• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Brits!!!

G

getofmeland

Well Here are the winners......

Outstanding contribution to music: Oasis

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just catching the end of them and Oasis are playing a fantastic set...
They truely deserve the Outstanding Contribution to Music, Still havent loss the touch either... Bloody Fantastic

British single
Winner: Take That - Patience

Take That? are they back? wtf

congrats on your 1000th post in off topic btw :)

The artics monkeys are such an overrated band. Muse or Snow Patrol should have won both of the awards the Monkeys took away.

Don't like Winehouse either, but then she had no competition.

The Line up for Best Brit male and female was awful, there just are no good ones.

theres something about amy that really gets me going!!

i think its the fact that shed eat me alive :p

The artics monkeys are such an overrated band. Muse or Snow Patrol should have won both of the awards the Monkeys took away.

Don't like Winehouse either, but then she had no competition.

The Line up for Best Brit male and female was awful, there just are no good ones.
[/b]

I'd say the Arctic Monkeys are actually under-rated. It's just hype, hype, hype but in terms of song-writing, music and the way they perform they are absolutely bang-on. They could do without being everyone's little "I'm with it" kudos generator 'cause they are actually brilliant.

Although at times they do remind me too much of Shed7 playing Dead Kennedys covers.

Amy Whinehouse earned her Brit with that performance.

At least that soft bint Lilly Allen didn't win!

The arctic monkeys deserve it. They are what music is missing. They were unknown kids who rocked out and got famous quick. So that album is raw music. That's why it's good. Who cares if everyone else likes them and is on their bandwagon. They should be. Since when does popularity make you bad? I don't get that concept with music. "Oh, there is this obscure band that are awesome...I don't know why they haven't made it huge yet." Bam! the band hits it huge and that person starts calling them sell-outs and blah, blah, blah. SHUT UP. I'd sell out too! I want things, like a nicer car (paid off), an nice home (paid off) and would totally sell out to ensure financial stability and enable early retirement.

i always thought the artic monkeys had a boring sound to them to be honest, but maybe i havent heard enough of their stuff yet

muse shoudla won.

The arctic monkeys deserve it. They are what music is missing. They were unknown kids who rocked out and got famous quick. So that album is raw music. That's why it's good. Who cares if everyone else likes them and is on their bandwagon. They should be. Since when does popularity make you bad? I don't get that concept with music. "Oh, there is this obscure band that are awesome...I don't know why they haven't made it huge yet." Bam! the band hits it huge and that person starts calling them sell-outs and blah, blah, blah. SHUT UP. I'd sell out too! I want things, like a nicer car (paid off), an nice home (paid off) and would totally sell out to ensure financial stability and enable early retirement.
[/b]

Exactly....It's the Damon Albarn effect. When Noel Gallagher was trying to break through he hated all these wishy washy pop stars who made out that being successfull was some sort of ironic annoyance.

The lyricist from the Arctic Monkeys is brilliant and he's unpretentious enough to be honest in singing about whats happening to him rather (underage drinking, scarey bouncers, girls going out with knobheads) than all these precocious statements about the world.

Anyone who rhymes "Scarey 'n" with "totalitarian" must be doing something right.

SB

"Oh, there is this obscure band that are awesome...I don't know why they haven't made it huge yet." Bam! the band hits it huge and that person starts calling them sell-outs and blah, blah, blah. SHUT UP. I'd sell out too! I want things, like a nicer car (paid off), an nice home (paid off) and would totally sell out to ensure financial stability and enable early retirement.
[/b]

Amen :D

How can I carry the momentum of people agreeing with me here to a thread about religion???

:p

Their album makes you feel like your 17 again. That's what's great about it...if you are in deed 17 you are living it, if you're older, you remeber it. Can't wait to see what they do next.

just saying that your previous post was definitely signature worthy - well, almost anyway...

How can I carry the momentum of people agreeing with me here to a thread about religion???

:p

Their album makes you feel like your 17 again. That's what's great about it...if you are in deed 17 you are living it, if you're older, you remeber it. Can't wait to see what they do next. [/b]

They are due to have another album sometime this year - Well April 23rd according to CD WOW website and it will be called Favourite Worst Nightmare

So Pre-order now ;)

well it seems to have come out pretty fast like they are trying to cash in on their success... although I think they have gone from small to big too fast... even down to headline at Glastonbury!!!

well it seems to have come out pretty fast like they are trying to cash in on their success... although I think they have gone from small to big too fast... even down to headline at Glastonbury!!!
[/b]
They'll make an awesome VH1 Behind the Music...
Women, Drugs, Alchohol, and getting sober. Someone is going to die too, usually the bass player or drummer. Ahh, the price of fame.

Latest posts