• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ashwin Willemse TV walkout debacle

Social media scares me... I read all the comments on facebook and sites where the article is posted and people still support Ashwin Willemse.
I read the full 50 page report and based on the information in there Ashwin does not have a good case for the Equality Court.

Yeah social media is it's own weird ecosystem. As a general rule I think the moderate middle (the biggest portion of the population, I hope) don't engage on there. Whites criticising Willemse are automatically painted as supporting racism and blacks criticising Willemse are painted has looking for "white likes" or their minds have been "colonised" .

Have a look at the responses on Ryan Vrede's twitter with his tweet back flipping on his original stance saying Ashwin should apologise. He is being attacked by coloureds and blacks.

EDIT: Have a look at what's being said using the #AshwinWillemse hashtag: https://twitter.com/hashtag/AshwinWillemse?src=hash

Confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance at extreme levels. So many people on there claim that subtle racism can't be proven by the law, but Ashwin is now going to the Equality Court? What a shamozzle

Last edited:
Ashwin is now going to make himself the laughing stock in SA, replacing Zuma and Malema.

Does Ashwin think the Court will not take the Advocate's report into consideration? Will Ashwin even attend this hearing? The court will also ask him why didn't he provide his own version of accounts, after agreeing to the process in the first place.

Whatever Ashwin does now, it will just get worse for him with very little to no evidence to backup his claim.

The fact that the other coloured/black presenters are also not agreeing with him, proves to me that there is no racism involved here, because neither Nick, nor Naas are doing/saying the same things to them as to what Ashwing is referring to. So there can't be racism here, as they are not being prejudiced towards a race, but rather to a single individual (alledgedly).

What will be Ashwin's defence when Breyton Paulse, Xola Ntshinga, Owen Nkumane et al all provide evidence to the contrary???

Ashwin is now going to make himself the laughing stock in SA, replacing Zuma and Malema.
not just in SA. Ashwins defence is more accepted in SA, outside of it, playing the race card to get sympathy and support? that looks bad and like petty cry baby stuff

translation please
Okay boys we can talk about this way and we can talk about that way... Long story short, the Lions won. So come on let's all be happy. My fire/BBQ is already burning, my meat has thawed, I'm going to f*** off. You guys must have a nice day, cheers.

Just keeping the news on this topic current: https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/willemse-ive-reached-out-to-nick-naas-20180710

So Ashwin is no longer going to the Equality Court and is instead taking it up with the Human Rights Commission.

Both Nic and Naas are back on the SS set.

Ashwin has flip flopped on a few things now. First he said that they there was no racism in the 50 page report, then he changed his mind and said there was. Second he said that he was taking this to the equality court and now he has "instructed" his legal team to rather pursue the matter with the HRC. So he can legitimise his pain and restore his dignity... I don't even know what he is trying to do any more.

Just keeping the news on this topic current: https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/willemse-ive-reached-out-to-nick-naas-20180710

So Ashwin is no longer going to the Equality Court and is instead taking it up with the Human Rights Commission.

Both Nic and Naas are back on the SS set.

Ashwin has flip flopped on a few things now. First he said that they there was no racism in the 50 page report, then he changed his mind and said there was. Second he said that he was taking this to the equality court and now he has "instructed" his legal team to rather pursue the matter with the HRC. So he can legitimise his pain and restore his dignity... I don't even know what he is trying to do any more.

"he instructed his legal team" - Haha, BS!! My guess is that they told him that he has a better (although very slim) chance in front of the HRC than at the Equality Court.

The more this unfolds, the more it infuriates me that the majority of whites in our country are being persecuted on bogus/unsubstantial remarks made by entitled morons who benefitted from corruption.

Good Luck Ashwin, I hope this explodes in your face!

Latest posts