• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Grand National

G

getofmeland

So Come on Who are you all backing in the Grand National....

Are you gonna have a Flutter??

My Money is on Liberthine and Longshanks!!!

Numbersixvalverde, Hedgehunter or Eurotrek I reckon.

Hopefully Numbersixvalverde will get 2 in a row. I wish we got it on TV here!

I Don't think Numbersixvalverde will come close...

Eurotrek would be a good bet tho...

Maybe...I don't know. I'd really like to see it if i'm over there for my gap year next year.

Ok then...where can I put a bet on at?..I don't think the TAB here in Australia has got it on...i'll check though..sports bet might have it actually come to think of it.

My dad puts my bets on lol :) I still have my first receipt thingy from my first bet back in 2004...Australia vs New Zealand in the Rugby League Anzac test. I think Australia were at 18+ @ 2.20 i think?! and Australia won by 20 points or so. I put $10 on and got $22. I was quite happy.

I went and backed the f***ing winner!

And didn't put a proper f***ing bet on!

Taking small amounts of money off family members over it just isn't quite the same.

Well I had Liberthine which came in fifth, and gave me winnings of £46.00
and I also won the Sweepstake down the pub worth £20.00 and also the sweepstake at work worth £20.00

Put a bet on for my mum, and she bet on Silver Birch and won over £150 and my dad had Philson Run and won £100...

But they haven't paid me any money yet...

The 5 of us at home did a sweepstake on the Irish horses with us taking 2 each, got Slim Pickings and Hedgehunter. Didn't think Hedgehunter was worth a bet cause the weight was too much for him, unfortunately though I didn't get to the bookies, was the oul fella who put the bet on but only had it on the win instead of each way, still would have won a fair few quid though. :wall:

First time betting (on anything, ever) & I went for Point Barrow, Apparently he was one of the favourites. Little did I know, he was the first horse down at the first fence!
So having a absolute shite Friday 13th, It paid me another blow when I bet on no.13 horse.
F**king 13 & its F**king unluckiness!

Epic Bump

Spent the last 20 mins at work looking through the runners, pretending I even have a shred of a clue of what I'm doing about picking a winner. Have 2 possibles narrowed down

It's one of those things where it is basically unpredictable.

The ground is the biggest thing now that the fences have been changed.

Def betting on Nina though on a good horse and if she wins would be historical.

Last edited:
It's one of those things where it is basically unpredictable.

The ground is the biggest thing now that the fences have been changed.

Def betting on Nina though on a good horse and if she wins would be historical.

In Ireland we had 1st ever Female jockey/Trainer combo. But as you say it was unpredictable and Aintree was no different.

This poster is older than my account. Don't see that every day.

Latest posts