• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Final

They have monitored every part of Leicesters game, and just out played them everywhere on the Field...

Kind of shows how flat Leicester are in terms of changing their game and very predictable...

Bloody Hate Wasps as well...

Another point is that it was officially the largest ever crowd for a club game in the World

I'm glad that Wasps won for one reason, it gave Eoin Reddan the chance to give two fingers to Munster and Peter Stringer(they really lost out because of their over dependance on Stringer) and it showed that he's the better second choice 9 over Isaac Boss in my opinion.

Wasps back-row made all the difference. Why Worsley can never, ever put in performances like that for England is beyond me. And Tom Rees will light up the international stage.

I think it just proves the argument that the Heineken Cup is not up to test match standards, despite the bleatings of various pundits.

Sorry, Tarbh - I don't get your point ...

Very surprised at Leicester being closed out at the breakdown. At one point even Sackey went through the middle of a ruck and spoiled their ball.

Fair dues to Wasps, but that was pretty dull to watch. They had everything covered, were very smart and chippy - but created nothing except a couple of cheeky tries that made Corry's men look thtooopid.

A player like Worsley can put in a decent performance at a lower level of rugby but cannot put it in at the highest level.

What. A. Match. Best club match between two English clubs, ever.

Incredible, utterly incredible. Wasps simply out muscled Leicester.

Munster? Go home. Ospreys? Pfft. Crusaders? Pull your trousers down and bend over. Bulls? Go away and drink your pap. Wasps in their form today could defeat anyone, anyone. Their defence was so claustrophobic and tight that not even a teabag could get through. And yet, their power was so overwhelming that they could push an elephant 500 miles, also their opportunism and running (i.e. Sackey and Haskell's runs) was so amazing, it was as surprising as German Panzers storming through the Ardennes in the Battle of the Bulge, 1944.

Everyone was banging on about the two Samoan wingers, but the English trio of Sackey, Lewsey and Voyce made a total mockery of the pair. It summed up the match when Tuliagi got a good run, running an odd 85 meters and Voyce put in a huge tackle, seconds later, Lewsey and Sackey were there and got the penalty for the Samoan holding on.

There were lots of questions about how England will handle the Samoans, I think those have been emphatically answered today.

Again, what an awesome game.

Incredible, utterly incredible. Wasps simply out muscled Leicester.

Munster? Go home. Ospreys? Pfft. Crusaders? Pull your trousers down and bend over. Bulls? Go away and drink your pap. Wasps in their form today could defeat anyone, anyone*. Their defence was so claustrophobic and tight that not even a teabag could get through. And yet, their power was so overwhelming that they could push an elephant 500 miles, also their opportunism and running (i.e. Sackey and Haskell's runs) was so amazing, it was as surprising as German Panzers storming through the Ardennes in the Battle of the Bulge, 1944.

Everyone was banging on about the two Samoan wingers, but the English trio of Sackey, Lewsey and Voyce made a total mockery of the pair. It summed up the match when Tuliagi got a good run, running an odd 85 meters and Voyce put in a huge tackle, seconds later, Lewsey and Sackey were there and got the penalty for the Samoan holding on.

There were lots of questions about how England will handle the Samoans, I think those have been emphatically answered today.

Again, what an awesome game.
[/b]

*Barr many of Super 14 franchises, of course.

Nah, if the Super 14 epitomises some of the best attacking play in the world, Wasps epitomised some of the best defence and counter attacking play in the world, but for today only.

For after today, Wasps will come 5th next year and Dayglo will continue his descent into crapness.

Incredible, utterly incredible. Wasps simply out muscled Leicester.[/b]
Well ... Wasps defence was awesome. But I found it annoying. Did either backline get into space even once? Unbelievable, given the running talent both sides have. Lewsey is one of my favourite running backs in England, but all I saw him do today was put in hit after hit after ... often without trying to tackle.

Maybe I'm grumpy. I was over the moon at Leicester's performance last week, and I hated sitting in Adams Park watching Leinster get torn limb from limb by Nancy's team (that's del Ollio).

Anyway, good news for the Irish. Both 9s played well - Reddan especially - and Madam Murphy didn't cough up a try.

Anyway, good news for the Irish. Both 9s played well - Reddan especially - and Madam Murphy didn't cough up a try.
[/b]

Really?

Reddan was excellent, but I personally though Murphy was very poor. Took too long getting the ball out, got caught a couple of times at the back of rucks, didn't marshall Leicester's fringe defence at all well - don't rate him myself.

Murphy was pounded and worked over by Wasps, didn't get a moments peace, always seemed like he was being thrown back five meters by a raging tackle.

Dominant performance by Wasps and deserved winners.

I hate Wasps.
[/b]

They are the liverpool of rugby...I REALLY should have had my money on them today.

They are the liverpool of rugby...I REALLY should have had my money on them today.
[/b]

...but surely the smart money's on AC Milan this Wednesday, is it not?

Ah, i see where you're going wtih this.
The smart money was on Leicester today...gotcha!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

...but surely the smart money's on AC Milan this Wednesday, is it not?

Ah, i see where you're going wtih this.
The smart money was on Leicester today...gotcha!
[/b][/quote]

Exactly!

Could've had 2s on Wasps today....My finger hovered over the button but I bottled it 'cause it was only 2s.

Tigers were 3/1 on

:wacko:

tigers lost it at the breakdown. A few times Tigers did get through the magnificent first line of defence, but then either knocked on or turned the ball over. worsleys performance was good because he always has been a world class tackler, and all he was asked to do was tackle tackle tackle. The wasps performance was very well thought out. They didn't try and play their natural game, but play the best game to beat Tigers. They got 2 soft tries, probably the result of much video analysis and their game plan was always a winner once they got ahead. the fact that Wasps nicked so much ball and rarely got penalised at the breakdown untill the last 10 mins showed just how dominant they were. I could criticise them for not playing much rugby ball in hand, but that would be pointless, as why would they want to change a gameplan that's working flawlessly? they did a real good job of getting into Tigers' faces, which probably helped lead to Tigers being unable to hold the ball whenever they had half a chance. At the end of the day the better team won. Tigers are still a quality side but just didn't perform today. Wasps didn't look unbeatable, but Tigers' execution let them down whenever they hinted at getting back in the game. And much as it pains me to say it, Dallaglio was very gracious in victory. I'm gutted.

Rather disappointed that I spent 5 pounds on a ref link thing and had to spend 80 mins listening to Dallaglio talking to and subsequently being told to shut up by, the referee.

Had to laugh when Dallaglio came out of Twickenham and threw his shorts into the crowd. One for the ladies I'm sure.

Would have been nice to have seen Leicester try something other than route one rugby.

Rather disappointed that I spent 5 pounds on a ref link thing and had to spend 80 mins listening to Dallaglio talking to and subsequently being told to shut up by, the referee.

Had to laugh when Dallaglio came out of Twickenham and threw his shorts into the crowd. One for the ladies I'm sure.

Would have been nice to have seen Leicester try something other than route one rugby.
[/b]
At the Leinster-Wasps 1/4 final when Lawrence got sent off, nobody in our part of the stand saw what he'd done - we assumed the ref had gotten bored listening to him and told him to **** off.

I thought Leicester did try it out wide, but just got hounded back - like the Leinster backline.

Latest posts