• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Guitarist Thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 6 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sabre01bl2.jpg

46905_p.jpg

My electric guitar is an Ibanez S Series, it's similar to the one pictured above but it's not got a glossy finished - it's got a matte finish. I saved over £100 quid coz i paid for it in cash about 6 years ago and i couldn't help but think £600 for it was a bargain!
My acoustic is just a standard £250 Tanglewood. Nothing special, just sounds nice.

Been playing for about 9 years, but i've never had a tutor.
So as i'm sure you're all aware, unless you've got a gift for music, 9 years of struggling with a guitar without tutorship introduces you to a mediocre guitar player.[/b]
im sure you are better than you think! A good guitarist can play the chords and change chords...unless you totally want to rock out theres not too much to learn. What i always say is just learn your major and pentatonic scales and find some backing tracks to improvise over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Jan 6 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
im sure you are better than you think! A good guitarist can play the chords and change chords...unless you totally want to rock out theres not too much to learn. What i always say is just learn your major and pentatonic scales and find some backing tracks to improvise over.[/b]

Yeah, i can play the chords and change them and i'm good at my scales, but i always expect myself to be better than i am after playing for 9 years.

Keeping the thread going, what are your favourtie songs to play if your on a night out of something lads? I usually try to put out a few tracks people know so I go with:

Take it easy
Importance of Being Idle
The Bucket
I Wouldn't Believe Your Wireless Radio
Befoe I Fall To Pieces
Underdog
and so on....

Latest posts