• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

charlie sheen applause GIF

Reports of Woods in a major car accident. Taken to hospital. No word how serious it is.

I'd say his golf career is over but hopefully he is ok to live a normal life and nothing is too long term.

The GOAT of his sport and the man that changed the game and paved the way for so many after

Very lucky to be alive by the sounds of it and the footage of the wrecked car.

Don't think I'll place any bets. In a couple sweepstakes but that's it. JT or DJ are difficult to look past. Rory winning for the absolute craic after months of **** golf would be something.

I don't care if Wood's is a great golfer and has celebrity status. There's NO excuse for driving at close to double the speed limit and putting other people's life at risk. Selfish move.

Last edited:
I'd say his golf career is over but hopefully he is ok to live a normal life and nothing is too long term.

The GOAT of his sport and the man that changed the game and paved the way for so many after
Woods is not the GOAT. Jack Nicklaus has won more majors than Woods. And until Woods passes Nicklaus that's how the GOAT ***le is measured. Woods has said so himself.

Last edited:
Woods is not the GOAT. Jack Nicklaus has won more majors than Woods. And until Woods passes Nicklaus that's how the GOAT ***le is measured. Woods has said so himself.
Well fair enough. My views though would be Woods played in a much tougher era. 100% understand your point though.

Don't think I'll place any bets. In a couple sweepstakes but that's it. JT or DJ are difficult to look past. Rory winning for the absolute craic after months of **** golf would be something.
Rory is done as a top top level golfer. Can see him slip in to the Westwood style career where he will challenge often but struggle to consistently sustain it.

Rory is done as a top top level golfer. Can see him slip in to the Westwood style career where he will challenge often but struggle to consistently sustain it.
I can't see him not winning another major to be honest, too much talent in his long game. I also can't see him winning more than two more.

Golf is currently being played at a higher average level than any other era, throw prime Tiger in and I reckon you would cut his major tally by a third, Jack by more than half. So essentially dips in form are far harsher on results, Spieth is coming out of a horrendous dip and he's not the player Rory is and lesser players with better consistency like Rahm, Schauffele and Reed are always in and around the top 10. With at least 6-9 (yup) prime years ahead of him he'll have one or two more dominant seasons, majors could miss him sure but he's overdue.

I can't see him not winning another major to be honest, too much talent in his long game. I also can't see him winning more than two more.

Golf is currently being played at a higher average level than any other era, throw prime Tiger in and I reckon you would cut his major tally by a third, Jack by more than half. So essentially dips in form are far harsher on results, Spieth is coming out of a horrendous dip and he's not the player Rory is and lesser players with better consistency like Rahm, Schauffele and Reed are always in and around the top 10. With at least 6-9 (yup) prime years ahead of him he'll have one or two more dominant seasons, majors could miss him sure but he's overdue.
The thing with Rory is this time last year, he was the dominant force, pre covid. His issue usually seems to be he'll play an outstanding round of gold, 2 decent rounds and a horrific one, each can come at any point in the 4 days, and the bad one just takes him right out of contention.
On form he's still probably better than every other player, he just needs to find it again, but I think he's got some more majors in him. Whether its a masters, who knows, but when he's hot, that man is Fiyaaa

Latest posts