• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super shockers! why are they leaving?

At least centre isn't a problem. It doesn't matter who we select there, he'll be changed at the last minute for the World Cup.[/b]

:lol: I thought that was a nice ending to the article that was posted. To be honest I don't see these losses as the downfall of NZ rugby, not yet anyway. The big unions are still keeping their best players as a whole and there is some very good players coming up through the system. Obviously, the loss of Hayman and McCalister are a big deal and take away from the quality of the Super 14, but I still think NZ rugby can handle those losses, you just have to look at the number of quality players who raised their hand during the ANZ Cup.

They will be back for the super 14 its just that the Guiness Prem and Super 14 are played at different times and it then gives them a chance to earn more money durin the off season

They will be back for the super 14 its just that the Guiness Prem and Super 14 are played at different times and it then gives them a chance to earn more money durin the off season [/b]

Er...no they won't.

Go and read up a bit on how professional contracts work. It ain't like that.

<div class='quotemain'> They will be back for the super 14 its just that the Guiness Prem and Super 14 are played at different times and it then gives them a chance to earn more money durin the off season [/b]

Er...no they won't.

Go and read up a bit on how professional contracts work. It ain't like that.

[/b][/quote]

:lol:

Pwnd

To answer your question..... It's money---yes but the big reasons are that Jake White are proberly leaving SA rugby and then the big factor.....for next season they want more players "of color" in the teams!!!. thus the teams will be weaker all round. Players want to play for the best team!!!! and not a pre-selected side of players. This is crap....sa rugby is going down!!!

Surely I am not the only one thats's horrified to see some of the big names that are departing from the SH to go and play up north. Can it realy be that the only reason these player are leaving is money...???

:wah: John Smit, Victor Matfield, Luke Mcalister, Peter Hewat, Butch james, Carl Hayman, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON :wah:

Can someone plz explain what is going on!!!!??
[/b]

I'm SA Supporter. The NZ are still one of the best....they had bad refs in the game, that the reason thay are out....forward pass!!!

At least centre isn't a problem. It doesn't matter who we select there, he'll be changed at the last minute for the World Cup.[/b]

:lol: I thought that was a nice ending to the article that was posted. To be honest I don't see these losses as the downfall of NZ rugby, not yet anyway. The big unions are still keeping their best players as a whole and there is some very good players coming up through the system. Obviously, the loss of Hayman and McCalister are a big deal and take away from the quality of the Super 14, but I still think NZ rugby can handle those losses, you just have to look at the number of quality players who raised their hand during the ANZ Cup.
[/b]

Surprised Casey Laulala hasn't left yet. He'd easily be a center in any national team (including NZ, god knows why he's never picked). Good for Canterbury though, all our old heads in the backs are leaving (Ralph, Gear, Mauger) so it's good to see him stay loyal and provide stability. Although, my homeboy Tim Bateman at center will be the player to watch this S14 season in terms of young talent, providing he gets the game time.

Murtlock should also join Larkham....also the spare wheel to the team with injuries!!!

oh! ****..sorry my bad.

I thought we were talking about Latham. I always mix up this two - Larkham & Latham.... :wall:

Yep, I agree about the Japanese comp. should be suited to Larkham's bandaged body.
[/b]

Japan would be better if they play more international rugby.

<div class='quotemain'>
Japan!! not bad.

Couldnt be bothered wasting his time with another wooden spoon season with the Reds.
[/b]

Nah, Larkham would never play for another Australian team. Which is something I like about the old-heads such as Larkham, Gregan, Paul, George Smith and co. - they were/are committed to the Brumbies.

Dan Vickerman on the other hand... but that's another story...

Anyways, I think the Reds filled their roster too.

I think the Japanese competition will be good for him. Won't be as physical.

He's already suffered enough injuries for a lifetime.
[/b][/quote]

They players won't be back for Super 14. They have contracts and not allowed as overseas players!!

[/b]

Surprised Casey Laulala hasn't left yet. He'd easily be a center in any national team (including NZ, god knows why he's never picked). Good for Canterbury though, all our old heads in the backs are leaving (Ralph, Gear, Mauger) so it's good to see him stay loyal and provide stability. Although, my homeboy Tim Bateman at center will be the player to watch this S14 season in terms of young talent, providing he gets the game time. [/b]
He is a good player in Npc & Super14 but he couldn't step up to the mark when it came to playing for the All Blacks. The other player was Scott Hamiltion an awesome player but did the same as Laulala and couldn't step up. Heres hoping none of them leave because they're both great players playing for no doubt the best team in world rugby.

Super14 will be at a lost but also have alot to gain because of all the upcoming talent. Players leaving will give them a good chance to finally shine and not be put in the background. Players I'm watching out for are Lelia Masaga, David Smith, Stephen Brett, Francois Steyn all extremely exciting players and ones to watch out for.

How do you think those guys going overseas affects the countries they go to? I really don;t see teams like Japan getter better because of overseas players, The best japanese players to watch are the Actual japanese!
They obviously must pay a lot of money but it will be interesting to see if it's a help of a hinderence to places like france to have half the all blacks and springboks playing there. It may bring in more money, but no cup.
Whats with michalak going to SA? didn't see that coming!

will smit and matfield be returning for the 2011 world cup. i hope so. also will the y still be elegible for the boks, and will the nz players going to europe still be eligible for the blacks?

yes he is considering it as an option for when his contract runs out.
[/b]

When does his contract run out? I couldn't care less if it's post 2011, we'll have some one waiting in the wings by then anyway.

And any news on Collins? Last time I heard he was linked with Toulouse, and he seems intent on exploring his options after he gets 50 AB's caps, 100 Hurricanes and 100 Wellington games. (his contract is out at the end of '08)

Collins will stay till 2011, he's the sort of player who will want to win the World Cup.

And Laulala blow's. Toeava, Smith, Kauhi, Bateman and Mils are all better centres than him. I wouldn't even as go as far to say that he is a better option than Nonners.

<div class='quotemain'>
yes he is considering it as an option for when his contract runs out.
[/b]

When does his contract run out? I couldn't care less if it's post 2011, we'll have some one waiting in the wings by then anyway.

And any news on Collins? Last time I heard he was linked with Toulouse, and he seems intent on exploring his options after he gets 50 AB's caps, 100 Hurricanes and 100 Wellington games. (his contract is out at the end of '08) [/b][/quote]

I think Carter's contracts ends the same as Collins? but you're right, there's already Evans, Luke (? if he returns), Brett (who im a big fan of) and perhaps Donald.

I dont think Laulala's is that bad. He's just inconsistent, when he's on he's a mean runner!

I may be wrong, but I think I heard somewhere that Carter's contract runs out in about a year or so. Which of course means he has been linked to Northampton, Kiwi central of Europe.

Wow didnt know that many where leaving, hopefully the decision to keep Henry doesnt impact negatively on those that are due to come off contract.

Latest posts