• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The kits?

HB Can you confirm whether this is how it should be or should it be the official England Kit?

This is such a joke. They only have half the licenses and they haven't even used the ones they have properly! Major balls up! Patch with them in please?!

I have the same problem - England don't have official kits for 'International test' only world cup and online. Why is this?

Kit Probelem

I have a small problem with the kits. I entered the code at the start and most teams kits are working fine but a few kits (Argentina, Ireland and England) are showing the unlicensed kits in "International Test" and "Warm Up Tour" modes. The real kits work in the shootout and world cup modes. Is there a solution for this I do I just have to put up with it?

We're not sure atm - it's been asked of HB in several other threads, so we're just waiting on an answer :)

Hey Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding on this. It has been mentioned on our Twitter though.

Essentially, as the Official Game of Rugby World Cup, we are only permitted to include RWC commercial partners in the game.

So the way that the kits appear in International Test and Warm-Up Tour following the unlock is the way that they are supposed to appear as per our licensing agreements. It's not a bug and it's not something that will be resolved in a patch.

Thanks,
Glen

I have to say, that sucks. How did it work with licenses in 08, because that was fully licensed. Then again, it was EA on board as well, so that obviously holds a lot of weight. I wonder how moddable RC will be on PC, i'm considering getting that at some point.

08 wasn't just about the RWC tho, this is an IRB Official product...

Yes I understand the dissapointment but you are correct TRF_Getofmeland. Rugby 08 was called "Rugby 08" and it had Rugby World Cup as a mode within that game.
This time round our game is call "Rugby World Cup 2011" so the licensing agreements are different.

Yes I understand the dissapointment but you are correct TRF_Getofmeland. Rugby 08 was called "Rugby 08" and it had Rugby World Cup as a mode within that game.
This time round our game is call "Rugby World Cup 2011" so the licensing agreements are different.

Surely it is as simple as using the World Cup kits in the other modes? Else the claim that some teams are "fully licensed" is wrong

Surely it is as simple as using the World Cup kits in the other modes? Else the claim that some teams are "fully licensed" is wrong
Not really, as they're fully licensed in the online and world cup modes

I imagine that HB know what they're doing with regards what they are and are not allowed to do with licensing

Not really, as they're fully licensed in the online and world cup modes

I imagine that HB know what they're doing with regards what they are and are not allowed to do with licensing

Yes, but South Africa wear the official RWC kit in the other game modes, so its a bit mixed & matched

Maybe it's because SA also used their kit for the Tri-Nations, whereas Wales/England/Ireland etc. have only started using them for the warmups/for the WC

I'm clutching at straws here though :lol:

Maybe it's because SA also used their kit for the Tri-Nations, whereas Wales/England/Ireland etc. have only started using them for the warmups/for the WC

I'm clutching at straws here though :lol:

Wales use their official kit in the Warm Up tour mode, just without the RWC2011 logo, must be different deals with different unions.

If it was that simple would they not have that in already? The IRB are notorious to deal with ... should see the list that this forum has to go through to make sure we can have a World Cup forum ... unbelievable and if they are that bad with how a forum can be then it must be hell to deal with a game.

HB guys, how come the Fiji away kit is black and not light blue?

Even though they are unlicensed, weren't you allowed to use their traditional colours as part of the RWC license?

Oh, and ingame Russia play in blue (home) with red being their alternate kit, whereas in reality and the RWC, Russia play in red as their home kit (w/ white shorts & red socks) and an all white alternate kit.
Again, under the RWC license why do the colours vary from the real kit colours?

Is there any chance of an update on the kit colours (not actual licensed versions, just the correct colours) as per the RWC site?

Last edited:

Latest posts