• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

It crept up on me. Wanted to put Oosthuizen each way, don't think he'll win though, missing that edge to get over the line since Bubba beat him in Augusta. Fancied Rahm but he's near out of contention already.

Spieth could be hard to beat with that start and his improved form. No one in the late starters I'd really back.

I could see Cam Smith being a very good Open player too. I'd back Fleetwood if I thought he had a bit of bottle. Leaderboard looking good though.

If the weather stays like this I could see it becoming a Speith v Louis shootout. Texan and, even moreso, South African conditions out there!

South Africans have a serious open history, mostly on the weekends like this.

USA Ryder Cup team

Collin Morikawa

Dustin Johnson

Bryson DeChambeau

Brooks Koepka

Justin Thomas

Patrick Cantlay

Daniel Berger

Harris English

Tony Finau

Xander Schauffele

Scottie Scheffler

Jordan Spieth

No Reed is a big call, I'd have him ahead of Berger, English or Scheffler. String team but beatable, although Whistling Straits should suit them more.

Can Europe win this one? Been underdogs before and won. USA favourites being on American soil. Come on Europe!!

Almost nuts Poulter is still playing and still a pick just because of the energy he brings.

Harrington getting lots of stick. I don't really see why, Fleetwood messed up big yesterday in a critical game by missing short putts. His second best player hasn't turned up. Westwood and Fitz together is weak but that's about it.

Had **** all to work with, hiding to nothing.

Harrington getting lots of stick. I don't really see why, Fleetwood messed up big yesterday in a critical game by missing short putts. His second best player hasn't turned up. Westwood and Fitz together is weak but that's about it.

Had **** all to work with, hiding to nothing.
I wouldn't of stuck Rahm and Garcia together this morning of this afternoon. That feels like a mistake looking at form.

Plus he's don't McIlroy and Poulter for a second time this afternoon which also feels like madness. They're against Dustin Johnson though so it doesn't matter I pity whoever is playing him in singles tommorow doesn't look like failing in anyway shape or form.

I wouldn't of stuck Rahm and Garcia together this morning of this afternoon. That feels like a mistake looking at form
Why? They've been our only source of points.

I'm sure Harrington will get a lot of stick and some of it is probably deserved but I'm not sure he could have done anything to make this competitive, the standard gap between the teams is huge before you even consider the home factor. America have been awesome.

Why? They've been our only source of points.

I'm sure Harrington will get a lot of stick and some of it is probably deserved but I'm not sure he could have done anything to make this competitive, the standard gap between the teams is huge before you even consider the home factor. America have been awesome.
Might be worth keeping them together in foursomes but in fourballs I see as doubling our chance for points and we need to win everyone available.

A case of avoiding a record loss today. Would be nice too see McIlroy do something, you really need 2.5 points out of players of that quality to win away and he has delivered **** all for a guy who helped him out early in his career by all accounts.

Can't wait to watch Lowry again, well capable of a big win.

My brain tells me to only be scared of the spaniards but my gut tells me that this lead is the perfect size for the ultimate meltdown.

Latest posts