• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tell Me What I've got to look Forward To

W

woodie

I was struggling to find much to shout about this time a month ago, videos did not impress me much. I was getting a bit more positive in the last couple of weeks, but I've now had the game for a couple of days, and I think it is ********.

-The fly-half standing still thing pretty much single handedly makes the gameplay poor and unrealistic
-Loads of rules mistakes
-Graphics aren't good
-Everything happens far too slowly, sprinting isn't much more than a brisk jog, passes float rather than fizz, lineouts do the same, scrum halves at lineouts are crap too
-Bugs like in game substitutions, no controller editing, lack of licences, bad commentary, some rubbish animations (like knock-ons and lineouts), poor camera views, all detract severely from the game
-bad kicking, turnovers at unrealistic points, bad set plays and no jumping in play

loads of crap stuff and I can't find a lot to shout about.

however, a few people have said that they find the game gets better with time, will this happen to me or shall I take it back tomorrow.

(I appreciate it's the best rugby game around, but if I get more utility from PES4 or something like that - then I won't play Rugby 2005, simple as that)

I got to the last point and finally I can respond
<

You can jump in play - you press circle (PS2) to jump for the ball.

Originally posted by Rug Bee@Mar 19 2005, 05:54 PM
Take it baack becuse you don't know jack **** about rugby
<
I'm sorry are you talking to me?

If so you really want to take that back before I start telling you of who I've played for, for how long, where, who I support, where i've supported them etc...

Yeah what kind of moronic rant is Woodie on about. Sure there are negatives, but jeez you have to be blind not to see that the positives far outweigh them. I'm off back to my Hard mode World League. Maybe you should play hard too "Woodie".
<

Couldn't care less about 'who I've played for, for how long, where, who I support, where i've supported them etc... ' and all **** about you talking yourself up, you sound like a primary 6 mate. You want to hate the game for some reason, and that's why you've succeeded, you're pathetic. Brilliant that you were so concerned with hating the game that you missed out being able to jump for the ball, I loved that bit of your rant. Most of what you said is wrong, as you're an overly critical and pathetic git obviously. And I can tell that from one post!

Take it easy guys, Ive had the game for several days now and i like it alot, but most (and I mean most not all) of the things woodie says are really problems in the game. The difference is some of us see this as a minor setback(compared to 2004) and others see it as a game killer. Woodie you should trade it in, if you feel that way, its not going to suddenly change. While the rest of us should get on with playing our new rugby game and remember that some people(and for good reason) are going to bag this game. Despite all its flaws, when you break the line with tana, draw the fullback and pop a ball to rokococo and watch him run in, the feeling you get makes up for all the bad points, the tries are awsome and seem like real rugby tries, if you dont get this feeling then trade it in!!

I think the passing is very well done!!

there are a few bad animations, but so many more good ones!!!

If you where expecting something robust like ProEvo soccer no wonder your dissapointed!!

WOW!!!!!

Lads... need I take you back to when Rugby 2004 was released. Any negatives about this game (and yes there are a few, but really... this is a Canadian company used to making soccer games having their first go at a rugby game) are FAR outweighed by the positives (amongst them the huge variety of competitions, the create a player, the realistic game play, the passing, the graphics on xbox, the kicking, the AB's Haka and the overall presentation).

If you aren't satisfied with this effort you either are not a fan of rugby, were expecting the moon and the stars, or were unrealistic.

Next year should have improvements but let's enjoy Rugby 2005 for what it is. A marvelous first attempt and solid rugby simulation that provides hours of gameplay and a good platform for the future.

bro.........i think your in the minority
<
........the negatives do exist (except for jumping fo the ball
<
<
) but hey put it this way its a 2006 demo
<

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Mar 20 2005, 12:23 PM
bro.........i think your in the minority
<
........the negatives do exist (except for jumping fo the ball
<
<
) but hey put it this way its a 2006 demo
<
Brilliant way to state it... a very playable, tangible demo for what promises to be a great effort next year by the EA Sports Canada squad. Taking the **** out of these lads for a first effort won't help.

Tangible, realistic improvements will. Let's be happy with this effort and look for improvement next year.

And good on Wales for the Grand Slam and don't forget:

North American Rugby Channel

Originally posted by woodie@Mar 20 2005, 05:48 AM
I was struggling to find much to shout about this time a month ago, videos did not impress me much. I was getting a bit more positive in the last couple of weeks, but I've now had the game for a couple of days, and I think it is ********.

