The Bradford Bulls fiasco

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/26339196

"Bradford Bulls have been deducted six points by the Rugby Football League after going into administration, prompting the club's proposed new owners to pull out."

The financial mismanagement at that club is staggering. That's why I don't feel sorry for them - twice in two years isn't unlucky, it is financial mismanagement of the highest order.

I think the RFL may have sealed the fate of the club with this deduction, no owner is going to want to take over a club that won't be playing top-flight next season. It is hard to feel sorry for Bradford as a club but the biggest tragedy is for the fans that have tried to wrestle the club out of ruin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/26339196

"Bradford Bulls have been deducted six points by the Rugby Football League after going into administration, prompting the club's proposed new owners to pull out."

The financial mismanagement at that club is staggering. That's why I don't feel sorry for them - twice in two years isn't unlucky, it is financial mismanagement of the highest order.

Wow... what the hell happened there? These guys make the Sharks look well run. How could such a successful club deteriorate so badly?

I think the RFL may have sealed the fate of the club with this deduction, no owner is going to want to take over a club that won't be playing top-flight next season. It is hard to feel sorry for Bradford as a club but the biggest tragedy is for the fans that have tried to wrestle the club out of ruin.

I think Bradford have sealed their own fate - the RFL can only apply the rules. They docked points from Wakefield and so they have to do the same to the Bulls. This is the second time in 2 years that Bradford have faced liquidation. That isn't unlucky, that's irresponsible financial mismanagement of the highest order.

Wow... what the hell happened there? These guys make the Sharks look well run. How could such a successful club deteriorate so badly?

As I say above, that's twice in 2 years they've been in this position. They were giants of the sport for ten years but have fallen so far since its scary and a reminder how vulnerable any club can be if the wrong decisions are made.

They don't own their own stadium (the RFL bought Bradford 2 years ago to stop them losing it) and they were at full salary cap despite having a very small smattering of players worthy of doing just that. The club has been grossly mismanaged and now they're paying for it with possibly their Super League lives.

I don't think Bradford will get relegated. London Broncos will definitely go down and then Bradford only have to finish in front of one other team. Sometimes when a club is this badly managed it is better to be relegated and then you can start over. Bradford still have a fair amount of support. The worrying thing would be if they just completely disappeared. The RFL would not want to lose such a big club.

I agree - Bradford being relegated is anything but a certainty.

Poor old Bradford fans, and this time there isn't memoribillia to auction off, a stadium to clear off the books and supporters just shelled out a pile of cash a couple of years ago and are likely tapped out to help.

Latest posts