• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

A person was run over and killed by a shuttle bus this morning at the PGA.

Scottie in handcuffs and briefly detained this morning in an unrelated incident / mix up.

Weird week. Weird enough that Xander might not slowly choke away a lead?

US Open this week (east coast yup). Usually put a spread of bets on but lumped it all on Scottie this week. No one's beating him if he plays to 80% of what he's capable around such a ball strikers course.

Don't really care about personal lives of athletes (short of Paddy Jackson type exceptions) and not bothered to speculate but it is a weird story.
Yep it is his and his wife's business. But it is weird. Gives a glimpse into his mindset though. Is it totally focused on his golf?

Gives a glimpse into his mindset though. Is it totally focused on his golf?
Don't think it has been since he joined Nike, business, family and PGA/LIV has taken up a lot of headspace. Not really sure you can criticise him too much since he's won the most PGA events in the period but it definitely feels like he's underachieved.

He's said he wants to be the best European player of all time, needs two majors (or the Masters) to be in that argument. If he doesn't contend this week it'll be over a year since he even got close.

Can't finish majors, weddings, or divorces.

I hate psychoanalyzing athletes but I hope he's okay. He seems to be taking a lot on.

us probably my favorite closely followed by the open.

Can't finish majors, weddings, or divorces.

I hate psychoanalyzing athletes but I hope he's okay. He seems to be taking a lot on.

us probably my favorite closely followed by the open.
I think Rory's fine, although I wonder if he'll look back on it all and think he could have picked his battles a bit better over his career and given the media less insight to him. Especially how part of that is why he's so well liked and disliked amongst different sets of fans.

I really like the US Open since they've gone though their identity shift over the last 10 years or so. The current rota looks incredible with the exception of Oakland Hills which screams PGA Championship to me. West coast is a drag to watch and LACC was out of its depth last year but I think this week could be 10/10 viewing if there's a few guys in contention on Sunday.

The Open is my favourite though Links trumps all other golf. Both to play and watch.

Latest posts