• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best Rugby 06 game.

Which game do you think that will be better?

• Rugby 06

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby Challenge 2006

• Rugby League 2

• Other

• Total voters
D

diegobgr

Vote
<

Well technically Rugby League 2 is a Rugby 05 game... and the others haven't come out yet, so no one is in a position to vote yet.

Well he actually said which do you think will be better. I think he was asking us to speculate on what we think will be the better game - if that makes sense.

I'm going to vote RC2006, it looks the most promising so far.

Coco

I've just seen the results. Which smart arse put other as their answer? Do we know of any other Rugby games coming out in 2006?

\Coco

I think R2006 will be the best. It had the most promising game engine last year and required a bit of tweaking and improving to be excellent. If they have done this it should be a clear winner.

RC2006 is looking good but from the video I saw it still looks like WCR, can't comment on the gameplay but the improvements will need to be totally massive to compete. I'm not overwhelmed to see that horrible push over tackle in the video.

RL 2 is a good game and has a near decent engine out, but still has many control issues. It's likely that this game engine is still going to be too imature in comparison with R2006. The graphics in R2006 look really good and RC2006 is looking decent also.

As long as the games are fun and have some kind of game depth then i will be happy all round.

I think RL2 has the best graphics to date, I think they are better than R2006. That said I think the work should have gone on the control / gameplay and not the graphics. I still think RL1 graphics are workable.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 15 2006, 05:07 PM
I think RL2 has the best graphics to date, I think they are better than R2006. That said I think the work should have gone on the control / gameplay and not the graphics. I still think RL1 graphics are workable.
Yeah but that is Rugby League. It doesn't count, surely!
<

Coco

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 15 2006, 05:07 PM
I think RL2 has the best graphics to date, I think they are better than R2006.
Your joking, right?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jan 16 2006, 06:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 16 2006, 06:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 15 2006, 05:07 PM
Your joking, right? [/b]
Have you seen the graphics in RL2? They're f***en unreal!

Originally posted by Coco+Jan 16 2006, 06:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coco @ Jan 16 2006, 06:20 AM)</div>
Yeah but that is Rugby League. It doesn't count, surely!
<

Coco [/b]
The game is still in the poll though
<

RL 2 graphics are good but I wouldn't say the were amazing. The players are failry decent and the animations are great but R2006 looks to have a more impressive atmosphere in the stadiums and the rendering of the players , the pitch and small things like accumulation of dirt on the kits as well as the lightning and shadows blow it out of the water really.

RL 2 still has the same pitch which just looks like a flat floor with a green grass texture on it to be honest.

However, graphics don't make a game and so far I am more impressed with the game play in RL 2 than I have been with any union games so far. R2005 showed so much promise but was so let down by a crap kicking system that behaved differently whether you played in side mode or overhead mode, and the synchronised zig zagging of the players was extremely poor, matched with the fact you couldn't offload and had to wait for tackle animations to finish before executing moves.

If EA have fixed all these issues, made the AI better while giving us offloads then they could have a great game of Rugby on their hands.

I really hope RC2006 blows me away though because I'd love to see the game do well but I am yet to see anything extraodinary from the screens or trailers yet. I don't see how the game can come up to scrutiny if it's a mere extension of WCR which has a very basic and arcade like game engine to even compete with the other 2 ***les. Here's hoping though and I'd love to have my thoughts proved wrong.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 15 2006, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 15 2006, 11:12 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 16 2006, 06:45 AM

Your joking, right?
Have you seen the graphics in RL2? They're f***en unreal! [/b]
From what I've seen, their blocky, horrible things.

Unless the last I saw was a very early version.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jan 17 2006, 06:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 17 2006, 06:04 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 15 2006, 11:12 PM

Your joking, right?

Unless the last I saw was a very early version. [/b]
PC RL2 graphics are prettty amazing. Certainly everything I ever hoped for in a Rugby League game back when I was playing ARL 96
<

Now if they can just dig up some gameplay to go with it, I will be a happy man.
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 16 2006, 11:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 16 2006, 11:12 AM)</div>

Your joking, right?
Have you seen the graphics in RL2? They're f***en unreal! [/b]

prolly the best but nothing on these rugby2006 shots i have seen

rugby 2006 looks the best by a country mile on a console........especially those xbox shots

rl2 lacks shadowing and lighting effects....every game looks the same, in regards to lighting, shading, weather effects etc etc

very animated, exageratted colours aswell..........looks like a cartoon from a distance............sure its polished, but it doenst make it look real from a distance....the colours are far too bright............granted i use HD cables, which alluminates alot though
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jan 17 2006, 05:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 17 2006, 05:04 AM)</div>

Your joking, right?

Unless the last I saw was a very early version. [/b]
Here's a shot of the PC version in action (with the roosters kit I made):

roosters2006%20inaction.jpg

It's graphics are pretty good if you ask me.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 17 2006, 12:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 17 2006, 12:19 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 17 2006, 05:04 AM

Your joking, right?

Unless the last I saw was a very early version.
Here's a shot of the PC version in action (with the roosters kit I made):

roosters2006%20inaction.jpg

It's graphics are pretty good if you ask me. [/b]
sure the players look good and the likeness is spot on

but, they look frabricated on that world

it doesnt mix well with background, and foreground transition

ie the grass in NRL is the same, no matter the weather no matter the stadium
the fans are the same, no matter the weather, no matter the stadium (except colours)

so the players look like a cut paste job, and it doenst mix well with the surroundings.

R2006 by the looks of things make the players look like they ARE in the stadium, and not a studio, like a baywatch underwater scene.

I think when you're playing the players blend in pretty well personally... Even though they don't get very muddy etc in bad weather (but honestly the way the grass etc is they don't get very muddy in real life anymore... just WET). In Rugby 2005 it was good having the mud effect, but it players got TOO muddy too quickly in bad weather... by the time you hit half time in a 10 min game the players were so muddy you couldn't pick the teams apart! They need to tone it down for 06 IMO.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 17 2006, 12:41 PM
They need to tone it down for 06 IMO.
yeah i agree there

its better than none, but they went too far in 2005

tone it down a little and it will be perfect

especially considering we still cant pick the weather
<

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 17 2006, 11:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 17 2006, 11:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 17 2006, 12:41 PM
They need to tone it down for 06 IMO.
yeah i agree there

its better than none, but they went too far in 2005

tone it down a little and it will be perfect

especially considering we still cant pick the weather
<
[/b]
I know! What's up with that?? And you still can't be the home teams on the Lions tour!!! What the f#ck were HB thinking??? It wouldn't have taken them more than a couple days to put that stuff in!
Ughh!! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised though... EA always release games like this with enough faults so they can fix them one at a time with each version! You watch, Rugby 07 will come out and have on its feature list: "NEW REVOLUTIONARY WEATHER EFFECTS THAT CAN NOW BE ALTERED STADIUM TO STADIUM!!!"

Latest posts