• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 2014 TRFies: Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I think the award is a bit flakey. I'd say that NFL and Cricket are probably the most talked about sports on the forum after rugby but I have no interest in them and wouldn't go near them so I'd nominate someone who knows a bit about golf, soccer, gaelic games (Quite niche this one) and the one off events that I enjoy such as the snooker world championships come into play as well so my vote becomes a knowledgeable poster for sports I like not sports across the board.

That's your decision to do that. You could easily vote for the member who is knowledgeable across the board. You chose not to.

That's your decision to do that. You could easily vote for the member who is knowledgeable across the board. You chose not to.

That's impossible though isn't it. I don't read the NFL, Basketball (Tried to get into it this year and failed), F1, Professional boxing, UFC or cricket threads because they don't interest me, I could try and figure out by taking a quick scan over them but it could result in me, in my own ignorance, nominating someone who posts a lot of bull in all of these threads and it would be the same for you if you tried reading the finer details of the sports you don't know about.

Any it was just a suggestion, as was one of the points of the thread, no need to get anal over it!

That's impossible though isn't it. I don't read the NFL, Basketball (Tried to get into it this year and failed), F1, Professional boxing, UFC or cricket threads because they don't interest me, I could try and figure out by taking a quick scan over them but it could result in me, in my own ignorance, nominating someone who posts a lot of bull in all of these threads and it would be the same for you if you tried reading the finer details of the sports you don't know about.

Any it was just a suggestion, as was one of the points of the thread, no need to get anal over it!

EDIT: Cannot be bothered.

Last edited:
The only one getting anal is yourself. I couldn't give two hoots if the award stays or goes. Your logic however was a little flawed in terms of voting for it.
Neither do I to be honest but I'm a pretty active member on this forum and I rarely give any feedback when it's asked for so I thought I'd, as the Americans say, give my two cents on the matter and bounce a few ideas around and suggested it be changed to individual sports awards or nominate individual sports and whoever comes up repeatedly across the board should win, it's a lot of work but it would give a more accurate result. It might not be possible but I'd be happy to add to the manpower needed for it to work. Or just leave it, it's an award on an internet forum, I think ImScotty is the only person to really care! :p

The George North Award ? - for a young user who has made the biggest impact on the forum ?
I'd leave that to the new user award pal. Just easier, and I'm sure we don't want to get into the area of defining what counts as young. Also I don't know most people's ages.

EDIT: Cmac, you're more anal than ancient Greek wrestling.

Last edited:
Sounds an awful lot like rewarding people for being loud and obnoxious.

See...it was just a joke...partly aimed at actual loosies...and partly aimed at Big Ew...I mean, at myself... :curtsey:

das

I'd leave that to the new user award pal. Just easier, and I'm sure we don't want to get into the area of defining what counts as young. Also I don't know most people's ages.

I'm only physically anal, I've never entered the anal sense of mind, it's the only thing stopping me entering the professional anal leagues. Anal.

thats fair enough.

See...it was just a joke...partly aimed at actual loosies...and partly aimed at Big Ew...I mean, at myself... :curtsey:

das

HEY !!!! You want that Backstreet Boys link again ?!! Yehh....that's what I thought...

yeaaaah I'm nasty like dat...don't fk wid me. Or you get really gruesome replies. Don't you know I'm loco ?!?!...

(that's the most intimidating I get btw, enjoy..).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts