• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Comparison Thread Pt. 2

Which ***le do you prefer?

• Total voters
I agree 100 % with this. RWC Arcade and would say for people who don't know that much from rugby, RWC would be more fun and the better to play. On the other hand RC is more for the advance(experienced) rugby guy. It's funny, literally all my rugby playing friends like RC, but the guys not playing ruggas like RWC more, because of the simplicity.

NB ! Not Discriminating against RWC gamers....

exactly!:D

was reading an article on the Official IRB Rugby World Cup 11 website that the samoan team were playing RC in their hotel rooms.

Last edited:
So voted on poll and damn suprised to see RC sitting at 75%. Hmmmm. Seems people are more into flashy graphics, tonnes of teams and game options rather than solid, structured, gameplay. Wonder if results would swing massively in HB's favour if they had as many teams/licences? I'd like to see a poll solely based on gameplay.

I'd like to see a poll solely based on gameplay.

I heavily doubt it'd change much. The fans of Rugby Challenge do seem to hate RWC with a passion. Whereas many RWC/RC fans seem to be keenly interested in both.

I play my mates off-line a lot. I hate having games between two of us decided by a random ball flying out the back from a half-back pass and line-outs that are extremely unwieldy and without a decent maul option, so on a gameplay front I prefer Rugby World Cup just now.

Both games have got a hell of a lot of potential, I really think if each had some added input from the long-term fans then they could both be a lot better. I'd give neither game a score over 7 the way they are and both succeed and fail in totally different ways.

Probably right there, maybe a slight change in RWC favour but RC would probably come out on top, not that I agree with that personally. I find both games enjoyable enough, both have good and bad points, pretty much expected though I'm just stoked theres rugby games on ps3. Huge potential though like you said, in both games. I guess probably the worse thing about RC are their fanboys haha, some of which are so one-eyed I'm embarassed for them (even more one eyed than me when it comes to the ABs). Seems the common train of thought is RWC is f***ing sh*t and RC is rugby perfection. Hardly the case I think RWC was doomed as soon as they announced that it was a RWC only game and that they didn't have all 20 licences. That's when all the smack talking started, I could probably find the exact first post :D

And yes peks89 I've played alot of RC, a few seasons worth on the harder difficulties plus tonnes of one off matches, online, offline. To answer your next question no I'm not sh*t and yes I did work out the passing, scrums, lineouts, kicking, goal kicking, tackling, offloads, tackle breaks, sidesteps, fends etc etc. Be keen to battle you when I get it again ... eventually, can't say it's top of my priority list.

So voted on poll and damn suprised to see RC sitting at 75%. Hmmmm. Seems people are more into flashy graphics, tonnes of teams and game options rather than solid, structured, gameplay. Wonder if results would swing massively in HB's favour if they had as many teams/licences? I'd like to see a poll solely based on gameplay.

I think it's obvious that we are into flashy graphics. It's 2011 not 1995. We can say that RC is better,or RWC is the best but in the end the game that is the most fun to play is the best(in each persons opinion). Solid, structured rugby is a thing of the past. Rugby is becoming a faster game,more skillful than ever. Take SBW or Quade Cooper for example. Compare them to the skillful players of 10 years ago. I still play RWC, but prefer RC 10/10 times.

And yes peks89 I've played alot of RC, a few seasons worth on the harder difficulties plus tonnes of one off matches, online, offline. To answer your next question no I'm not sh*t and yes I did work out the passing, scrums, lineouts, kicking, goal kicking, tackling, offloads, tackle breaks, sidesteps, fends etc etc. Be keen to battle you when I get it again ... eventually, can't say it's top of my priority list.

Actually my next question was..Do you play rugby for a club on weekends?:D...But really though, Have you played/scored in a match on RWC11 and thought.."wow! thats exactly like rugby as i see it! so realistic!"?..Have you played through a match without exploiting the running physics?..dont even get me started on the bunching exploit after the lineout. So many ways to cheat your way to the try line. I am a fanboy..but no RC or RWC11...im a rugby gaming freak (if they gave us the option to turn off all icons/bars for ruck, scrum, lineouts and general kicking i would, just so it looks like reallife) ..so yes when you get it again i will battle you then i could show you the exploits for both games.

Last edited:
You gotta love how rugby gaming always brings out the "I'm THE grandmaster and know-all" syndrome and they start talking down to others without recognising that the other guy might actually know something too. :lol:

I only have RWC but as a rugby player myself i find it incredably un-realisitic. You can't play as you would in real life and the opposition won't react like a normal team either. I think the engine that powers the game and the computer AI is fundamentally flawed. I'm hoping RC is much more realisitc (when it arrives in the post).

You gotta love how rugby gaming always brings out the "I'm THE grandmaster and know-all" syndrome and they start talking down to others without recognising that the other guy might actually know something too. :lol:

yeah i know:) happens all the time

Latest posts