The behaviour on this Forum

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
This is probably just me but after the six nations topics i feel the behaviour has been poor.

I know i'm not an administrator here or a moderator, but i was want to say that since Big Ewis has been banned here i've noticed that alot off threads has been closed due to argument's being taken out off hand. I don't think i've seen a match thread been closed for this reason before and the Scotland vs Wales game had to be. I've started to notice this when a new member from Serbia was kind enough to share information about Serbian rugby and even though it wasn't closed but the thread was ruined because off a debate about Russia.

The reason i've posted this is only because that i am not willing to stay here if the behaviour is awful. I know im not your parents to complain about the way you act but like i said no one will want to be here if they are expected to argue with members. I also posted it to put a message through about my opinion about this place and if you think this thread or post is a joke then fine. But like i said i posted it to hope that it will make people realise and cut out the argument's which will lead to more fights and more closed topics, cause after all this is an internet forum.

you're not alone mate, Smartcooky commented about the Trolls in the 6Nations threads - sure we all lose our rag on here form time to time, but it does seem to be particularly bad at the moment with 1 post accounts on deep sea fishing expeditions.

I'm sure the Mods have picked up on it, they do a pretty decent job all said and done, and don't forget if stuffs getting out of hand you have the power to tell people to get back on topic and also have a report button (and they do take reports seriously). We all use the forum, and we need to support the MOD's to make this a decent place for all of us.

the one thing i'd say is maybe users should have to contribute to discussions before being able to open/create threads - would kill off spam and make trolls put in some leg work.

the one thing i'd say is maybe users should have to contribute to discussions before being able to open/create threads - would kill off spam and make trolls put in some leg work.

A fair point...

I wonder whether we could have a sort of community vote up vote down thing for threads as well as posts? This might not be feasible but I presume the moderators are busy enough without having to fence with the one post wonders. Maybe if a thread gets minus ratings its automatically taken down or put before an administrator for review etc.
More community power etc!

6nations brings attention to rugby which in turn leads to a lot if trolls. Just wait til the World Cup Scotty, this place will be like a YouTube comments section on meth.

6nations brings attention to rugby which in turn leads to a lot if trolls. Just wait til the World Cup Scotty, this place will be like a YouTube comments section on meth.

dear god I hadn't thought about that.
I might have to hibernate during that period for my own sanity.

Here's an idea - 'no new members on match days' :p
Will give people a chance to calm down before they register an account JUST to gloat or moan

.... How do people make it onto your 'list' by the way CMAC? :D

oh jesus not that.

But anyway i've been here in the last 2 six nations but i didn't see arguments like this year's one.

Trolls come. Trolls go. This is the Internet and it happens. In a small community like this career trolls are found out very quickly. They never really stay. Beyond that, some people just don't like the opinions o others. This place would be boring if it was an echo chamber. In my opinion, if they play by the rules, aren't a total disrespectful cock and at least hear other people out, they should stay.
It really hasn't effected my life, at worst it's a minor inconvenience. This "problem" is basically like 3 people. hardly an epidemic. If you don't like this I recommend you avoid the place during the World Cup.

Last edited:
dear god I hadn't thought about that.
I might have to hibernate during that period for my own sanity.

Here's an idea - 'no new members on match days' :p
Will give people a chance to calm down before they register an account JUST to gloat or moan
Or need to be approved by a mod prior to their posts being shown???
.... How do people make it onto your 'list' by the way CMAC? :D
I like men who make me laugh, so if you tickle my proverbial balls you're in with a good shout!

The he list does need a good update, any lust for Draggs is becoming less and less obvious with every passing day.

Yeah Draggs has aged worse than the 2 year old banana I found under my bed on Saturday. Just lost our spark.

I just wanted to say as a relative new guy who joined during the six nations tribalism that this appears to be a pretty community. I mainly joined as need to talk about the matches somewhere as the BBC comments have gotten more and more restrictive over the years the 10 minute timer between posts has killed any meaningful back and forth.

Still this place is pretty good people are passionate about their sides and opinions but at their very core appreciate and understand rugby (most alot better than myself), the ability to debate has also changed my opinion at times which is great from my perspective.

As a side I'm a very opinionated tosspot always have been, if you think anything I ever say is out of line send me a gentle message. Once I've calmed down I'm pretty amenable to criticism.

> Implying Big Ewis wasn't the biggest and worst troll this place has ever suffered through.

Now that we don't have some fool constantly interrupting debates with pointless and inane chatter a lot more proper discussion takes place. This invariably leads to a few frayed tempers towards the end of such debates, especially when passions are running as high as they are during the 6 nations.

I've actually thought the quality of debate around here has gone up considerably over the last 6 months or so.

These are trollsome times, no doubt...

At the risk of sounding a bit bitter, I recently got an official warning on here for swearing at an obvious WUM. OK so it was unnecessary I grant, but I've been a pretty loyal patron of these boards for some time including paid memberships until they recently disappeared. Is that a way to keep older members on side?

Meh I'm a grumpy one

These are trollsome times, no doubt...

At the risk of sounding a bit bitter, I recently got an official warning on here for swearing at an obvious WUM. OK so it was unnecessary I grant, but I've been a pretty loyal patron of these boards for some time including paid memberships until they recently disappeared. Is that a way to keep older members on side?

Meh I'm a grumpy one

The secret is to be incredibly passive aggressive in such a way that no one can be sure if you're just having a laugh or being an absolute arsehole.

What about the hairy lemon in Greystones? They're pricks.

I can't for the life of me understand why the mods didn't do something about Hibbyhanky.

He joined on the day of the England v France game, posted 36 posts of baiting, insults, bollux and other irrelevant tosh, and hasn't been seen since. It was obvious to me after about 5 posts that the only thing he was interested in doing is winding people up. I reported one of his posts to the mods, they didn't ban him, and he still isn't banned.

IMO, the Mods are going to have to seriously raise their game during the World Cup and deal with this sort of arsehole very quickly or it will be mayhem here. If I find I will need to wade through Hibbyhanky style trolling posts to get to the serious debate points, I shant bother!

Last edited:
Maybe there needs to be more mods! Power to the people!

Latest posts