• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 2014 TRFies: Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th best Scot award for the forums best **** talker.

The #Draggspullsmots award for smoothest member.

The Mila AKunis award for poster I want to have sex with. It's Feic btw, add me on snapchat babes.

And remember children, my one month sabbatical makes me eligible for the best comeback award. ;)

But how are we going to determine who has the smoothest member?

My nomination for an award is aimed at acknowledging the backbone of this forum; best poster in XV's threads.

Another category; who could give the least of a **** for le XV de France.

Last edited:
The Terrorist Award: For the person who hijacks the most threads
The Conrad Smith Award: The person who derails the most threads

I would also like to make a suggestion that we add awards for the different championships, but then let only the people who regularly contributed to those threads be eligible to be nominated, for instance:
Best Super Rugby Poster
Best French Top 14 Poster
Best Six Nations Poster...

oh, theeeere she is....:rolleyes:
and ehh...just what in the world makes you think you'd even win that award honey ?! hmm ?? guuurl, you underestimatin'. Mmmm hmmmmmmmmm.

I have faith in my reputation here...

:)

das

I've also always had a problem with the "comeback award". Most of the posters misuse this, for the opportunity to just get an award. They dissappear for a month or 3, and then come back just before the TRF'ies and all of a sudden he's sorely missed.

Can't we impose some sort of period attached to the award, like you had to be away for a specific period, like say 7 months or more??

And then, can we add an award for those who aren't absent and then makes a comeback? The "AlwaysAround Award" - For the poster that has been actively posting every week for a certain amount of weeks/months?

hah, wow. I don't remember posting that.

The Terrorist Award: For the person who hijacks the most threads
The Conrad Smith Award: The person who derails the most threads

I would also like to make a suggestion that we add awards for the different championships, but then let only the people who regularly contributed to those threads be eligible to be nominated, for instance:
Best Super Rugby Poster
Best French Top 14 Poster
Best Six Nations Poster...
that isn't a bad idea actually, i'd say they should be actual nominations in the TRFies this year

I've also always had a problem with the "comeback award". Most of the posters misuse this, for the opportunity to just get an award. They dissappear for a month or 3, and then come back just before the TRF'ies and all of a sudden he's sorely missed.

Can't we impose some sort of period attached to the award, like you had to be away for a specific period, like say 7 months or more??

And then, can we add an award for those who aren't absent and then makes a comeback? The "AlwaysAround Award" - For the poster that has been actively posting every week for a certain amount of weeks/months?

cyRil tried that ones but made an absolute Horlicks of it and came back after the trfies

Also that makes me RFU Champiosnhip Poster of the Year by default as Im the only active poster that supports a team in that league

I wonder if Dull is planning a great comeback to try and secure comeback award rather than most underrated...

I'm with Hein on the comeback award. I wouldn't mind seeing it gone.

I'd be against the sub board best poster. Some boards are bigger and more frequented than others, so obviously winning that award should be a bigger deal. By weighing them the same you effectively cheapen both the smaller and bigger forum awards. Then there's also the logistical difficulties. Do I remember the best poster in the 6 nations boards from back in spring? Absolutely not.

Best NH & SH should suffice in this regard. Also, I like the comeback award.

I do actually have some ideas for awards that might be decent:

The Matthew Tait Well Rounded Award - For the poster who posts frequently and knowledgeably on a number of diverse boards. Eg. someone who writes as knowledgeably about the 6 nations as he does about Super Rugby, etc.

The Impact Sub Award - Doesn't post much, but when he does it's real quality.

I like those two Feic.
Can also agree that an award for each board would be a bit much, it would add what, half a dozen new categories. Also, if you didn't frequent that board, how could you effectively vote?

Great idea's Feic!

if78INA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts