• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

0-4 to 5.5-6.5. Nice come back Europe. Still a long way to go.

disaster strikes in the south of France we have a massive storm and have lost the tele reception will not be long before ordi goes down. so no Ryder Cup for the moment.

USA back in front 9 1/2 to 6 1/2. At one point Europe were level. Get the feeling it is turning back to USA's favour now.

I'm rooting for Europe, but can't see them winning this. That 3 point gap from yesterday is making a massive difference. But there's still a lot of golf to play, though.

Feel like we need every close one to go our way from now on plus at least one minor miracle turnaround

koepka and snedeker whould be able to hold on to their leads meaning we're only half point away from ending this drought

McIlroy losing was the end really, lads like Fitzpatrick, Sullivan and Willett were always going to struggle and they needed a quieter crowd and blue momentum.

Put a few squid on McIlroy, I think the wet conditions will suit him by making putting easier, and an each way bet on Matsuyama because his major is coming!

Anyone else going to be following?

I have got money on
Spieth - got him at 9/1 before the DJ injury
Matsuyama - 18/1
Mickelson - 25/1
Rahm - 25/1
Leishman - 50/1
Reed - 80/1

Outside of Spieth the rest are on £1 each way. PP paying 8 places at 1/5th odds.

This and Aintree RIP my Wallet

Apart from my three month investment on the Lions impending doom I can't see a whole lot of betting in my future. Unless McIlroy wins and Matsuyama grabs top 8, didn't realise that's how far they were paying, more than 10% of the field will win each way!

Well, I would love it if a Saffa could win it again, and we have 5 guys competing in Ernie Els, Branden Grace, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel and Trevor Immelman, of which 2 of them have won it before. I think it will be between Schwartzel and Oosthuizen as our best chance to win the green jacket.

But don't count out Ernie. This will be his last masters, so the chance is there that he might just be playing some great golf.

But if I were a betting man, my money would be on:
Henrik Stenson
Patrick Reed
Marc Leishman

I just hope Johnson recovers from his slip, and would be able to play. He was my favourite to win this year...

Apart from my three month investment on the Lions impending doom I can't see a whole lot of betting in my future. Unless McIlroy wins and Matsuyama grabs top 8, didn't realise that's how far they were paying, more than 10% of the field will win each way!

Don't I won £120 last Saturday At Donnie.
Now have a total of only £60 today. (Feelsbadman)

Rory turned what easily could have been a 76 or 77 to a 72. He's set up well for when Hoffman inevitably comes back to the field and his putting looked on point after the first three holes too. Really want to see him win but would take Shane Lowry every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Didn't see it all but impressed with Rory's finish after he was struggling when I went to bed. Fair play.

Westwood, Garcia and Rose my favourites of the under pars, but it would be great if Hoffman and McGirt were still in the running at the end of Sunday. Gotta love an unheralded champion. Speaking of which, Danny Willet was a flash in the pan wasn't he...

Interesting looking round from Spieth too. Really like to see that quadruple bogey hole in full - video anyone?

Rory must think this course just hates him, another great grind, a perfect shot on 18 only to ricochet off the flag abojt 50 yards resulting in a bogey!

Latest posts