• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Taboos in Wales.

P

Prestwick

There seem to be two major taboo subjects in Wales:

1. De-facto affirmative action benefiting Welsh speakers.
  2. What happened in 2006 to force Mike Ruddock to leave.
Now, I have no business with the first taboo, but I want to know and I want a clear answer rather than pretend that nobody knows what happened and that the entire Welsh squad and WRU have suffered collective damn amnesia. What happened with Mike? Do you think Wales crashing from the RWC is a consequence of the events of 2006? Is this the fault of the players? The WRU? Mike Ruddock? Dave Moffat? Alfie?! Who?! And finally, how do Wales get themselves out of this hole.

I agree with Gareth Edwards when he disagrees that Wales need another foreign coach, "Why do we need coaches from New Zealand? They come over here, get experience coaching us, go back home to coach the best national side in the world and still get it wrong!"

For all this talk of "red zones" and "frank talking", I see allot of subject changes and skirting issues here! I think what Wales really need to do is have a really, really good argument about this. One which is very loud, very brutal and very public.

As a Welsh speaker/person who knows what happened, why should I have to live my life through the medium of english/tell you what happened? That would just rob our tradition and culture of one of its greatest assets/give ammunition to Guardian writers who want to go on about how Welsh rugby is in 'turmoil'.

It's not taboo. We talk about it all the time. In Welsh. :p

I didnt realise there was such a big secret. Didnt the players just stab the coach (Ruddock) in the back because they thought they were better then they were and preferred the other guy (Cant remember his name, that Skills coach chappy who didnt wash much)? Whats the big mystery?

*This is a particularly simple opinion put forward in the interest of forum trolling. Havent had a good arguement on here for a while.

most of my info are from rumours ... so not really info but... someone came up with the idea of consulting with the senior players..... so their heads expanded and thought that they were bigger than mike ruddock and wanted scott to coach them... apparently gareth thomas was one and martyn williams too....... they even argued with gareth jenkins that they didn't want to re-create contact situations in training..... one six nations win and then they turn to poison!!

it has to be said though that where i get my info from ain't really reliable as the person said that GAreth thomas was going to confess that he was gay in all the papers ...

it has to be said though that where i get my info from ain't really reliable as the person said that GAreth thomas was going to confess that he was gay in all the papers ... [/b]

Everyone keeps saying that.
"He'll confess in the papers." "He'll confess in his autobiography"

Really now, but, who cares if he is or he isn't, you know?

I think the REAL taboo right now in Wales is thus:

Is Barry John going to Twickenham?!

Shhhhut up!

I think we've firmly established that he's watching it at home.
Just drop it!!!

i don't think barry john was there, but apparently barry welsh made an appearance having second-handedly bought mrs. shenkin arsecandle's ticket from the fishguard r.f.c allocation.

Latest posts