• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Tiger can play any tournament he wants, he's earned exemptions for everything until he's 55-65 depending on the tournament.

I reckon he'll select a handful each year, majors, Bay Hill and some WGCs would be my guess and target big performances at each. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a win or two left in him, he's unrivalled in his competitiveness.

But how is that leg? Strong enough for 4 days top level golf?

He clearly thinks so! I hope it can.
Yes, the proof will be in the pudding whether his leg will hold up over 4 days. Strange he didn't play a tournament before just to test it. Practice is one thing, match play under pressure is another. Just such a big tournament to just turn up and just say "I am ready".

watching the tiger focused group. Production is a little tamed down and hearing the crowd reaction is amazing. Definitely a home atmosphere for him.

course not playing well today. Leader at -3 overall and tiger is +3 on the day.

Cracking leaderboard for the US Open at a great course.

Morikawa, Scheffler, Mcilroy and Rahm are the order in which I think they're most to least likely to win. Today is huge for Rory.

On a personal note I made my first ever Eagle yesterday, a three after reaching a par 5 in two. I've been telling anyone who will or won't listen, super hyped.

Congrats on the eagle. Feel free to tell us it was a 600 yard par 5.

Pulling for zalatoris, go deacs. Real sad to see morikawa collapse yesterday.

Would love for any of the Europeans to do it. Preferably Rory, most likely Rahm, if Fitzpatrick does it it might give him the confidence not to be a god awful ryder cup player.

Won a few dollars with Zalatoris finishing in the Top 10, was pulling for him to win but not to be. 2nd time for him finishing runner-up in a major this year so close again.
Awesome for Fitzpatrick to get the monkey off his back and finally getting a professional win on US soil. Nice $3.15 million paycheck too.

Didn't back him at short odds but fancy Rory this week for once. He's started well.

Spieth, Lowry and Macintyre ew were my picks. Macintyre was looking really good until a double on the back, not gone yet by any means though. Lowry needs to rally hard.

Smith trying to run away with this. Unbelievable golf, mcilroy and Young the only ones who can keep in touch today and they'll need a few birds.

Latest posts