• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Rory must think this course just hates him, another great grind, a perfect shot on 18 only to ricochet off the flag abojt 50 yards resulting in a bogey!

That was so painful, possibly a two-shot turnaround on that bit of bad luck.

That leaderboard is beautifully poised for the start of the weekend, an outsider and two majorless young tykes sharing the lead with arguably the most talented old pro not to have a major, then a nice mix of players below including Mickelson, Spieth and McIlroy all poised dangerously

Edit: just seen on the highlights Rory had a lucky break when a chip hit the flag and holed, so maybe it just evened out

Last edited:
Sergio looking really good! Spieth isn't going as well as he'd want, looking good for a European winner or Rickie Fowler none of which I'd be disappointed to see. I like seeing Scott just out of contention too, really dislike him.

Well Spieth has shat the bed.

Don't know why he gets so much hate, yeh he is cocky but so what.

It was more his incredibly slow play and lack of personality, Rory is cocky as they come and probably more popular. Sergio is ****ing it away, green jacket to stay in England or possibly hop back to SA.

Garcia needs a mental coach. He has the talent but too often when it gets to business end on a Sunday in a major he looses his composure

Garcia needs a mental coach. He has the talent but too often when it gets to business end on a Sunday in a major he looses his composure

I'd be surprised if he didn't have one. The inability to shape his woods is going to kill him on 10 and 11 in Augusta. Not over yet though, two par 5's and 16 will aid the better ball striker, its margainal between these two.

Pretty sure the majority of sportsmen (and Women) have sports physcologists working with them and their coaches.

But stupid not to when you are playing for so much and it doesn't have the stigma that it had 10 or so years ago.

Oh my, all square teeing off on the 18th! I don't think I can handle a playoff

Latest posts