• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

A lesson in course set up for golf here. This rough is punishing asf but the course incredibly gettable at the same time. Europe are thinking their way around, US trying to overpower it. Way more entertaining a challenge than your average tour event.
When will the Americans learn? This isn't the first time we've used that tactic.

Sound like they have camp issues which always **** up a Ryder Cup it's a team event and you have to play as a team. Europe seam to get that so well and takes the Americans loosing once again in Europe despite being better on paper for them to work that out. Its little wonder they haven't won in Europe since 1993.

Still they always have players that do seam to care like Scheffler. The issue is all the other guys.

But you always watch it like Europe have this great team ethos that lifts them higher and their game.

US on a charge and Europe's putts just not dropping. Europe need a point from this session to more or less kill it off, Medinah was 10-6 and that's the joint biggest comeback ever.

Odd decision to bench Rahm.

Tied for the day, Europe will be happy enough but Rory and Fitz will be ******. Matt Fitz had 9 insane holes of golf yesterday and went back to his normal **** today unfortunately, Rory playing two guys.

That'll spur America on but no way Europe end up on less than 15 points with the talent they have.

This is getting kind of close...
Rahm/Scheffler was a hell of a match.

I saybthis every Ryder Cup I wishbthere was a lot more match play team based golf. Find it far more exciting to watch than stroke play.

Rahm/Scheffler was a hell of a match.

I saybthis every Ryder Cup I wishbthere was a lot more match play team based golf. Find it far more exciting to watch than stroke play.
Yeah, need to find a couple slots for it in the calendar. The main problem is that it's an absolutely terrible format to find the best player in a field.

a match play tournament for American players based on which college (even include foreigners who went to college in America) they went to would be amazing. I don't know if you'd do it by conference or geography but it would get rowdy.

a match play tournament for American players based on which college (even include foreigners who went to college in America) they went to would be amazing. I don't know if you'd do it by conference or geography but it would get rowdy.
States and nations could be class to.

Class Ryder cup. Great golf on the first day, intriguing second and a good fight back on Sunday. A bit of drama too.

Hell of a bounce back after Whistling Straits.
Even got an American being a borish idiot going over the line in what's acceptable.

LIV is here but needs to change the format. They need to make it a 4 day event to get GWR points. Golf as is is diluted outside the majors compared to three years ago, if LIV continues as is top players soon won't qualify for all the majors. DJ for example is on his second last year of exemptions, if he doesn't win one of his next 8 he'll only qualify for the Masters (indefinitely) and the US Open (until 2026).

Rahm doesn't come across well in this at all.

Rory calling for change to Ryder Cup eligibility in light of this is telling. Feel like he's apathetic about it all now and will only focus on his own goals.

Golf was a sport I genuinely didn't think needed fixing.

Latest posts