• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Demo - Whats your best result?

287163_10150739991755444_867440443_20107357_252915_o.jpg

As England! Getting better, thought i'd show proof as well :D :D

Finding PS3 bit nicer, controller is nicer to hold imo :D

before any people call me a "noob" best result was 5-3 to me as SA, scored try in last min on easy difficulty (cause it wont let me change it or are you even able to?)

plus i never played a rugby game on ps or xbox

Mine is 3 converted tries to nil with England, Ashton, Flood, Cueto, so 21-0. If i play as South Africa, i can't play very well, like i do with England. Still getting usd to playing the R08 layout (which it is essentially) on an xbox 360 controller.

If they'd gone for the 06 Xbox layout instead of the mickey-mouse "use-the-bumper-buttons", it would be X for pass left and B for pass right. It's a hell of a lot more intuitive IMO.

just played for the first time and its exactly like 08..... all the controls are the same but with different commentators.its a slightly updated 08 imo and would go as far to say that 08 is a better game due to having more game modes. simples.... thank god rc is coming out this year or i would have to make do with this,forget everything else how many times are you gonna play 'the world cup' untill you get board it has nothing else to offer imo.manager mode was great on 08 very simple but effective im glad rc has this,i will rent this game when it comes out to give it a good raping but it isnt a keeper

If they'd gone for the 06 Xbox layout instead of the mickey-mouse "use-the-bumper-buttons", it would be X for pass left and B for pass right. It's a hell of a lot more intuitive IMO.
Really? I'd have struggled with that a fair bit at first, so used to the ps2 controlls!

My biggest wins so far have been:
SA 24 - 0 England with tries from Burger, Habana and Pieterson
and
SA 28 - 5 England with tries from Habana, Du Preez, Mtawarira and Spies (who has a fantastic 80m effort) with Flood scoring a cracker pretty much straight from the kick-off after it had been re-gathered by Cueto.

just played for the first time and its exactly like 08..... all the controls are the same but with different commentators.its a slightly updated 08 imo and would go as far to say that 08 is a better game due to having more game modes. simples.... thank god rc is coming out this year or i would have to make do with this,forget everything else how many times are you gonna play 'the world cup' untill you get board it has nothing else to offer imo.manager mode was great on 08 very simple but effective im glad rc has this,i will rent this game when it comes out to give it a good raping but it isnt a keeper

Completely agree with you there mate. Just to warn you were going to be called Trolls and have abuse thrown at us. Look I wasn't expecting much from being told about all the money constraints and such but... oh my goodness this is bad. And before anyone says how this is on easy and its a demo, how much different can it seriously be? I've had a taste of all these great new features and im already bored. They're clearly just using the world cup as an opportunity to make some dosh.

Completely agree with you there mate. Just to warn you were going to be called Trolls and have abuse thrown at us. Look I wasn't expecting much from being told about all the money constraints and such but... oh my goodness this is bad. And before anyone says how this is on easy and its a demo, how much different can it seriously be? I've had a taste of all these great new features and im already bored. They're clearly just using the world cup as an opportunity to make some dosh.

You're posting in the wrong place - this is for posting your highest scores, there's another thread for your thoughts on the demo:
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...C-2011-Demo-Your-thoughts&p=427063#post427063

Wrong thread completely mate, go to the thread about your thought on the demo, not to one about scores... reading the thread before posting is usually a handy tip;)

Anywho's scratch my last post, just racked up a nice 42 - 7 win as England :D (last time I'll be celebrating an English victory... :p)
Tries: Croft, Cueto 2, Penalty Try, Tindall, Ashton
Also gave away an interception to Jean de Villiers

Despite South Africa being the better rated team, I'm having greater success (higher scores) using England. I've beaten my previous high score below

IMG_20110803_184009.jpg

Getting better, seems as if around the 40's people are managing to get. BTW I've never played the games, purposely trying to find the "bugs" that give easier tries, i'm literally playing rugby. I'm that good ;) ;) haahaha jokes. Its all good fun though :D

I won 35 - 0 with SA. The only thing I didn't notice in the demo was i was running with some big forwards and they didn't break many tackles. I thought forwards were supposed 2 make more of an impact to the game? I love the new pick up and go system to :)

63-0 as SA now. 9 tries under the post, gaps are to easy to find and its easy to beat the fullback just by running one way then changing to the other way.

42-7 with SA the only time I managed to get a decent score with them! :p

I want screenshots, it's not difficult, plus this will be something we will want you to do when the online leagues are announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is my score. After this I played 08 again 5min,club(easy) england vs sa and got 42-0. It feels easier to break the line in rwc 2011 because AI doesn't commit to tackle the player. They wait and wait and soon you're around them.

Attachments

• 289292_10150272758214866_530894865_7528441_220250_o.jpg
    289292_10150272758214866_530894865_7528441_220250_o.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts