• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

@TRF_Olyy @TRF_Peat

Any chance to end the discrimination of Scottish sports and sticky this! You have the power and we need
you! There's plenty of Golf threads that keep getting lost so this could be beautiful. Thank you in advance almighty ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish sport? That is like saying soccer is English!!!!!!!

Incidentally, I see that this is the second golf thread with the same ***le that I have started but what can you expect from a mentally aged poster..........!!!

Last edited:
Scottish sport? That is like saying soccer is English!!!!!!!

Incidentally, I see that this is the second golf thread with the same ***le that I have started but what can you expect from a mentally aged poster..........!!!
#rememberPaulLawrie

That's why we need a sticky note!!

Paul Lawrie......the luckiest winner of the Open ever?!

Wonderful 2 iron into the 18th at Carnoustie though it must be said!!

You have to give it to Adam Scott....took away his long putter and two double bogeys but now 3 shots ahead of Rory and sooooo many mistakes!

Up to Danny now I reckon......

WTF happened to Dustin......7 over for first four holes on back nine!!!!

Last edited:
You have to give it to Adam Scott....took away his long putter and two double bogeys but now 3 shots ahead of Rory and sooooo many mistakes!

Up to Danny now I reckon......

WTF happened to Dustin......7 over for first four holes on back nine!!!!

Is Rory putting badly? He spent over forty minutes on the putting green before the round which would suggest he's less than confident! Trying to stream the last few holes now!

It is not his putting that cost him this tournament....he was hitting it everywhere as long as it was left! Also he started too cautiously and was protecting his lead rather than attacking the course which is forte!

Great win for Scott and delighted with the way Willets played!

It is not his putting that cost him this tournament....he was hitting it everywhere as long as it was left! Also he started too cautiously and was protecting his lead rather than attacking the course which is forte!

Great win for Scott and delighted with the way Willets played!
Disappointing! Shows what not winning on that stage for a while can do! I've heard a lot of people saying he's dead set on winning at Augusta this year, he has the iron and wedge play to do it and his driving is normally there. If Spieth doesn't find form I think he'll do it.

Scott did well, ballsy on 16 and 18. I'm not a fan though, he's sinfully boring though. I really like Willett would love to see him pick a major or too up.

Disappointing! Shows what not winning on that stage for a while can do! I've heard a lot of people saying he's dead set on winning at Augusta this year, he has the iron and wedge play to do it and his driving is normally there. If Spieth doesn't find form I think he'll do it.

Scott did well, ballsy on 16 and 18. I'm not a fan though, he's sinfully boring though. I really like Willett would love to see him pick a major or too up.

He needs the Masters to complete the "Grand Slam" of majors so
Not surprised he is keen to win it.....

Let us hope his middle two rounds at the weekend are more indicative of his future than the other two!!

Spieth has not played to his standard of last year which was phenomenal and to be expected. Doubt he will ever have another season like that!!

Great prospects this year with those two, Jason Day, Willets and a good few young Americans coming through.

Will come out now and say USA will win the next Ryder Cup......

World Matchplay into the knockout stages, the two big major winners match ups of McIlroy v Z Johnson and Spieth v Oosthuizen are definitely the most interesting games today. ZJ is the form guy in the competition at the moment but Spieth and McIlroy are getting better round by round which is how the tournament was won last year. I think one of these four will win it!

Who are people thinking for the masters? I say it every major but I think this one will be McIlroy's, Day will be about and I'm thinking one of Henrik Stenson, Louis Oosthuizen or Zack Johnson could grab me an each way win! Will give myself a couple days to look closer at form and past results to try and make a few quid. This is always my most successful betting week of the year, up ~50 quid on the last couple years... I place small bets!

Interesting that you did not mention Speith? Feel he is stronger putting than Rory and it is putting that is going to win it!!!

There are one or two young Americans who, contrary to usual logic, may become winners on their debuts so do think this one is pretty open.

However, if I were a betting man and I am not, I would not leave out Bubba or Dustin who is due a major and has done well at Augusta!!

Whatever you do, hope you win some money.......I will be happy to watch it develop!!

Interesting that you did not mention Speith? Feel he is stronger putting than Rory and it is putting that is going to win it!!!

There are one or two young Americans who, contrary to usual logic, may become winners on their debuts so do think this one is pretty open.

However, if I were a betting man and I am not, I would not leave out Bubba or Dustin who is due a major and has done well at Augusta!!

Whatever you do, hope you win some money.......I will be happy to watch it develop!!
I'm not convinced by Spieth's form recently, he's been inconsistent in a lot of facets of his game the past month. Day looks somewhat unbeatable but it'll be interesting how he handles the pressure of being world number 1 and defending major champion. Mcilroy is rocking up a wee bit under the radar and has looked as if he's trying to peak this week, his putting is improving too and I think if he were to have three good days on the green he'd win with a bit to spare because his ballstriking between 100-240 yards is unparalleled.

It is wide open though, I don't care too much about the money just hoping for a European winner!

I'm not convinced by Spieth's form recently, he's been inconsistent in a lot of facets of his game the past month. Day looks somewhat unbeatable but it'll be interesting how he handles the pressure of being world number 1 and defending major champion. Mcilroy is rocking up a wee bit under the radar and has looked as if he's trying to peak this week, his putting is improving too and I think if he were to have three good days on the green he'd win with a bit to spare because his ballstriking between 100-240 yards is unparalleled.

It is wide open though, I don't care too much about the money just hoping for a European winner!

Me too but other than Rory, I think Willets and Stensen are the only real challengers from Europe which is pretty weak........

Its one thing to to be accurate enough with a wedge to put the ball within a couple of feet of the pin. Its quite another to do so after your caddie tell you which side he wants you to put it on..

Listen to Lydia Ko's caddy before she takes the shot...

https://youtu.be/kGOiJyxPXt4?t=84

This kid is just remarkable. She's just won her second major and she's not yet 19.

Excellent shot!!!!!! And which side of the hole you are in the masters is so important as it can be a disaster being on the wrong side, even if only a couple of mts away.

This thread is remarkably well mannered and on topic! Wonderful to see!!

Bet Rory wishes he had his hole in one at 16 during the competition and not in practice!!

As far as I can see there have only been three and all at 16th but not since 1935, 1936 and 1940? Had it in the back of mind that the British golfer, Maurice Bembridge, had one in his low round of 64?

Last edited:
But this is golf old chap always!!!! not quite the same as this weekends remarks made to Poite by Tian, this could cost him his life as a pro rugby player!!!!!