• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Glasgow Warriors Thread

Dougie Hall retiring at the end of the season. Jon Welsh and assistant coach Shade Munro will leave Glasgow at the end of the season.

The Glasgow squad to face Leinster tomorrow

15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Mark Bennett
12. Peter Horne
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Finn Russell
9. Niko Matawalu

1. Alex Allan
2. Fraser Brown
3. Zander Fagerson
4.Tim Swinson
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Josh Strauss

Replacements:

16. Pat MacArthur
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Mike Cusack
19. Jonny Gray
20. Adam Ashe
21. Henry Pyrgos
22. Connor Braid
23. Richie Vernon

Al Kellock will retire from rugby at the end of the season and take up an ambassadorial role with Scottish Rugby.

Al Kellock will retire from rugby at the end of the season and take up an ambassadorial role with Scottish Rugby.
Sad news :(, Good luck Al Kellock in the future.

And that is Glasgow lost 4 off they're best players now. Better call someone good up now or else.

Warriors sign Fijian winger Naiyaravoro from Waratahs. Looks an imprssive player. An exciting signing for Glasgow seeing as they are loosing Matawalu and Maitland.
http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/15/05/18/warriors-sign-fijian-winger-naiyaravoro
Well first off all, Welcome back Will, haven't seen you since the six nations, you well ?

secondly its good that Glasgow are making some bigger signing, They haven't really made that great signing apart from Naiyaravoro and Sam Johnson and thats really it.

All good thank you. I've got my tickets for the semi-final on Friday and even have tickets for the final in Belfast. Not that I was being presumptious at all, I just didn't want to miss out when they became available.

And I'm quite happy with the signings Glasgow have made so far. Hart is a player well thought of, plus he's a Scottish international. I'm also quite happy to have signed Mike Blair from Newcastle. As much as he's coming to the end of his career he's been a brilliant player and brings a lot of experience. Naiyaravoro looks likely to add something else though and certainly seems to have serious flair and power from what I've seen of him. Given that Glasgow are losing three serious fan's favourites in Van Der Merwe, Maitland and Matawalu a signing like this was needed.

Plus there are some promising young players that have been signed up on longer deals by Glasgow so I'll be expecting them to feature more next season.

Last edited:
All good thank you. I've got my tickets for the semi-final on Friday and even have tickets for the final in Belfast. Not that I was being presumptious at all, I just didn't want to miss out when they became available.

And I'm quite happy with the signings Glasgow have made so far. Hart is a player well thought of, plus he's a Scottish international. I'm also quite happy to have signed Mike Blair from Newcastle. As much as he's coming to the end of his career he's been a brilliant player and brings a lot of experience. Naiyaravoro looks likely to add something else though and certainly seems to have serious flair and power from what I've seen of him. Given that Glasgow are losing three serious fan's favourites in Van Der Merwe, Maitland and Matawalu a signing like this was needed.

Plus there are some promising young players that have been signed up on longer deals by Glasgow so I'll be expecting them to feature more next season.
to be fair there is some youth players who i hope will get some more game time as some guys are leaving like Ali Price and maybe Zander Fagerson after a great few games he had this season for Glasgow aswell as had an amazing under 21 six nations campaign. wouldn't seeing Rory Hughes involved into more games aswell.

Comment from a Munsterfan. Looking forward to the final on Saturday. Obviously hoping for a win but have to say that if Warriors do it, it will be well deserved. The performances during the year have been outstanding and your progress has been great for the Pro 12. A neutral venue - though I feel the locals will be more on your side than ours - should make for a great game. If we play as in the semi you should have no worries - bizarre, but I expect both sides will up their game an it will be a tight affair. Hoping we will do it but as I feel Warriors are the best team in the league it will be no great disappointment if we lose to you. Enjoy it !

Javan Sebastian (Prop), Jason Hill (No.8), Will Bordill (Flanker) and George Hunter (Fly-half) have signed contracts for Glasgow for the 2015/2016 pro 12. Sebastian qualifies to play for Scotland through his Scottish Farther.

All four players will also play for these BT Premiership clubs while not in action for the Glasgow squad

Javan Sebastian & Will Bordill (Ayr RFC)
Jason Hill (Heriot's)
Gregor Hunter (Glasgow Hawks)

No reason why not.

They'll suffer during the world cup for Scotland only having 2 professional teams (+players in foreign shores) to draw from, but they should still make the play-offs. From there anything is possible.

Personally I think they're up against it. They're now the big target, the one to study, and I think they're going to be physically and emotionally exhausted come the end of the season. Wouldn't rule them out mind.

Can Glasgow Warriors retain their Pro12 ***le next year?

I think this coming season might be a bit of a struggle if I'm honest. With the world cup on and then later the 6 nations we are going to loose a huge number of our squad for extended periods. I'm also a little concerned that Glasgow have today released Rossouw de klerk for 'personal reasons' having already allowed Euan Murray and John Welsh leave. We're running short on experienced tightheads at the moment.

Come late in the season, if we finish in the play off positions then I think I'll be fairly happy. Once there then who knows how things may work out.

Glasgow's lack of experience with missing so many internationals showed tonight. In a second half where we had all the possession we couldn't pull it back against the Scarlets. Yes the Scarlets did play in a typically cynical Welsh fashion but we never should have let them get the lead they did in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest posts