• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Laws of the Game/Referee - Discussion Thread

I am not a fan of American Football, but it has advantage over Rugby on 2 points.
One is the place of goal. In American Football, goals stand on the dead-ball line.
The other is that there is choice for the team after scoring touchdown. There are 1-point play (kick) and 2-point play (run or pass).
So there should be choice of Conversion after scoring try.

Conversion from the 5m line -- 2 pts
Conversion from the 22m line -- 3 pts
Conversion from the halfway line -- 4 pts

What do you think?

not a lot, the game is ok as it is!!!!!!!! well for 99.9% of us!!!!!!!! guess who is the outstanding 0.1%, but as they say there's always one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a fan of American Football, but it has advantage over Rugby on 2 points.
One is the place of goal. In American Football, goals stand on the dead-ball line.
The other is that there is choice for the team after scoring touchdown. There are 1-point play (kick) and 2-point play (run or pass).
So there should be choice of Conversion after scoring try.

Conversion from the 5m line -- 2 pts
Conversion from the 22m line -- 3 pts
Conversion from the halfway line -- 4 pts

What do you think?

didn't you post this in another thread, can you take your trolling spam back to there please?

who in their right mind would take a conversion back to the halfway line, BE got banned for a slip with a racist joke, cannot sige sige get banned for idiocies and repeated trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Racist joke? What?
And I have seen successful PGs from behind the halfway line for several times....

Racist joke? What?
And I have seen successful PGs from behind the halfway line for several times....

Read your thread.......... CONVERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing mentions PG's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't understand your own threads, its time you shut up shop and go home and rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read your thread.......... CONVERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing mentions PG's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't understand your own threads, its time you shut up shop and go home and rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoah, calm down there buddy. Unless I'm missing something sigesige00 is only posting an idea...there's no need to get offended and you certainly don't do yourself any favours by ranting. I don't agree with the idea either but is there really a need to behave in such a way? This is a discussion thread so surely all ideas are up for debate? Just relax, make your point and move on and we'll all get along just fine :)

Now personally, the idea is an interesting one but would agree that I think the conversion/PG system is fine as it is. People get angry enough when a penalty decides the outcome of a game anyway and this would probably only serve to exaggerate the issue!

Well, please imagine when my idea is implemented...
Team A needs a win in the last game to avoid relegation. The score is now 12-20. Team A scored a try after 80mins. Now the score is 17-20. Team A needs a win. The Conversion is the last play. Surely Team A will go for 4-point Conversion from the halfway line....

Well, please imagine when my idea is implemented...
Team A needs a win in the last game to avoid relegation. The score is now 12-20. Team A scored a try after 80mins. Now the score is 17-20. Team A needs a win. The Conversion is the last play. Surely Team A will go for 4-point Conversion from the halfway line....

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a PK is awarded, the PK side can score 3 points by kick. But scoring by kick from FK is not allowed. Scoring by kick from FK (1 point) should be allowed. What do you think?

as per usual "NOT A LOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!
or even better, both touch judges are designated a team, they have to eat pickle eggs after the game the one who eats the most (min 10) gives his designated team the Pickled Egg Bonus point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think????

as per usual "NOT A LOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!
or even better, both touch judges are designated a team, they have to eat pickle eggs after the game the one who eats the most (min 10) gives his designated team the Pickled Egg Bonus point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think????

Get the captains to eat Surströmming before kick off and who ever eats the most gets a try head start.

Get the captains to eat Surströmming before kick off and who ever eats the most gets a try head start.

Is Surströmming available in Britain? How many people eat it?
There are many fermented fish dishes in East Asia, but Surströmming is surely stronger than any of them.

There should be safety in Rugby.

When a team tackled the opponents' ball-holder in the opponents' in-goal, 2 points or 5m FK is awarded (the team chooses.)
When a team did carry-back, the opponent team is given 1 point or 22m FK (the team chooses.)

There should be safety in Rugby.

When a team tackled the opponents' ball-holder in the opponents' in-goal, 2 points or 5m FK is awarded (the team chooses.)
When a team did carry-back, the opponent team is given 1 point or 22m FK (the team chooses.)

Our game is not played with helmets on!

When a PK is awarded, the PK side has 3 choice:

Kicking the ball without targeting goal
Kicking PG
Automatically given 1 point without kicking the ball (restart is same like after Conversion)

What do you think?

kick off

anyone else think that the kick off is not being referred .
some kickers are on the opposition half when they kick the ball.
chasers seem to be infront when the ball is kicked.

Going back to points for goals. Rugby, IMO, is supposed to be about scoring tries. Having 4 points for a conversion is ridiculous. It should stay the same as it presently is. However, I would reduce the penalty to 2 points and drop goals / field goals to 1 point. I know this will be unpopular with some: there seems to be a difference between NH and SH, many of the latter wanting it reduced.

Chaser definitely should be behind the line. Not sure the kicker being over it is a problem though, so long as the ball touches the centre line before the kick.

Latest posts