "but there was no change in height!". Ref dismisses it.

Could someone tag any of the resident refs (other than sc, please), maybe there is a guideline or something I missed. I thought that, as the red's captain argued, a change in height was a mitigating factor, not height itself.

That was a very crazy call. Never heard that one before. Canes' player goes shoulder to head against Red's player. Ref says the mitigation because Red's player was 'very low'. Red's captain says "but there was no change in height!". Ref dismisses it.

Could someone tag any of the resident refs (other than sc, please), maybe there is a guideline or something I missed. I thought that, as the red's captain argued, a change in height was a mitigating factor, not height itself.
Think SC left a couple of years ago

I sincerely hope that was true. He's the lurker type.

Back on topic. Is there no police in wellington or something? Serious robbery going on.

It was a very bizarre game in terms of ref calls…

but i thought that one should only have been a penalty. In real time i thought hes just standing there and the reason the reds head makes cintact with his shoulder is half reds player runs into him, half the other canes player tackles the reds player sideways towards him.

might be wrong though, just thought it was one of those things you see in slow motion and it looks completely different in real time.

What worried me was not the call. What worried me was the rationale the ref gave for the call. Two examples

1) Ref calls yellow card and says there was mitigation because the ball carrier changed height.
I disagree, but I understand the logic. We saw different things but his argument makes sense. It is based on what I see as a false premise, but it is congruent.

2) Refs calls yellow card and uses as mitigation something that is not written in the rules or guidance given to refs and teams. That is just poor officiating.

And that penalty try. Dear lord.

Simone having a killer game, nice passes, winning a ruck, hilding a player up, and unlike most australian rugby players hes been making tackles

One more try could have made this very very close!
Or not so close if the brumbies kicked their conversion in game one or himeno wasnt penalised for getting up when he was tackled (when he wasnt) against the force

Latest posts