• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The coming week for Stuart Lancaster and Co.

Lancaster wanted Burrell in the squad but Farrell over-ruled him and brought in Burgess. All to be revealed in World Cup Review post Uruguay

I think from the same guy who released the other Billy V "quotes".

This is going to get extremely ugly, I think. :lol:*

*:(

Actually did anyone see Mike Catt in the coaching box yesterday?

I remember seeing wig, Farrell and Lancaster but not Catt.

2D0E7E1200000578-3258992-image-a-205_1443906406814.jpg

And I know he wasn't next to Faz.

Last edited:
You have to wonder if the stuff about Farrell senior is true how close to the mark the cries of nepotism are. I've usually thought hem nonsense now not too sure.

Catt looked pretty distaught during the Wales match at the end probably because he knew it would happen like every member of this forum feared. Wouldn't be surprised f he rage quit after that.

I'll point out most of the guys on here are not "keyboard critics" reacting badly to Saturday's result. Most saw the announced team when it was leaked and immediately pointed to the issues in the selection that were issues in the game. A lot of them have raised concerns with Lancaster before now for doing exactly this kind of thing. I think it will take a lot more than beating Australia and getting out the group for the nay-sayers not to continue to be worried about his competency at the top job.

- - - Updated - - -

TBF I think that is the major point against both, both those sides are works in progress on the ascendency rather than the finished job (Bath a little ahead of Exeter) but that's because even with loadsofmoney it doesn't instantly buy success (even Toulon's f**ktonofmoney took 3-4 years before it was obtained).

Well that was because they had Peter bloody Andre!!! They went places as soon as they appointed Laporte who brought spirit and unity!!

Disagree about the new coaches first job to keep Manu from going France.

Manu should want to play for England if he has fallen out with Lancaster fair enough but if he wants to move despite him going then let him.

And that is coming from a Leicester fan.
I'd kind of expect that from a Leicester fan though, because he would be snubbing Tigers. That said, I agree with you.

Well that was because they had Peter bloody Andre!!! They went places as soon as they appointed Laporte who brought spirit and unity!!
Still 3-4 years maybe 2 mate he was head coach in 2011. Was going by when they brought Wilkinson in.

I think keep Stuart Lancaster til the next world cup.

He wants England playing better, free-r flowing rugby.

That's not to say the old approach of dominating set piece and through the forwards wasn't as effective,

but as a Southern Hemisphere observer the forward pack doesn't have any scary names like they used to.

Also New Zealand has a culture of "what have you done for me lately", "get rid, get rid" and keeping Graham Henry after 2007 proved successful.

I think keep Stuart Lancaster til the next world cup.

He wants England playing better, free-r flowing rugby.

That's not to say the old approach of dominating set piece and through the forwards wasn't as effective,

but as a Southern Hemisphere observer the forward pack doesn't have any scary names like they used to.

Also New Zealand has a culture of "what have you done for me lately", "get rid, get rid" and keeping Graham Henry after 2007 proved successful.

Cause Henry achieved everything barring a RWC. Lancaster has never won any silverware in his entire coaching career...

Andy Farrell has to go, I can't see any benefit he has brought to the English squad.
He's been lining his pockets quietly and talking a lot of sponge bath, but when push has come to shove his input in the English midfield has been woeful.
Was too many changes and he's had too much of Lancasters ear.
Hook him out of there he's poison.

Billy has denied it all.

TBF the whole story seemed fishy.

Stuart Barnes in his recent blog mentioned that friends of his at the event have confirmed that Billy V did indeed state these things when asked... very very interesting isnt it?

Latest posts