• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Surely a scam?

G

getofmeland

Just posted an enquiry with the consumer advice people, and see what they come back and say... if it is legit then i will be getting myself an xbox 360 and 40" Plasma ;)

T

toup

Just posted an enquiry with the consumer advice people, and see what they come back and say... if it is legit then i will be getting myself an xbox 360 and 40" Plasma ;)
[/b]

For just over £200...

G

Goth Power

Possibly fallen from the back of a lorry gear here...

Or as Del boy said "He dropped it"

T

Twickenham-RULES

There's no way that's legit!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Well it does sound a LITTLE suspicious, notice you can't see their T&C's, which if you could, would probably tell you that there are no such goods or that they are broken or indeed nicked.

I also see that they're using Mal's e-commerce which is fine for a small, one person band or very small company but I would have thought that someone like this would at least have a merchant banking service such as Barclay's ePDQ. Lets face it anyone can set up a good looking website like that and a e-commerce bank account through PayPal.

Look how many dodgy, and I mean dodgy deals there are on eBay, I bet everyone knows of someone that's brought something fake or nicked on there, not that you would necessarily know about the latter, until the police come knocking on your door.

I will be interested to see if they send out there T&C's.

T

toup

I just know they were speaking to my company about advertising.... just seemed odd that you would want to advertise a scam? Or just very ballsy!

The paypal thing threw me too as I'm sure that you are guaranteed with paypal... I suspect that the 'Paypal login' on the site is fake and is a means of gathering your login details. I am not touching it with a barge pole, but interested to see how long it takes to get closed down!

S

St Helens RLFC

I've got it.

It's Los.

By setting up a scam he can pay for provisions for the Army of Truth.

G

Goth Power

LMAO of course, how could we not see this coming...

We will all perish...

DO NOT BUY!...

A

allblacksfreak

interesting...
Why are people so bad... I hate scams.. and have never been fooled by one, although it came close and heck that guy will never scam people agaiN!

G

Goth Power

At the end of the day, there is a certain amount of risk of buying online today.

You forget its all coding, and it's probably me being stupid again but, if one piece of coding just a small fraction lost its direction and leaked to a hacker or whoever they could end up knowing all your personal details...on top of all the other threats of buying online...

I hope my short talk hasn't put you off buying and selling...

B

BigTen

That is a scam designed solely to steal people's PayPal details.

Why would you set up a website and then only accept PayPal payments and not credit cards?

A well-designed scam but never-the-less still a scam.

G

getofmeland

You know that this could still be legit, but I tempted to purchase something for £30 and see whether it arrives, as I can afford to lose £30, plus I have an address and a phone number and I am covered by Paypal if the goods dont arrive...