• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The HYPE! What was up with that??

Giteau

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Hey guys, just finished playing the demo and like all of you, I am gutted about the simlarities between RWC 2011 and Rugby 08, but I still enjoyed it (just like 08) and it hasn't put me off of buying the game, although I will feel a bit robbed :(

I would just like to know how on earth those that previewed and played the game before all of us gave such overwhelmingly positive feedback? I mean come on, everyone that got their hands on the game before the demo raved about it madly in their articles! I was so hyped, thinking I'm finally gonna get 2 great rugby games this year, but after playing the game for myself, I quickly realised I was sadly mistaken. Were they paid to say good things about the game or what? I'm not starting an argument here, I'm simply asking a valid question, although I know some of the staff on here will feel like I'm bashing them, since they were part of this hype building process, but I'm not, I simply want to know what is up with that? Clearly we can all see that the game has not lived up to expectations.

Mostly everyone here in SA that have played the demo have kept their pre orders in tact though, so the game should sell decently, but I hope that HB know that they owe us after this whole fiasco is over...

I enjoyed it - just because you didn't doesn't mean that my opinion of it was wrong :)
I also enjoyed and continue to enjoy the demo

I'm not a mod or anything and I enjoyed it. Not everyone hated it.

I enjoyed it too, purely because I enjoyed Rugby 08... SO we all know by now the 2 games are very similar, surely we should have had some feedback on that as that is a pretty important aspect to cover... I am not saying it is a bad game, because it isn't, it's simply very disappointing that is similar to a game we played 4 years ago on an OLDER console...

There's the demo and then there's the release.

Most of the time they are 2 different things.

btw - Join the Queues of People who are annoyed that the Demo could not complete their fantasy version of a Rugby game.

A lot of people are - I'm not too fussed though
I don't really care about the graphics - they don't look bad, just not as good as most current games
It plays as well as I'd want/need it to, and it'll be fun to play online
Ticks all the boxes for me

btw - Join the Queues of People who are annoyed that the Demo could not complete their fantasy version of a Rugby game.

That is not the point of my thread... Read again. I'm not trying to tell everyone I hate the game.

A lot of previews did state that RWC didn't play the same as 06/08. Whether u enjoy the game or not, this hasn't been the case.

I enjoyed it to an extent, it is good fun, and is the best rugby game i have played so far as you would expect, but that doesn't mean it's going to be a good game. It's far too limited as a game to be worth £35. I would pay £15 for it, but the fact RC comes out is great as it gives us a choice. The previews were weird too. Not surprisingly TRF gave it a rave review, i guess they are supporting it or something judging by comments on here? Bit of a laugh those previews are reading back on them!

Not my preview, I said it played like 08 with a few tweaks

Where in 'A lot of previews' did u read 'TRF Olyy preview'? Again u assume a post of mine is directed towards u. As a mod u should maybe read what is acytually posted.

Where in 'A lot of previews' did u read 'TRF Olyy preview'? Again u assume a post of mine is directed towards u. As a mod u should maybe read what is acytually posted.
Was merely pointing out that not all previews said what you think they did - not having a go...

When you say tweaks, do you mean the ***le? ;)

9763fd43-4876-4776-804c-d9d4e90be261.jpg

Bloody 'ell, let it go

I was just saying my point of view, if I'm allowed to do so?

I didn't misquote you, I quoted you exactly, and I then said that my preview didn't say that,
If anything I'm the one being misquoted by you saying that I said you said all previews said something - I said that not all previews say those things, but I didn't say YOU said that all previews said this

:)

Rugby 08 in Hd. Piece of ****. The people at Trf said it was amazing as well as a lot of other people. Was so pumped when I read the reviews. Then the trailer comes out. I said it was 08 in hd. People said wait til the demo comes out before having an opinion of it. They were WRONG. The funny thing is I'm still going to get it!!!!

Latest posts