• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Surely a scam?

Just posted an enquiry with the consumer advice people, and see what they come back and say... if it is legit then i will be getting myself an xbox 360 and 40" Plasma ;)

Just posted an enquiry with the consumer advice people, and see what they come back and say... if it is legit then i will be getting myself an xbox 360 and 40" Plasma ;)
[/b]

For just over £200...

Possibly fallen from the back of a lorry gear here...

Or as Del boy said "He dropped it"

There's no way that's legit!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Well it does sound a LITTLE suspicious, notice you can't see their T&C's, which if you could, would probably tell you that there are no such goods or that they are broken or indeed nicked.

I also see that they're using Mal's e-commerce which is fine for a small, one person band or very small company but I would have thought that someone like this would at least have a merchant banking service such as Barclay's ePDQ. Lets face it anyone can set up a good looking website like that and a e-commerce bank account through PayPal.

Look how many dodgy, and I mean dodgy deals there are on eBay, I bet everyone knows of someone that's brought something fake or nicked on there, not that you would necessarily know about the latter, until the police come knocking on your door.

I will be interested to see if they send out there T&C's.

I just know they were speaking to my company about advertising.... just seemed odd that you would want to advertise a scam? Or just very ballsy!

The paypal thing threw me too as I'm sure that you are guaranteed with paypal... I suspect that the 'Paypal login' on the site is fake and is a means of gathering your login details. I am not touching it with a barge pole, but interested to see how long it takes to get closed down!

I've got it.

It's Los.

By setting up a scam he can pay for provisions for the Army of Truth.

LMAO of course, how could we not see this coming...

We will all perish...

DO NOT BUY!...

interesting...
Why are people so bad... I hate scams.. and have never been fooled by one, although it came close and heck that guy will never scam people agaiN!

At the end of the day, there is a certain amount of risk of buying online today.

You forget its all coding, and it's probably me being stupid again but, if one piece of coding just a small fraction lost its direction and leaked to a hacker or whoever they could end up knowing all your personal details...on top of all the other threats of buying online...

I hope my short talk hasn't put you off buying and selling...

That is a scam designed solely to steal people's PayPal details.

Why would you set up a website and then only accept PayPal payments and not credit cards?

A well-designed scam but never-the-less still a scam.

You know that this could still be legit, but I tempted to purchase something for £30 and see whether it arrives, as I can afford to lose £30, plus I have an address and a phone number and I am covered by Paypal if the goods dont arrive...

Latest posts