• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tana Umaga

K

Kimmy_The_Kiwi

Played his last game of Rugby today.

It was sad!

He went out on a high, as his team beat Manawatu, 37-7.

He is one of the most respected men in not just NZ rugby, but World rugby.

They say every player is replaceable. That is a lie. Tana Umaga cannot be replaced.

:(

Yea man props to Umaga. The guy is a legend and no, that is not a debatable issue.

Wow, he's finally hung up his boots.

Tana "My face looks like one of the orc's out of Lord of The Rings" Umaga was truly a NZ rugby legend. Whilst he wasn't the fastest or most agile centre, he was brutally strong and was a great leader.

Congrats on a stellar career :bravo:

Whilst he wasn't the fastest or most agile centre [/b]

He was while he was a winger back in the day, he pack on my weight for the center role! still possessed some aspect of his step, like the time he stepped 2 crusader men to the try line!

I don't think it has fully sunk in for me yet :(

It will next week when there is no Tana to be seen :(

They have named a block of seats at the cake tin after him :D woot!

Heck just rename the whole Stadium after him :p

I still feel he could perform a job for NZ, and why oh why doesn't he want to play in the world cup...

I would go as far as saying he is still NZ's Best player...

To the left, to the left straight up he's irreplaceable lol. Nah but seriously good luck to him on his career overseas at least he can make him some good coin its gonna be hard to find someone to fill in his shoes.

They have named a block of seats at the cake tin after him :D woot!

Heck just rename the whole Stadium after him :p [/b]
True! good on them. i wonder who'll be next in getting a block named after them.. maybe jerry when he retires.

I still feel he could perform a job for NZ, and why oh why doesn't he want to play in the world cup...[/b]

There's a simple answer to that i think some people like to go out when there still in there prime,

(So they will be remembered as that)

where is other's like to hang on a little longer to wait another WC, some case's they get dropped before they make even it.

Its all about going down in history for X All Blacks who captained there country, you want to go out on top of your game and to be remembered as just that

I still feel he could perform a job for NZ, and why oh why doesn't he want to play in the world cup...

I would go as far as saying he is still NZ's Best player... [/b]

You wouldn't think that if you saw him play for the Hurricanes this year, he was god-awful. I think the non-stop rugby has finally caught up with him this year, he just doesn't look up to it anymore.

Sad to see him go, definately one of my all-time favourite foreign players... a certainty for the Hall of Fame you would think.

he is definitely the whole damn package for a centre just needing a lil more pace like when he was younger. look at the all blacks w/o him, theres a midfield that isnt half as good when tana was around. definitely a class act.

well michael jones has a street named after him!!!..lol

im sure wellingtonians wouldnt mind there stadium being called the "tana umaga" stadium rather then the giant cake tin (sorry i added the giant....coz it really is)

all the wellington guys could be like.."im inside tana umaga!!..its great..you can feel the emotion"

hahahhahaha...

umaga is a legend in toulon in less than 15 games
what a player
[/b]

Toulon will now dominate. Umaga as coach. And you got Gregan, Matfield and Mehrtens all playing.