Tahs, not wearing numbers this year

W

woosaah

nsw no have numbers?

This is going to be confusing

well for me anyway since i dont follow them dont know who is meant to be where
<

at least they will have numbers on their shorts

i thought they were going to wear pink headbands with the numbers in light blue on it?...

they not doing that anymore?..is it too australian for the world?...

What a Joke...
This ill give the league world plenty of material against Union..especially in Ozzi where its alot more even than here,
Super 12 was a great series for 10 seasons, dont make Super 14 into more of an Exhibition than Sport, Its not 20/20 Cricket

Otara

Ps- It could only come out of Oz, suprised Sth Af didnt beat them to something stupid like this first.

Originally posted by Otara@Feb 1 2006, 09:37 PM
What a Joke...
This ill give the league world plenty of material against Union..especially in Ozzi where its alot more even than here,
Super 12 was a great series for 10 seasons, dont make Super 14 into more of an Exhibition than Sport, Its not 20/20 Cricket.
What are you on about? The Super 12 has no respect in South Africa and is no where near as big as the NRL or AFL in Australia... how could this damage the comp when NZ is the only nation where the S14 is their premier sporting comp? I mean seriously, the NRL is a massively competative comp that has had 7 different champions in the last 7 years! The S12 went for 10 years and only had 3 champions... something like player numbers isn't going to give RL fans any ammunition. In any case though, how can you claim to be fearful that the S14 will end up an "exhibition" comp, when that has always been the major criticism from the north since it started? They've never considered the S12 to be a serious rugby comp, so why should it matter if we do stuff like this?

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 2 2006, 12:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 2 2006, 12:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Otara
@Feb 1 2006, 09:37 PM
What a Joke...
Super 12 was a great series for 10 seasons, dont make Super 14 into more of an Exhibition than Sport, Its not 20/20 Cricket.
What are you on about? The Super 12 has no respect in South Africa and is no where near as big as the NRL or AFL in Australia... how could this damage the comp when NZ is the only nation where the S14 is their premier sporting comp? I mean seriously, the NRL is a massively competative comp that has had 7 different champions in the last 7 years! The S12 went for 10 years and only had 3 champions... something like player numbers isn't going to give RL fans any ammunition. In any case though, how can you claim to be fearful that the S14 will end up an "exhibition" comp, when that has always been the major criticism from the north since it started? They've never considered the S12 to be a serious rugby comp, so why should it matter if we do stuff like this? [/b]
Maybe they are afraid no one at all will watch it any more in Australia.

Originally posted by rugged@Feb 2 2006, 12:20 PM
What? People will all stop watching the S14 and rugby because the Tah's decide to move the numbers to their shorts and have initials on their backs? Come on! That's a load of crap. Seriously, this is a lot of controversy over nothing.

While it is not a big deal, it does make it harder for viewers who are not familiar with the players/team

Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 2 2006, 12:46 PM
how could this damage the comp when NZ is the only nation where the S14 is their premier sporting comp?
What is South Africa's premier sporting comp then? However you look at it, Super 14 is of a higher quality than the Currie Cup - and I'm sure it has the numbers on the national competition too.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 2 2006, 02:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 2 2006, 02:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rugged
@Feb 2 2006, 12:20 PM

What? People will all stop watching the S14 and rugby because the Tah's decide to move the numbers to their shorts and have initials on their backs? Come on! That's a load of crap. Seriously, this is a lot of controversy over nothing. [/b]
I thought you would be against the Idea.

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 2 2006, 07:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 2 2006, 07:11 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Feb 2 2006, 12:46 PM
how could this damage the comp when NZ is the only nation where the S14 is their premier sporting comp?
What is South Africa's premier sporting comp then? However you look at it, Super 14 is of a higher quality than the Currie Cup - and I'm sure it has the numbers on the national competition too. [/b]

Strange, I thought S12 had a big following back home. So what is the premier sporting comp Sanzar?

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 2 2006, 08:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Feb 2 2006, 08:31 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 2 2006, 07:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

What is South Africa's premier sporting comp then? However you look at it, Super 14 is of a higher quality than the Currie Cup - and I'm sure it has the numbers on the national competition too.

Strange, I thought S12 had a big following back home. So what is the premier sporting comp Sanzar? [/b]
I thought football(soccer) was by far the biggest sport in SA

..Is that right Quin??

It looks stupid but it's hardly likely to stop people watching the sport!

Wally: "Innovative fags. " (regarding Tahs new policy)

That was the best one line statement you`ve ever made so far !
<

If the Tahs win the Super 14 this year, expect to see every team follow suit...
<

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Feb 2 2006, 08:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The TRUTH!! @ Feb 2 2006, 08:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 2 2006, 08:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

Strange, I thought S12 had a big following back home. So what is the premier sporting comp Sanzar?

..Is that right Quin?? [/b]

Population wise soccer has a larger following than rugby, yes, but as far as rugby goes I believe the super 12 was even bigger than the currie cup .

This is part of my problem with the quota system as well, and I know it is slightly off topic but maybe I can make it part of the topic. The Tahs not wearing numbers on their backs are not going to alienate as many rugby fans as the quota system will so this number issue in my opinion is a lot of controversy over nothing. Again you can argue that the quota system will draw people from previously disadvantaged race groups and therfore the numbers losing interest will be made up by those becoming interested because of quota's and I do believe that this quota situation can make or break SA rugby. Make it by gaining a wider range of players across races or break it by Sarfu prematurely fearing that it is not going to work and then ending it before the worm can turn into a butterfly thereby leaving a lot of people disillusioned in the wake of the quota system. However ther is no quata system in place for white players wanting to play for bafana-bafana (SA's footbal team), there is no quota system for indians wanting to play rugby, what about the portuguese, russian and chinese minorities in SA and the list goes on...what no quota for them??

Numbers on their backs or no numbers...the guys playing in Tahs' will deserve pulling the jersey over their heads because of their talent earning them a position in the team......that is more I would be able to say about most of the SA teams for a while

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 3 2006, 02:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Feb 3 2006, 02:31 AM)</div>
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 2 2006, 08:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

..Is that right Quin??

Population wise soccer has a larger following than rugby, yes, but as far as rugby goes I believe the super 12 was even bigger than the currie cup .
[/b]
Really? I'd actually been told by a couple south african people I know that in SA the Currie Cup has more interest thant the S12/14 has... possibly because of the quota controvosery that you stated, I don't know.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 3 2006, 11:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 3 2006, 11:10 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 3 2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 2 2006, 08:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

..Is that right Quin??

Really? I'd actually been told by a couple south african people I know that in SA the Currie Cup has more interest thant the S12/14 has... possibly because of the quota controvosery that you stated, I don't know. [/b]
Television ratings, sponsorship and crowds don't lie..

Latest posts