• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Even after the injuries suffered from the car accident?

I wouldn't bet against him, I still think he has an u rivalled mentality and the ability to pull it together over 4 days.

He does need conditions to be in his favour, warm weather and a course that isn't massively physically demanding so certain tournaments like the US Open, he'll just never be a feature at. I do expect him to win another tournament to take him ahead of Sam Snead on the wins list, another major is unlikely given the talent out there and luck required.

I wouldn't bet against him, I still think he has an u rivalled mentality and the ability to pull it together over 4 days.

He does need conditions to be in his favour, warm weather and a course that isn't massively physically demanding so certain tournaments like the US Open, he'll just never be a feature at. I do expect him to win another tournament to take him ahead of Sam Snead on the wins list, another major is unlikely given the talent out there and luck required.
I agree with you. Woods will win (my guess is a tournament in Florida where he lives), but I doubt he'll ever win another major.

Went ew on Young and Schauffele with Rory outright (a lot of heart in that one but he has an outstanding chance).

Looking forward to barely doing anything but watching golf this weekend

15A5C2C5-D4F1-44CA-9AF1-839416CCF1ED.jpeg

Yeh needs a solid to big second round. Still early days.

🤔 Concentrate on playing rather than give the first mid course interview at the Masters. Then maybe you'll make the cut.

Ah players give mid round interviews at loads of tournaments. Rory let's the occasion get to him at majors and chokes, looking at anything else for an excuse would only add to the mental fragility.

Yeh, but this is a Major he needs to complete the set. Save the interviews for after.

This is his 9th season without a major, he needs to win any of them before thinking about the slam again. He's won everything there is to win in the game but a major since his last one, some of them a few times over.

Do his interviews make him 15 shots worse over two rounds than he needed to be? I don't think so. Is it a lack of focus? I doubt it, he is an excellent professional. Letting the occasion get to him? Absolutely.

Now it could be the interviews that get him thinking about the occasions but I reckon he'd have learned over the last few years if that was the case but it just seems to run so much deeper. If Rory ever wants to win the masters he needs a major this year imo, he's not got too many more shots at this. Koepka will likely get the slam by 2024, if not this year, if he wins this week in contrast, making him the greatest player in the post Tiger era.

I just think it indicates a lack of focus. Can't say I follow Golf all year round. But in tennis they've been going on about having on court coaching, which I am not a fan of as I think players should have to think through how to change their play when they are losing. And Golfers have their caddie to refer to.

They also don't have on court interviews during play, doubt players would accept it, so why should golfers. It's only for the TV networks anyway.

The issue is Rory already has the perception of being more focused on the press than he is on the play. He himself has mentioned that he would like to focus more on golf than the press circus. He just seems addicted to the microphone. So many times a "no comment" would do but he always has to make a statement.

Latest posts