• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Well done Justin......what a super shot into the green to give him the birdie and win!!

Well done too to Stenson for the challenge and to bronze winner Kooooooch with his final round 63!!

Great golf......,

Think Rory is finding at the Barclays that you can do all the scientific experiments you want on your putting or change the putter indeed but it is what happens between the ears that is the most important!!!

Good to see Rory get a win under his belt and maybe this will give him the confidence to really bounce back.....

It has to be said that he was six shots back and out much earlier than Casey, (who yet again could be said to have cracked under pressure), which lessened the pressure on his putting. However, really do hope that his new technique has started to gel for the long term in general and the Ryder Cup in particular!!

That morning could have gone better... A lot of pressure on Rory this afternoon, I see it being 2-1 blue with his match deciding if there's a comeback.

Was looking forward to catching. The end when I got in from work, was basically dead already. Jesus

Who enjoyed watching Justin Rose losing that $100 bet?

For those who haven't seen it

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny in the practice round but the heckling today was a bit much, Rory had to deal with some gob****e shouting 'why don't you let an American take the putt' when he was lining up his putt on 18 to tie the match. Potential to be Brookline 2 if Europe get competitive.

don't worry too much about the USA rabble making noise, next ones in Paris firstly the French know not a lot about golf, and secondly they will be there just to make noise, right up thier boulevard!!!!!

glad i'm not the only one finding the USA chant incredibly annoying...

I don't actually mind the USA chant, it's exacty the same as a chorus of Ireland or England etc... which isn't uncommon. The heckling of individuals and the cringe inducing rendition of 'Europe's Call' were far worse!

Seriously successful afternoon of golf though, two points will feel like nothing having just won the fourballs 3-1 taking out the two winning US sides from the morning in the process!

good show by Europe in the afternoon they need to get off to a good start and see if they can level or even lead after todays play, the singles are just anybodies and form can often just go out of the window.If Europe get the momentumn and take a lead, the heads could go down as far as the USA are concerned. At the end of the day i din't think there will be much in it come sunday evening.

I don't actually mind the USA chant, it's exacty the same as a chorus of Ireland or England etc... which isn't uncommon. The heckling of individuals and the cringe inducing rendition of 'Europe's Call' were far worse!

Seriously successful afternoon of golf though, two points will feel like nothing having just won the fourballs 3-1 taking out the two winning US sides from the morning in the process!

I quite liked that actually, you've got to sing something and Ode to Joy doesn't really cut it

Latest posts