-The fly-half standing still thing pretty much single handedly makes the gameplay poor and unrealistic
-Loads of rules mistakes
-Graphics aren't good
-Everything happens far too slowly, sprinting isn't much more than a brisk jog, passes float rather than fizz, lineouts do the same, scrum halves at lineouts are crap too
-Bugs like in game substitutions, no controller editing, lack of licences, bad commentary, some rubbish animations (like knock-ons and lineouts), poor camera views, all detract severely from the game
-bad kicking, turnovers at unrealistic points, bad set plays and no jumping in play

however, a few people have said that they find the game gets better with time, will this happen to me or shall I take it back tomorrow.

(I appreciate it's the best rugby game around, but if I get more utility from PES4 or something like that - then I won't play Rugby 2005, simple as that)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
-The fly-half standing still thing pretty much single handedly makes the gameplay poor and unrealistic[/b]
True, there should be more variation here, but bear in mind you can do a lot from scrum half if you get sick of the deep standing flat footed 5 8th's position

-Loads of rules mistakes[/b]
I've counted roughly 3 so far personally, which ones are you refering to?
-Graphics aren't good[/b]
Personally I think the player graphics are astonishingly good (on a high end PC at least) and that considering they have to render 30+ players on the pitch it couldn't get much better... Mind you if your playing it on PS2 or XBOX I can see why your not overly impressed.

-Everything happens far too slowly, sprinting isn't much more than a brisk jog, passes float rather than fizz, lineouts do the same, scrum halves at lineouts are crap too[/b]
The only thing about passing that irritates me is that you can't offload in tackles, but apart from that I felt it was actually fairly good... loved the flick pass
<

-Bugs like in game substitutions, no controller editing, lack of licences, bad commentary, some rubbish animations (like knock-ons and lineouts), poor camera views, all detract severely from the game[/b]
I agree, apart from the license part (seriously mate, how many licenses do you want them to have?).

-bad kicking, turnovers at unrealistic points, bad set plays and no jumping in play[/b]
Kicking isn't that bad as far as droppies, punts and high balls are concerned (you just need to get used it), but gubbers and chips are plain useless as you can't execute them in the heat of the moment like real life (you always get smashed and force a knock on)

(I appreciate it's the best rugby game around, but if I get more utility from PES4 or something like that - then I won't play Rugby 2005, simple as that)[/b]

It could have been better, but it is loads of fun when you get into it mate, just give it a bit more time.

woodie,i live in the us,we dont know much about rugby,but dude if you dont like this game,trade it in.ive never played rugby videogames before in my life.but this is a fun game,i cant keep from going back and playing again,im not very good but when i score a try it feels really great. so if you want to moan and groan ,take it back,but i bet in a short while you will want it back,no matter the flaws.

EA canada?? first attempt?? I thought this was developed by HB studios(rugby 2004) with the assistance of EA canada (produced by EA canada or something)

when u put up a bomb it needs to have some sort of marker to show where the ball is, that is irritating jumping up to take the ball only to have someone from the opposition jump and take it 10 metres away.

Flat footed 1st 5 does make me mad and so does the amount of kicking the cpu opponent makes, instead of running and having Tuitupou mash him like a potato.

Anyone notice that Blues winger Ica Nafewa, (not sure on spelling) is white in this game? should look like Dougie but not at all.

and Loki Crichton in the game looks hideous, and seems to show up in numerous forward packs for several teams under different names, hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Also Joe Rokocoko's speed is only 85 i believe, yet Dougies is 95, somebody f***ked up there, hes on the cover and everything!

Originally posted by woodie@Mar 20 2005, 05:48 AM

-Loads of rules mistakes
-Graphics aren't good

Obviously your not that much of a fan of rugby because if you were it would appeal to you.

one thing that does **** me off
<
is how the AI keeps kicking the ball and how the ball gets drawn to the sideline
<
F@@#$% S#$^& A@@ MOTHER @$%@!

I completely agree with Woodie from the 3 days ive had it for. The game is rubbish, i enjoyed rugby 2004 as much as i did this. Youd think for a third attempt they could come up with something better than this.

Originally posted by woodie+Mar 20 2005, 06:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Mar 20 2005, 06:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rug Bee
@Mar 19 2005, 05:54 PM
Take it baack becuse you don't know jack **** about rugby
<
I'm sorry are you talking to me?

If so you really want to take that back before I start telling you of who I've played for, for how long, where, who I support, where i've supported them etc... [/b]
well lets hear who uve played 4 woodie???

Lol, most of you people are idiots. Someone doesn't like the game so you get on their back about it. And those of you who question that woodie is a rugby fan, take a look at the number of posts for a start. He's one of the senior members on the forum, do you really think he would have stayed on that long if he wasn't a real rugby fan.
His only problem is that he's a Quins fan, nothing more than that
<

Latest posts