• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Supporting More Than One Team? Yes or No?

Is It Okay To Support More Than One Team?

• Total voters
Bah, You can support whoever you want. I support the blues but I like to see all the welsh teams doing well (even the ospreys) and I support Leinster and Bath.

Us welsh have a tendency to practice tribalism alot and its not just rugby. Its rivalry between towns, its streets your next door neighbours, the lot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Sep 21 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Us welsh have a tendency to practice tribalism alot and its not just rugby. Its rivalry between towns, its streets your next door neighbours, the lot.[/b]

It's a good thing you all wear rugby armor then.

Leinster. Thats it really. I suppose the best way to look at it is to look at last year. Having gone from the dissapointment of being nilled at home by Munster to the day in Croke park no other team can generate the emotions that Leinster rugby does for me. You just dont get that watching a "second" team.

The question I would ask is, if your team loses do you actually feel down about it? Can it ruin your weekend or at least put a bit of a downer on it. If not, I'd suggest you may not be a fan at all.

I don't support a single team in the Super14, rather, South Africa as a whole. Whichever of our teams are doing the best, i will support the most.

Then on the other side, i like the Saints. :)

My first team is Richmond, the club I played for since I was 6 and who are now in National 3 South. Apart from this season (I'm living in Edinburgh) I watch most of their home games.

I've supported Saracens since I was about 4 or 5 however, and love them almost as much as Richmond. I support both teams with similar passion and enthusiasm, because Sarries were always my first love and Richmond were the ones I came to love through years of direct involvement with the club. Unfortunately because Sarries play up in Mordor I don't watch them more than 3 or 4 times per season. For convenience's sake I'm at the Stoop quite often.

The Blues are my favorite but I will always cheer on and support a Welsh team. We have to stick together, especially with a season start like this one. :angry2:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 21 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leinster. Thats it really. I suppose the best way to look at it is to look at last year. Having gone from the dissapointment of being nilled at home by Munster to the day in Croke park no other team can generate the emotions that Leinster rugby does for me. You just dont get that watching a "second" team.

The question I would ask is, if your team loses do you actually feel down about it? Can it ruin your weekend or at least put a bit of a downer on it. If not, I'd suggest you may not be a fan at all.[/b]

Of course I do, When Bath lost to Gloucester on opening weekend it ruined the next few days, when we won down at Sale it made me happy for the rest of the weekend.

Likewise however, when Quins lost against Wasps, Leicester and then Sarries the rest of the weekend was ruined.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 21 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My first team is Richmond, the club I played for since I was 6 and who are now in National 3 South. Apart from this season (I'm living in Edinburgh) I watch most of their home games.

I've supported Saracens since I was about 4 or 5 however, and love them almost as much as Richmond. I support both teams with similar passion and enthusiasm, because Sarries were always my first love and Richmond were the ones I came to love through years of direct involvement with the club. Unfortunately because Sarries play up in Mordor I don't watch them more than 3 or 4 times per season. For convenience's sake I'm at the Stoop quite often.[/b]

Richmond are another team I'm very fond of and hope very much that they can start climbing the leagues.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 21 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 21 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The question I would ask is, if your team loses do you actually feel down about it? Can it ruin your weekend or at least put a bit of a downer on it. If not, I'd suggest you may not be a fan at all.[/b]

Of course I do, When Bath lost to Gloucester on opening weekend it ruined the next few days, when we won down at Sale it made me happy for the rest of the weekend.

Likewise however, when Quins lost against Wasps, Leicester and then Sarries the rest of the weekend was ruined.[/b][/quote]

Sounds far too Masochistic for my likings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 21 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 21 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 21 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Likewise however, when Quins lost against Wasps, Leicester and then Sarries the rest of the weekend was ruined.[/b][/quote]

Sounds far too Masochistic for my likings.
[/b][/quote]

giggity.jpg

I support Hurricanes with passion, and Clemont & Harliquins out of intrest, but if they were to meet (which would be epic) I would have to go with Hurricanes. I suggest you support the team in which you are happiest with the result.

I'd say there are varying levels of 'support'. At the top of the tree for me would be Wales and the Blues. But then I would also support the other regions against other ML team. Most games I watch I find it difficult to just be a neutral observer and find myself favouring one of the teams.

Don't forget the ABE factor..... Anyone But England! :D

Same, every game I watch I end up cheering for one team before 20 minutes is gone. (Usually, It'll come down to 'Who would I rather see lose?'. So I had a Tri-Nations order of Austrailia-All Blacks-Springboks, and was a supprot of whoever Munster was playnig that week.)

As it was said before, there are certain levels of support - that largely depend on every person. For me, I am crazy about Los Pumas, but due to the fact most of my family lives in ZA I also hold the Boks and the Stormers in a very high regard. That aside, I'll root and follow the team whose game I like the most; or the underdog.

As for the teams that partake in European competitions, I must say I have showed sympathy towards Sale Sharks, Harlequins and Stade Français.

And there are teams I rather not watch (or follow), like Munster. I don't know exactly why, but I dislike Munster. Perhaps it all comes down to the fringe between the Irish and the Argentines? Don't know.

Currie Cup
Bulls and the Pumas(used to live there) currently not in the First Division.

Super 14
Bulls and then any other Sa Team

Internationally
Boks, Argentina, Wales

England
Worcester (used to live there) and now days Saracens too because of the saffas.

I only cry when the Bulls or the Boks loose, I wish all the other teams mentioned the best but won't be loosing any sleep over they're losses.

Nothing wrong with supporting other teams imo :)
I'm a Blues fan, but like to see all the other region win. Love to watch them when they're on form, especially the Dragons because they play some brilliant rugby, even though they're pretty under-funded compared to the other regions.
Internationally it will always be Wales first, but half my family is Italian through my grandad so I support them too (when they're not playing Wales).
If Wales or the Blues lose it will feel gutted for most of the day, hate un-satisfying losses too.
In other leagues it's generally the under-dogs or the people who play flashy rugby, like I have a soft spot for Worcester (they have strong links with Wales anyway), Quins (when they're not pretending to bleed anyway), Glasgow and Edinburgh too. Used to be France in there too, but have got fed up of the whole brilliant one game, shocking the next hbit they have (a la vs NZ RWC 07 then vs England RWC 07 andvs Wales 6N 09, then vs England 6N 09).
And Argentin, I think Argentina are awesome :D

well i'm a Dragons supporter but as i have friends in Cardiff Blues and some of my favourite players play for Ospreys and Scarlets, i like them all. It's the same with the lower leagues as i have close friends in the Crosskeys and Cardiff squads and I live near Newport so i go to watch them

but i fully support 2 teams - Dragons and Crosskeys

I support quite a few different teams.
Internationally, i support Wales, but whenever a NH team plays against a SH team, i'll support the NH.
I support all Welsh regions, even if i do lean to Ospreys more and i support Carmarthen Quins in the Welsh Premiership.

Rugby:
International: AB, Fiji, Tonga, Scotland, Ireland & Wales
S14: Chiefs and every other NZ team that doens't play against the Chiefs
ANZC: Waikato, Manawatu ( cause they are cool) :)

Cricket:
Mechelen cricket club, cause that's the team I play for :)

As my list seems very long I can only define it as follwed: I like watching these sports but when the Chiefs or AB's play it gives an extra dimension to it.

Latest posts