• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tahs, not wearing numbers this year

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 3 2006, 07:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 3 2006, 07:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 3 2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 3 2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 2 2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 2 2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 2 2006, 07:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Feb 2 2006, 12:46 PM
how could this damage the comp when NZ is the only nation where the S14 is their premier sporting comp?

What is South Africa's premier sporting comp then? However you look at it, Super 14 is of a higher quality than the Currie Cup - and I'm sure it has the numbers on the national competition too.

Strange, I thought S12 had a big following back home. So what is the premier sporting comp Sanzar?

I thought football(soccer) was by far the biggest sport in SA

..Is that right Quin??

Population wise soccer has a larger following than rugby, yes, but as far as rugby goes I believe the super 12 was even bigger than the currie cup .

Really? I'd actually been told by a couple south african people I know that in SA the Currie Cup has more interest thant the S12/14 has... possibly because of the quota controvosery that you stated, I don't know.
Television ratings, sponsorship and crowds don't lie.. [/b]

Well I could be wrong Sanzar, Wally. I have to admit that I've not lived back home for over 4 years now, so my opinion could be tainted by this.

Like you are saying Wally, television ratings, sponsorship and crowds does not lie, so I take it you have the figures to compare the two comps for us?

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 3 2006, 08:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Feb 3 2006, 08:33 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 3 2006, 07:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
how could this damage the comp when NZ is the only nation where the S14 is their premier sporting comp?

What is South Africa's premier sporting comp then? However you look at it, Super 14 is of a higher quality than the Currie Cup - and I'm sure it has the numbers on the national competition too.

Strange, I thought S12 had a big following back home. So what is the premier sporting comp Sanzar?

..Is that right Quin??

Population wise soccer has a larger following than rugby, yes, but as far as rugby goes I believe the super 12 was even bigger than the currie cup .

Really? I'd actually been told by a couple south african people I know that in SA the Currie Cup has more interest thant the S12/14 has... possibly because of the quota controvosery that you stated, I don't know.

Television ratings, sponsorship and crowds don't lie..

Well I could be wrong Sanzar, Wally. I have to admit that I've not lived back home for over 4 years now, so my opinion could be tainted by this.

Like you are saying Wally, television ratings, sponsorship and crowds does not lie, so I take it you have the figures to compare the two comps for us? [/b]
Yes.

PFFT!! what does all this matter?
how about NSW worry about fixing the scrum up before making sure everyones named theyre gear.
whether he has 1, 3 or MD on his back matt dunning will still be a fat hopeless excuse for a prop. when i watched him being embarresed by andy sherridan i didnt feel sorry for him one bit. even when he was being carried off... well i must admit i did feel sorry for the poor ******** that had to carry that tub of lard from the pitch.

Originally posted by shiznit@Feb 3 2006, 10:31 PM
PFFT!! what does all this matter?
how about NSW worry about fixing the scrum up before making sure everyones named theyre gear.
whether he has 1, 3 or MD on his back matt dunning will still be a fat hopeless excuse for a prop. when i watched him being embarresed by andy sherridan i didnt feel sorry for him one bit. even when he was being carried off... well i must admit i did feel sorry for the poor ******** that had to carry that tub of lard from the pitch.
The Waratah's scrum is fine at Super 14 level. They built a lot of their game around it last season, and funnily enough they made the final.

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 3 2006, 09:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 3 2006, 09:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 3 2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 3 2006, 07:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

..Is that right Quin??

Television ratings, sponsorship and crowds don't lie..

Like you are saying Wally, television ratings, sponsorship and crowds does not lie, so I take it you have the figures to compare the two comps for us?
Yes. [/b]
....and

the tahs scrum is a joke. the only reason why they made the final was because they had an awesome backine. Tuqiri, Rodgers, Hewitt, Mckay, Turinui etc... the bulls were the side with the massive tight five. the crusaiders, highlanders, blues, hurricanes & bulls all have much better tight fives than the tahs.

Originally posted by shiznit@Feb 4 2006, 03:16 PM
the tahs scrum is a joke. the only reason why they made the final was because they had an awesome backine. Tuqiri, Rodgers, Hewitt, Mckay, Turinui etc... the bulls were the side with the massive tight five. the crusaiders, highlanders, blues, hurricanes & bulls all have much better tight fives than the tahs.
Dunning
Cannon
Baxter

However shizen they may be at international level, that's a good Super 14 standard front row.

Vickerman
Harrison

Class there. The Tahs had the best line out in the competiton.

Elsom
Waugh
Lyons

One of the better backrow trios in 2005.

The whole New South Wales game plan was built from the set piece you gimp.

_/

The ARU has forced the Waratahs to ditch the letters thing.

Originally posted by shiznit@Feb 4 2006, 02:16 PM
<

You're an idiot.

im an idiot? get your homo aussie blinkers off.
the only reason why you lot even think the tahs pack is good is beacuase the wallibies are so **** they have to resort to using them at international level.

that front row would struggle to make any of our Super14 franchises

then the locks... harrison is crap, vickerman is a classy player but we have a production line of vickemans coming out of NZ.

then you have that backrow..... waugh granted is outsatnding, but even then we have the likes of McCaw, Holah, Blackie, So'oialo & Braid who are equal if not better than Waugh.
elsom?? the most overated player around. all you aussies are rating him as this and that yet he hasnt done anything of note has he. and lyons is just average.

mate you wanna talk about forwards... the whole lot of your franchises are a joke. thats why austalian rugby is the laughing stock of world rugby. thats why you have to hire rejected all black coaches to try and fix your sides up. then you cum all over yourselves over a rumour that robbie deans might go for the wallibies.

how about you stop buying crappy league rejects and hailing them as the next best thing (barnes) and produce some real props so you can compete at scrum time

Ive gotta say the Warratahs front row is definately a weak point. Baxter and Dunning are a couple of the worst international players around.

Originally posted by shiznit@Feb 5 2006, 10:40 AM
im an idiot? get your homo aussie blinkers off.
the only reason why you lot even think the tahs pack is good is beacuase the wallibies are so **** they have to resort to using them at international level.

that front row would struggle to make any of our Super14 franchises

then the locks... harrison is crap, vickerman is a classy player but we have a production line of vickemans coming out of NZ.

then you have that backrow..... waugh granted is outsatnding, but even then we have the likes of McCaw, Holah, Blackie, So'oialo & Braid who are equal if not better than Waugh.
elsom?? the most overated player around. all you aussies are rating him as this and that yet he hasnt done anything of note has he. and lyons is just average.

mate you wanna talk about forwards... the whole lot of your franchises are a joke. thats why austalian rugby is the laughing stock of world rugby. thats why you have to hire rejected all black coaches to try and fix your sides up. then you cum all over yourselves over a rumour that robbie deans might go for the wallibies.

how about you stop buying crappy league rejects and hailing them as the next best thing (barnes) and produce some real props so you can compete at scrum time
It doesn't really matter what you think mate. The Waratahs made the final last year and were the best team for a good part of the season. They were better than four of the five Kiwi outfits, and they're defiantely not taking any backward steps this year. I'm not one to say anything decent about New South Wales all the time, but no team could make a Super 12 final with a shizen forward pack. That said, it's not as important as it is at international level.

Latest posts