• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The behaviour on this Forum

Damn, I missed his posts, what did he say?

The one this morning? I think it was called "Why don't we kill kiwi_" or something equally ridiculous? The wording definitely sounded more "ha ha ha, what a silly joke" than a genuine threat. The stuff in your PMs is a lot darker

We're working on getting the appropriate permissions sorted for an IP ban. Once upon a time this would have been sorted within minutes. But what I will say is that if the former member continues to make sign ups and post death threats (which are there in the public eye for all to see) I am simply going to pass the details on to police at his local police station. We know where you're from, where you're signing up from and where your local police station is. I will not hesitate to just send this over to them, because this is getting ridiculous.

I don't care about disagreements, but death threats are illegal in any civilised country, which New Zealand most certainly is.

oooofff!

to be fair it's actually quite funny to watch,...... i'm desperate to know what it is he think Kiwi did

Sociopaths don't need a real reason for doing stuff like this.... their reasons are usually all in their minds!

Mods/Admins

To deal with Motherucker# you could temporarily set registrations to "Admin" which will require Admin/Supermod approval of his registration before he posts.

I have also suggested to another mod in a PM that you need to have an "Introduction thread" into which any new user MUST post an introduction before they are allowed to post anywhere else. Also, new users should not be allowed to create new topics/threads, post hyperlinks or hotlink images until they have participated in discussion for a minimum period of time and a minimum number of posts (say one week and 15 posts).

Last edited:
Sociopaths don't need a real reason for doing stuff like this.... their reasons are usually all in their minds!

Mods/Admins

To deal with Motherucker# you could temporarily set registrations to "Admin" which will require Admin/Supermod approval of his registration before he posts.

I have also suggested to another mod in a PM that you need to have an "Introduction thread" into which any new user MUST post an introduction before they are allowed to post anywhere else. Also, new users should not be allowed to create new topics/threads, post hyperlinks or hotlink images until they have participated in discussion for a minimum period of time and a minimum number of posts (say one week and 15 posts).

Well that's certainly one way to stop the place ever getting any new users.

Well that's certainly one way to stop the place ever getting any new users.

But in my experience, it doesn't.

The "Admin Approval" would only be a temporary measure until the troll gets sick of trying to register. Every time he tries, he uses up an email address.

The new user/new thread restriction is in place in every other forum I am a member of (and that is several including a music forum, a skeptics forum, and two cosmology forums) and they get plenty of new members.

Last edited:
But in my experience, it doesn't.

The "Admin Approval" would only be a temporary measure until the troll gets sick of trying to register. Every time he tries, he uses up an email address.

The new user/new thread restriction is in place in every other forum I am a member of (and that is several including a music forum, a skeptics forum, and two cosmology forums) and they get plenty of new members.

Indeed, temporarily it can help stop spammers or trolls if e-mail or IP bans aren't possible for one reason or another.

Most forums do have some kind of restrictions for newbies, especially for off-topic parts of the forum. I wonder if it would be possible here to stop newbies from sending PMs for a certain amount of time after joining?

Glad that this has been dealt with but I just wanetd to ask:

Do we pass on the details of these offending posters to local police?
I know it creates work for admins but I'd like to think the strongest possible action is being taken against these people.

Glad that this has been dealt with but I just wanetd to ask:

Do we pass on the details of these offending posters to local police?
I know it creates work for admins but I'd like to think the strongest possible action is being taken against these people.

First report it as normal. Normally we can nip any issues in the bud before they escalate. Only the extreme cases will need action beyond us.

This was a very rare occurrence.

I got a couple of those from motherucker too. Nothing to that extent, just a bit of name calling, all because I said ben smith was better than Israel Dagg lol.

No one ever trolls me. I feel left out :(

However if one was to slip me an IP address we might never hear from him again until he gets a new computer.

Last edited:
No one ever trolls me. I feel left out :(

However if one was to slip me an IP address we might never hear from him again until he gets a new computer.

Aha, I did notice you are wearing a black hat in your avatar!
cheesy.gif

Latest posts