• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Jamie Lyon Thread

A

ak47

Was made out to be gods gift to english rugby league

returned to the homeland, where it is widely perceived as a stronger competition

come see the results

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...3-23214,00.html

<H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">Lyon hit with dreaded label</H2>

AND FORGET WHAT THE MANLY OFFICIAL SAID

ASK ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY - LYON JUST DOESNT HAVE THAT LION FACTOR ANYMORE

DONT KNOW WHERE IT WENT - PERHAPS LEFT IT BEHIND IN THE UK

Yep, Lyon has done absolute **** all since coming back to Australia. Some players don't let their standard drop to the English level, but players such as Lyon do which is a shame. Oh well.

And this is the sort of pig headed arrogance that makes me despise Australian rugby. The Aussie press and fans have had it in for him since he left Parra. And it really, really gets under their nose that he is SO good he was the first person for a decade to get called up into the Aussie squad despite playing in England.

f*** the lot of them off Jamie, and come back to England where your unreal talent is appreciated. Greatly.

And this is the sort of pig headed arrogance that makes me despise Australian rugby. The Aussie press and fans have had it in for him since he left Parra. And it really, really gets under their nose that he is SO good he was the first person for a decade to get called up into the Aussie squad despite playing in England.

f*** the lot of them off Jamie, and come back to England where your unreal talent is appreciated. Greatly. [/b]

mate its a player poll - has nothing to do with the media or fans this time

random players of the game - professionals were to vote for different catergories

1 catergory is the most overated player - is Lyon

the media simply passed this info onto the fans, in which they do every year

Anasta took out the last 2 years of most overated player

trust me dude - he hasnt done squat since coming back

lyon really is crap since coming back from england. from my post in the origin 3 thread

also el masri > lyon. lyon is living proof that the superleague makes you a worse player than when you left the nrl. he has done jack all since coming back from superleague and el masri in one game of originhas showed him up big time.

lyon is nothing like his former self since playing in the superleague. it's not hard to be a hero up there a few weeks back was watching a game and brad drew an average nrl halfback was being treated like a god by the commentators and he defintely wasn't anything special but was proabbly the best player on the field

I knew what I said would get him angry. So easy to bait him. He must ********** over Jamie Lyon and the Super Duper League.

Don't get me wrong, I used to think Lyon was a wonderful player and I was very happy at his inclusion in the Australian Squad when he was still in the Super League, but it's as simple as this: He is not as good as he used to be. I'm sure most people would agree in saying he isn't in the top 6 centres in the NRL. I really do hope he finds his long lost brother called form.

I pose these questions to you St Helens: Have you kept up to date with Jamie Lyon? Have you seen him play week in, week out since coming back to the NRL?

i watched the Harliquins v some other mob last night

there were about 8-10 australians or ex nrl players playing

Stacey Jones
Maclinden - ex Raider
Croker - ex raider
Mogg - ex raider
Gafa - ex raider
Greenshields
Paul
and a few others

So as u know as a raider - i had alot of interest in this match, that randomly turned up on foxtel last night

Mogg ripped it up hardcore - it was candy to the eyes, it was EggMogg, back in blistering form, continued on since origin 2006.

Then the commentator came in and said Mogg is one of the best, if not the best player in the super league today...then, SEAN McCRAE chimes in as an expert analyst for the coverage - yeah your not wrong, his form since origin 2006 has continued over here in the UK.

Mogg best in comp
McCrae - expert analyst

I turned it off immediately, and rolled all over my carpark with puddles ******* myself with laughter.

p.s quins were 3 sets from 9 in there first 9 sets of 6..............it was elementary stuff, but the commentators were blowing up at the lack of quality and i have seen better in other T-R-Y coverage (i love that T-R-Y stuff), so i am not using this as an example of ESL quality....but those players named above - half of them should have retired already...especially croker and jones

Hahaha if they are saying Mogg is best in comp and McCrae is an expert analysis, the ESL must be in a f***ing crisis

Oh good then....I was panicking for a second!

Who would you rate as the top 10 players in the ESL?

the ESL has nothing to do with how Lyon is playing. i think hes just cocky thats all. he was handed rep jumpers without playing a season in the NRL so going into his first season hes had no rocket up his bum to push him. hes playing on reputation only.

i reckon once he starts making a name for himself again he will be back to his best... also... i dont know how many of you guys watched him on friday against the tigers... it was acually one of his better performances this year.... im a bitter parra supporter but even i recognise hes got skills when hes on form.

as for the most overrated poll goes.... just look who won it in the past... Freddy Fittler??? yeah there goes that polls credibility....

look at a bloke like Jason Smith.... came back from the ESL and made an impact instantly... David Peachey has been outstanding since coming back also... how about Tonie Carroll?? he played in the ESL and came straight back into QLD and AUS jumpers.

sure i agree with you guys that the NRL is a higher level than the ESL but its not THAT much better... its only the bottom of the competition tables that theres a huge gap. the top sides in each comp are pretty even.

we dont need lyon, the sea eagles have watmough who would rip up your inferior rugby league competitoin

the esl has become alot stronger in previous seasons yet this year it seems to have dropped of again.

Does it?

We've lost more games this season already than we did all last season. That seems to me like the competition is stronger.

Does it?

We've lost more games this season already than we did all last season. That seems to me like the competition is stronger. [/b]

not really - St Helens could be weaker, or worse - only the quality of league played can determine this - not results...

players poll has alot of credibility shiznit

at the time Freddy Fittler got that overated tag...this was on the back of Daleys retirement, in which fittler was deemed to take over - yet NSW started losing SOO's again until Joey came along and saved Freddy from embarressment - Freddy at that time was half as good as Daley, yet perceived by many in media to be as good

Dont get me wrong Freddy was a great player, and improved after that POLL, just like Anasta is now

But when your rated as good or better than Daley.......to show you havent got anything on Daley - that my friend is an overated tag.

This is not a bias view...........I have support from all my friends - I live in the chook pen of Bondi......most agree..... Daley > Freddy.

Gus Goulds position in the media blindolfed many into thinking Freddy is better than Daley.

In the end Freddy got better and better and I now regard as the 3rd best ever to don a BLUE jersey.....but Freddy got that overated tag once........after that he improved, and turned into the Freddy we all remebember him for......the greats Freddy.....which is the memory you have of Freddy.

in 10 years if Anasta turns into a beast like Joey or Freddy - i am sure the player poll will get sledged again.

sorry mate... Freddy>Loz.
sure Loz was a legend back in the day but Freddy was up there with Joey.

the fact that Dailey had to be moved to the centres so freddy could play at 5/8 in AUS and NSW showed how high the rep selectors held him.

Captain of Club, State & Country... even with both Joey and Loz playing at the time.

ofcourse this is all my opinion and im sure there will be alot of people that will back me up also.

both wonderfull footballers and Freddy certainly didnt deserve to be given that award.

I believe that Lyon had the potential to be great, but then he was expecting everything to be a breeze like it was in England...

It's a shame that this so-called rivalry lends itself to whose comp is better. Aus are better, they have been for decades, but that doesn't mean that the ESL is a bad or worse comp. It's been a fantastic season so far.

Latest posts