• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Who have we got this week? Mickelson, Thomas, McIlroy, Johnson, Rose and Day are all the major champions who've already won on tour this year, Tiger has had a couple tournaments where a good fourth round would have gotten him a win, Rahm could use Sergio's influence to grab his first of presumably multiple majors.

I want Rory as per, Rose or Johnson is where my money would be, can't discount Spieth around this track despite his average ball striking either.

Who have we got this week? Mickelson, Thomas, McIlroy, Johnson, Rose and Day are all the major champions who've already won on tour this year, Tiger has had a couple tournaments where a good fourth round would have gotten him a win, Rahm could use Sergio's influence to grab his first of presumably multiple majors.

I want Rory as per, Rose or Johnson is where my money would be, can't discount Spieth around this track despite his average ball striking either.

I'm thinking
Rose 12/1
Big Phil 16/1
Rahm 25/1
Matsuyama 30/1
Hatton 70/1

Have McIlroy and Johnson outright at 11&12/1

Think I'll throw a couple e/w bets on too, Rahm and Schauffele are what I'm thinking st the moment.

Rose is my only out right.

have a £10 E/W on Phil paying
then 2 £5 E/W on Rahm and Matsuyama with a cheeky £1 E/W on Hatton.

Paddy Power paying 8. sky bet paying 10 but i'm not a fan of them.

Last edited:
Current favourite, presumably due to his history here, 3 top 10's this season including a top 3 and two missed cuts is pretty ordinary form in comparison to his rivals though. His ordinary ball striking has cost him here the last two years and he honestly hasn't shown great form in that regard since even before his last win at the Open. Not great betting value. (Neither is Rory but that's more betting based on my favourite player in the field.

Yeh Spieth odds for me are just not favourable, I'm a big fan of his i won big time on

Bet 365 (Top 8 5/1) have Rose at 14/1 which is a good price, also have Garcia at 28/1 which is tempting big ask for a win IMO but good Each way price.

God I dislike Spieth.

Rahm my only boi over par so I could have an interesting weekend. Schauffele top 8 with a Rory win would be just fine!

Spieth plays holes 18, 19 and 20 +5... Still tied for first but you don't win the masters like that, only three of the last 20 winners have carded a double, he has two!

Rory grinding, late players had it better yesterday so I'm guessing you'll want to be -4 or better to be in a prime time round tomorrow.

Edit: Maybe not even -4, scoring suggests its harder out there than yesterday thus far.

Last edited:

Latest posts