• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"The Lions - How to stop Pierre Spies and Morné Steyn"

M

munross

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMct0QD1SIs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Pierre Spies..."Hunting down his prey on the big African plains" :lol: :lol: :lol:

and they talk about Morne Steyn slotting drop goals from 55m at altitude, thats good ,so they seem to have forgotten the other Steyn, Francois Steyn that can slot drop goals from 60+ meters at sea level B) .

So just imagine.... fly half:Morne Steyn + full back:Francois Steyn = a ssssh!t load of points from about anywhere on field :D

can't wait for the Tests to start B)

Is that Will Greenwood? Who is it? He is having an orgasm over Spies... What a fag...

Lets not hype Spies too much here.
Behind a dominate pack he is almost unmatched, yes, but when his tight 5 are struggling he disappears.
This is a very vulnerable aspect of his game. He not a complete 8 yet.

Oh look... Anyone remember the Rugby Club getting a boner over Tuilagi for the HEC semi in one of these "features", despite the fact he was banned!

Rugby Club FTL.

I remember that.

"And this is why Tuilagi is threat that Cardiff would need to monitor, if he was playing."

Picard-palm. ¬_¬

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jun 3 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pierre Spies can't get banned or injured, he is immune to all that ^_^[/b]

Just the occasional bloot clots gets him down... Anyway, Spies is aweaome. I watched Total rugby the other day, and they had a piece on him. He is built like a brick ****-house, and runs the 100m in 10.7s!!!

Has to be the fastest forward on the planet...

I'm surprised they didn't mention using a lot of back row moves to get him out of first and second phase ball, it only seems logical to me.

Stephen Ferris would chase him down.
Or Ryan Kankowski? Oh, wait. He isn't the second coming anymore... Is that right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 4 2009, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stephen Ferris would chase him down.
Or Ryan Kankowski? Oh, wait. He isn't the second coming anymore... Is that right?[/b]

He IS still my favorite. :) Kankowski is class. Spies is just in his best form at the moment. Ryan Kankowski is genuinly a joy to watch at his best. One of the most exciting back-rowers in SH rugby.

You see, instead of the stupid sky adds they could have made an add which had Croft, Kankowski, Ferris and Spies doing sprint tests to see who is fastest, My money is on Ferris over 20m, Croft over 100 ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 4 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You see, instead of the stupid sky adds they could have made an add which had Croft, Kankowski, Ferris and Spies doing sprint tests to see who is fastest, My money is on Ferris over 20m, Croft over 100 ^_^[/b]

Granted Croft is pretty fast. But he is no sprinter. That guy Spies is burning in my avatar is a 12... He also played wing in his school career, and even for the Bulls. Kankowski is also extremely fast. Sosene Anesi managed to run down Tommy Bowe in the Baa Baa's match last year, yet in the Super14 final last week, he couldn't catch Spies. Pierre Spies has to be the fastest. Anyone got some footage of Croft showing his pace?

Also, some think that Stephen Donald of the Chiefs is among the fastest 10's in world rugby, yet he failed to catch Kankowski in one of the matches... So honestly, i think it's between Spies and Kankowski. I have not seen enough of Croft to think he is as fast. So if someone has any videos, post em.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Stephen Ferris would chase him down.[/b]

:lol:

David Wallace, who played openside last night is apparently the fastest player in the Munster squad over 5, 10 and 20 metres. Munster have player like Doug Howlett, Lifemi Mafi and Keith Earls who are considered extremely quick. I presume you saw Ferris' 75m effort last night? He is also the fastest player in the Ulster squad over 20m. There was a clip of Croft taking a winger on the outside and scoring in the corner for England Saxons in the Churchill cup on youtube before it it is gone, but he is undoubtedly very fast, as he also showed last night.

Pierre Spies is in a league of his own when it comes to genetic freakishness and Power/Pace combined, but don't underestimate the pace/power of our players either, although we may end up with Simon Shaw and Joe Worsley who stick out like sore thumbs.

Yeah Ferris was motoring man! But from what i have seen of Croft, is pretty good. He is seriously fast. Glides when he runs. It would be a really interesting race!

Croft is the fastest player in the Leicester squad; Until his move to Gloucester this summer, Varndell was the only guy quicker over 100m. In the 2007 Churchill cup final, he gassed Shannon Paku and Scott Waldrom over 60m to score the winning try.

Jesus were all get excited arent we.

Ferris has nowhere near the same pace as Spies or Croft, but he hits a **** lot harder. I'll take the hard hitter thank you, leave the namby pambying to the flowers out in the backs.

Croft on the other hand, for a second row / blind side is lightning fast. He left a S14 winger for dead last night.

I dont understand what the big deal about Spies is about really, he aint Lomu. He runs, he'll get tackled. Its not as if the Lions are going to tackle like a Super 14 team.

Latest posts