Telsa cybertruck

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
Brick v Window aside, Am I in the minority that loves the design?

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Profile-View-2.jpg

Cybertruck-1-1-1280x720.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1574398557482-teslatruck8.jpg

Just reminds me of the 80's/90's Sci FI movie cars.
Like Total Recall.

Aye, looks like something Robocop would cut about in

Is this a concept car or something that they're actually going to produce? Cause it's absolutely shite.

Aye, looks like something Robocop would cut about in

Is this a concept car or something that they're actually going to produce? Cause it's absolutely shite.

No it's being made production starts 2021
https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/cybertruck

Crazy performance on it
Top model 500+ mile range, 0-6 in 2.9 seconds, towing power of 6350 KG

uRSKdVz (2).png
It looks like the cars the Canadians drive in South Park. Tesla are an impressive company but I definitely don't subscribe to the cult of Musk. I know from companies in Ireland they're not easy to work with and extremely temperamental, but it will force other carmakers out of their comfort zone a bit.

I'm not a big fan of the design but I like that they're being creative and not copying everyone else. What's in fashion now might look ugly to people in 20 years time.

I imagine part of the design is to support the specifications. I think more effort has been put into what the truck can do, than how it looks.

Honestly thought this was a pisstake when i first saw it yesterday. I just didn't think anyone would have the balls to release something like it.

Not keen on the design at all. Immediate first impressions was of a jacked up Lamborghini Diablo (the arches especailly), and of something from the original Total Recall or other similar 80's sci-fi movies. Because of this it alredy looks dated.

However I do applaud Tesla for doing something so different. How many of us have been disapointed that those awesome concepts car manufacturers show off at shows are massively dulled down for final production? Maybe this will re-invigorate the market, which imo has become a bit boring recently?

More bonkers stuff please.

Its fukkin awful.

1. You can't access the load bay from the side easily as those daft strakes obscure it.
2. Due to the sloped roofline, you cannot add a roofrack for leaning long objects in the bay onto.
3. Viewing angles out the back are absolute sh|te. Some craic reversing a trailer round a corner blind.
4. Putting a canopy on the back isn't an option. So you accept vastly reduced volume with the existing cover. Or buy a proper truck.
5. I'll bet there is no spare wheel.
6. Its a unibody, not ladder chassis. Despite their publicised towing capacity - I'd be surprised if that doesn't cause problems later on.

Stupid design. But obvious they aren't appealing to those that'll use it for actual work.

Its fukkin awful.

1. You can't access the load bay from the side easily as those daft strakes obscure it.
2. Due to the sloped roofline, you cannot add a roofrack for leaning long objects in the bay onto.
3. Viewing angles out the back are absolute sh|te. Some craic reversing a trailer round a corner blind.
4. Putting a canopy on the back isn't an option. So you accept vastly reduced volume with the existing cover. Or buy a proper truck.
5. I'll bet there is no spare wheel.
6. Its a unibody, not ladder chassis. Despite their publicised towing capacity - I'd be surprised if that doesn't cause problems later on.

Stupid design. But obvious they aren't appealing to those that'll use it for actual work.

200,000 pre-orders already. 95% of folk who buy trucks or Chelsea tractors arent buying them to use their core features. Tesla know automobile consumers and their bizarre motivations behind purchasing vehicles.

I partially object to Tesla doing such energy inefficient vehicles. But it still beats an equally unnecessarily large gasoline truck I suppose.

Latest posts