• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Playing too easy for a US Open today but I reckon they're setting it up to be bone dry and hard as concrete for Saturday before giving the players a bit of reprieve on Sunday. Fowler about to go -7, could see that being the score to beat in all honesty, I hope so anyway.

When I saw that miss on 10 I thought he'd par himself to death like St Andrews again, sounds like that's what happened. In the bottom three for putting in the final round and also lost 1.95 strokes on the field yesterday, an average weekend on the green sees him win by three strokes.

Heartbreaking

Rory came in clutch today in very tough conditions to win the Scottish open, jumps Scheffler as the favorite for the Open next week and rightfully so purely because he's the most likely to be in contention to win. Tough to win golf tournaments but I'd absolutely love to see it, number 5 is coming.

Down week in the World Cup and the Ryder cup steps up to the plate.

I reckon Europe bounce back after the disaster 2 years ago and win by a small margin. 15-13.

LIV hurting the Americans a lot more.

When was the last time Europe had a 4-0 lead after the first morning?

Slightly frustrating it's in the Autumn and time difference. Means you miss the morning and the start of the afternoon.

When was the last time Europe had a 4-0 lead after the first morning?

Slightly frustrating it's in the Autumn and time difference. Means you miss the morning and the start of the afternoon.
1st time for an opening session and only the second time ever for any session for Europe.

Matt Fitzpatrick had played 2 Ryder Cups for a total of 0 points before today. He's -5 thru 5 to be 4up be Schauffele and Morikawa. Rory has yet to contribute and not for playing bad golf.

There hasn't been red on the board all day yet, utter domination on day 1 so far. Three games in the balance here though.

1st time for an opening session and only the second time ever for any session for Europe.

Matt Fitzpatrick had played 2 Ryder Cups for a total of 0 points before today. He's -5 thru 5 to be 4up be Schauffele and Morikawa. Rory has yet to contribute and not for playing bad golf.

There hasn't been red on the board all day yet, utter domination on day 1 so far. Three games in the balance here though.
McIlroy going to be lucky to get half a round in this afternoon 6up after 7 now.

Fantastic start. But bound to be a few more twists and turns.

Yeah, the US won the opening round of the Solheim Cup 4-0 last week and Europe fought back to retain the cup. Impossible for Europe to stay as hot as they have been.

Harman and Burns were so so bad though, you'd be reluctant to play them tomorrow which isn't a nice place for a captain to be.

5 point lead after day one and USA haven't won a match. Think Europe will take that ;)

A lesson in course set up for golf here. This rough is punishing asf but the course incredibly gettable at the same time. Europe are thinking their way around, US trying to overpower it. Way more entertaining a challenge than your average tour event.

Heading towards 14.5 points nicely. USA massively away from 14.

Latest posts