• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Blues WILL win Super 14 2006

R

Ripper

5 Weeks into the NPC and Im already going to say it.

THE BLUES WILL WIN THE FIRST SUPER 14.

There is no way we can lose it, we are stacked at every single postion, bar possibly Fly Half, but we have Luke McAlister, and quite frankly, thats all you need.

The Line Up we will be able to pull out next year will make the 2003 Team look like a Manawatu Practice Squad.

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu
3. Afoa/Mr T
4. Rawlison/Mika
5. A. Willaims
6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. Williams

9. Devine/Moa

10. McAlister
11. Rocokoko
12. Sam
13. Atiga/Nacewa
14. Howlett
15. Ward/Nacewa (Depending if he wants to go to the Canes)

In every postion we will have either current or former All Blacks (Williams and Ward will be on the end of year Tour mark my words), Rawlison apparently was approached by Jake White, and Nacewa wouldve pushed for an end of year spot if he hadnt played for a couple of seconds for Fiji in the 03 RWC.

Big call this far out, but not that unreasonable...........

I rate Tuitavake better then the two possible centres you have included, hopefully he can be convinced/is selected in the Blues squad next year.......Tipoki would be an excellent back utility bench player as well.

.......also like the look of the new Auckland halfback, appears to have a good pass and sound option taking.

Not so convinced as you on how good Ward is though - he has never really captured that top form he produced a few years ago when Auckland won both NPC and Ranfurly shield.

That could have been due to the fact both Auckland and the Canes started to use him more on the wing rather then his preferred fullback slot - I'll watch him with interest, he appears to me to be a player that plays better when he is also the goalkicker............his main problem for me is his knack of taking some poor options in attack and in turn he too often gets turned over of possession/penalised for not releasing the ball.

Minor setback, we had to lose sometime.

Chiefs hammer the Blues? I suppose just like the way Waikato and BOP hammered Auckland...

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 17 2005, 11:46 AM
5 Weeks into the NPC and Im already going to say it.

THE BLUES WILL WIN THE FIRST SUPER 14.

There is no way we can lose it, we are stacked at every single postion, bar possibly Fly Half, but we have Luke McAlister, and quite frankly, thats all you need.

The Line Up we will be able to pull out next year will make the 2003 Team look like a Manawatu Practice Squad.

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu
3. Afoa/Mr T
4. Rawlison/Mika
5. A. Willaims
6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. Williams

9. Devine/Moa

10. McAlister
11. Rocokoko
12. Sam
13. Atiga/Nacewa
14. Howlett
15. Ward/Nacewa (Depending if he wants to go to the Canes)

In every postion we will have either current or former All Blacks (Williams and Ward will be on the end of year Tour mark my words), Rawlison apparently was approached by Jake White, and Nacewa wouldve pushed for an end of year spot if he hadnt played for a couple of seconds for Fiji in the 03 RWC.
yeah, i would bet money on auckland winning.

wookcock
mealamu
afoa
macdonald/ rawlanson / hatu / mika
williams
collins
braid
kaino

moa
mcallister
rocokoko
tuitupo (very good form at the moment)
tupuki ©/ tuitavaki
howlett / koonyaoo / tupuki
ward / nacewa / howett

as for cheifs beating us, didnt north harbor thrash bop this week, and auckland thrash waikato last?

i think hes retired from super 12/14. well thats what someone said before.

if he is available however, i would move mcallister over to 2nd 5/8 and have howell in 1st 5/8

not sure about holwell he is playing for northland in the npc but don't know if he will play next year in super 14.

this is a HUGE call to make like NZL Fan said... no doubt u guys will hav a good team stacked wit good players but that doesn't mean you'll win the Super 14.
I'm not sure if this is a similar situation but do u remember our wellington lions team or hurricanes team when we had the best backline in the world on paper that is...

9. Jason Spice
10. David Holwell
11. Jonah Lomu
12. Pita Alatini
13. Tana Umaga
14. Lome Fa'atau
15. Christian Cullen

our forwards weren't too bad either.. and yet we only ended up winning the NPC once.

our best backline on paper would destroy that team

9.devine
10.spencer
11.caucau
12.tuitupou
13.gear
14.howlett
15.muliaina

with rokocoko on the bench!!!!
DAMMMM I LOVED 2003!!!

anyways looking at both auckland and nth harbour we have a strong chance of winning the super14

forwards:
afoa
tamoepeau
woodcock
mealamu
witcombe
dow
ali williams
rawlinson
collins
mcdonald
mika
braid
harding
nick williams
kaino

backs:
devine
polegagagagagaga..the dude wit the long name
the reserve auckland npc halfback
gibson
mccalister
howell
lavea
tuitupou
tuitevake..if he wants to stay home this year
tipoki
atiga
the new auckland fullback!!!!<the samoan guy..hes AWESOME!
ward
waqueseduadua
rokocoko
howlett
koonwaiyou
necewa

look at the talent pool!!!!
cant wiat till next years very first super14!

A New South Wales / Auckland grand final is probably not unlikely. Imagine 80, 000 people at Telstra Stadium to witness the biggest ever provincial game in the Southern Hemisphere in the Super 14's inaugral year.

1. Dunning
2. Frier
3. Baxter
4. Kanaar
5. Vickerman
6. Elsom
7. Waugh
8. Lyons
9. Whitaker
10. Norton-Knight
11. Hewat
12. Turinui
13. Tuqiri
14. Sailor
15. Rogers

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu
3. Afoa/Mr T
4. Rawlison/Mika
5. A. Willaims
6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. Williams
9. Devine/Moa
10. McAlister
11. Rocokoko
12. Sam
13. Atiga/Nacewa
14. Howlett
15. Ward/Nacewa

Now that's class.

thats right u guys got sailor!!!

i like em.even tho people talk nonsense about him here...
he usually steps up his game when he is teamed with tuqiri as we have seen in the internationals...so i guess this would do him some good
im hoping to see tuqiri at 13 with sailor outside him....there little rivalry on who can get the better..will only strengthen both players

tuquri at centre!!!!!!!!....him and sailor will make a very dangerous combo on both defence and attack

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 26 2005, 10:17 AM
my moneys on the crusaders again.
And with just six words, a young relatively unknown Welshman dooms an entire professional rugby team more than 20,000kms away.

Originally posted by scot@Sep 26 2005, 10:42 AM
A New South Wales / Auckland grand final is probably not unlikely. Imagine 80, 000 people at Telstra Stadium to witness the biggest ever provincial game in the Southern Hemisphere in the Super 14's inaugral year.
its going to be played at eden park...

Latest posts