• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The All Blacks got their tactics badly wrong

What should have happened (Clicky) at some point in the last 10 minutes of the game.

And didnt the New Zealand have an advantage when Luke Mcalister did the drop goal?[/b]

I'm not sure if they did but there is an advantage for a free kick and advantage for a full penalty. The full penalty is where the kicking tee will be brought out after a failed drop goal attempt - in the other instance play carries on as normal from a drop goal attempt following a free kick advantage, it being deemed a sufficient chance to score points.

I think that's the case anyway. :wacko:
[/b]

yes, Pichot questioned the ref on exactly that point during his match the following day. It seems that a drop goal attempt from a non-penalty advantage is deemed advantage enough. If McAllister had known that I doubt he would have tried the drop from half way.

[
and id like to say one thing: NICK EVANS SHOULD HAVE DONE THE CONVERSION!!! EXPERIENCE DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING GRAHAM HENRY !!!

[/b]

Evans was being helped from the field at the time of the conversion. I guess they could have held him up while he kicked the ball, but I'm not sure that's legal :)

Latest posts