• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Andy Farrell Lions Head Coach 2025

Sinfield strikes me as a bloke who would or could be brilliant in a Lions environment. Early days in his coaching career but i think comes away with credit from RWC and is an obvious motivator and leader of people. Think the short time frame challenge of bringing the group together would be right up his alley.

Do Farrell and Sinfield get on?

Think the short time frame challenge of bringing the group together would be right up his alley.
I would've said the opposite with how poor England's defence was for a while after he joined - seems the type to build an environment rather than be a flash in a pan kinda coach

I wouldn't be surprised to see Catt as attack coach, POC as Forwards and maybe Forshaw (as mentioned before) as defence

Last edited:
Sinfield strikes me as a bloke who would or could be brilliant in a Lions environment. Early days in his coaching career but i think comes away with credit from RWC and is an obvious motivator and leader of people. Think the short time frame challenge of bringing the group together would be right up his alley.

Do Farrell and Sinfield get on?
Not sure how much credit he has from the RWC. Given the draw it was a minimum requirement of getting a semi-final. Pre world cup England were terrible. No new coach bounce at all. There are probably better coaches out there and Farrell can do the fire and brimstone pretty well himself.

With the amount of Leinster players likely to travel I can't see ROG being popular either hahah.

There's a lot of talent in clubs in the UK and Ireland that should be tapped into I think. I'd be keen on Vesty if I was Faz, doing great at Saints and could build a relationship to entice him into the Ireland set up.

Edwards works for the French Rugby Union, ROG works for a club so there is a difference
When does the French season end though? Although I would love to see ROG be part of the lions coaching team he's not going to leave his club duties early to go off with the Lions especially if La Rochelle are playing in the final.

Latest posts