• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The mighty Challenge Cup Thread 2019/20!!!!!

The Blues - Tiger's game is on S4C and it should have English Commentary. It should be the game of the round for me.

That lad at the end who gave away the penalty....Jesus wept.

"Hmm, we're drawing, the clock is red, we're in our own half, I'm off side, the balls at the back of that ruck after being turned over....I know, I'll just pick it up!"

whatsapp-image-2019-12-05-at-113107.jpeg

Uren and Sheedy dropped after a poor showing vs London Irish, rest are rotations or through injury. Great to see Mads back too, competition is fierce in the squad.

whatsapp-image-2019-12-05-at-113107.jpeg

Uren and Sheedy dropped after a poor showing vs London Irish, rest are rotations or through injury. Great to see Mads back too, competition is fierce in the squad.
Has Mad dog just gone to shite the past 18 months or what's the story? He's never really clicked unless he's in a Schmidt coached side but falling behind an 18 year old is bleak enough.

Has Mad dog just gone to shite the past 18 months or what's the story? He's never really clicked unless he's in a Schmidt coached side but falling behind an 18 year old is bleak enough.
Not at all, had a bit of an iffy game vs Sale last season but by and large has been great. Sheedy has just been a tiny bit better (plus good for his development) for a while in all honesty, the emergence of Lloyd this season has been something of a revelation as he not only covers 10 but all back 3 places and seems a pure natural... totally fearless and not out of place at all, even for an 18 year old. Given we are second in the league and mostly playing well it seems the right call has been made so far but poor performances will see you out of the 23, which is how it should be, as long as you have clear work ons and a pathway to regaining a place. Which there is AFAIK.

Mads has been great for us not just on the pitch but off it too, he'll be hungry to reclaim the starting 10 shirt as his and Pat will give it (or take places) on merit rather than reputation. Have to say I miss Mads' fizz passes, Sheedy doesn't seem to have that nailed down yet so should be in for a treat this weekend. I think everyone at Bris wants Mads to stay but if he will or not is another matter, club have dispelled any myths regarding unhappiness it's just how our culture and selection is. I guess money and international ambition will be main factors.

Not at all, had a bit of an iffy game vs Sale last season but by and large has been great. Sheedy has just been a tiny bit better (plus good for his development) for a while in all honesty, the emergence of Lloyd this season has been something of a revelation as he not only covers 10 but all back 3 places and seems a pure natural... totally fearless and not out of place at all, even for an 18 year old. Given we are second in the league and mostly playing well it seems the right call has been made so far but poor performances will see you out of the 23, which is how it should be, as long as you have clear work ons and a pathway to regaining a place. Which there is AFAIK.

Mads has been great for us not just on the pitch but off it too, he'll be hungry to reclaim the starting 10 shirt as his and Pat will give it (or take places) on merit rather than reputation. Have to say I miss Mads' fizz passes, Sheedy doesn't seem to have that nailed down yet so should be in for a treat this weekend. I think everyone at Bris wants Mads to stay but if he will or not is another matter, club have dispelled any myths regarding unhappiness it's just how our culture and selection is. I guess money and international ambition will be main factors.
We'll We'ls good to hear, he's one of my favourite players ever, miss those passes too! I think the only province that might take him is North Leinster and he'd be in for a massive fight to get another cap with his age profile and competition, hope wherever he ends up he gets game time and a bit of silverware anyway.

We'll We'ls good to hear, he's one of my favourite players ever, miss those passes too! I think the only province that might take him is North Leinster and he'd be in for a massive fight to get another cap with his age profile and competition, hope wherever he ends up he gets game time and a bit of silverware anyway.
It's hard to imagine any of the provinces wanting him really, all four have starters he wouldn't get ahead of and young guys whose development they won't want to compromise. Love the guy and there's no doubting his talent, and there's never been a hint of an attitude problem either, but at the end of the day he wasn't quite good enough at 10, or 12 or anywhere else. Everywhere he went he wasn't able to hold down the jersey, which is a pity really because I couldn't fault him at all if I wanted to.

Mads put in a decent performance but finds himself out of the match day squad again for the game in Paris.

ELlHT26WoAAfrZ0

Interesting as there are quite a few changes again, could be that this is an opportunity for Sheedy to play for a premiership place over Madigan who IMO secured it during the last match? Nice to see James Lay back in. Hope we offer an extension to Hamilton who has been brilliant and quite an under the radar cover signing. Had no idea he can also kick like a back! Stirzaker is the club's in form 9 too.

Really tense game in Paris, worth a watch for the neutral IMO.

Won't give anything else away if you haven't seen it yet.

Really tense game in Paris, worth a watch for the neutral IMO.

Won't give anything else away if you haven't seen it yet.
How did Will Capon get on? He has been looking good on the few times ive seen him and U20s. Seems like he has potential

How did Will Capon get on? He has been looking good on the few times ive seen him and U20s. Seems like he has potential
Fantastic showing again, he's a strong scrummager and our best thrower at the moment. Does the hard work too. Obviously not Thacker ball in hand but who is? They contrast and compliment each other nicely.

Shame his bro retired as he was looking good also but had a good offer outside of rugby AFAIK

Halfpenny is having an absolute shocker - no wonder Scarlets are chomping at the bit to get Sanjay back early

Scarlets couldn't cope with that monstrous Toulon pack. Toulon basically ignored the ruck and spread across the field in defense, and in those conditions that was excellent tactics to nullify the Scarlets backline.

Some worrying blunders from Halfpenny. McNicholl just ran sideways and tackled way behind the gainline. Steff Evs needs to stop kicking the ball away. Steff Hughes way out of his depth. Josh McLeod was probably the worst of the lot though, completely overpowered and constantly fumbled ball.

Toulon have re-built their squad and it's looking tasty.

Ironically, the Dragons now look the likeliest of the Welsh teams to make it deep into the Challenge Cup, notwithstanding their severe loss to Castres.

Just watched the first half or worcester vs castres. Not a bad game to say you dont get commentary on EPCR website(screenmirrored to tv)

Hell of alot of turn overs at the ruck it seems. Lawrence looks dangerous every time he has the ball in hand but inexperience of when and when not to offload in a tackle but great prospect. Hope he gets and apprentice slot for England 6N

Cardiff now out despite thrashing Calvisano 64-3, given that Pau beat Leicester 24-17. Having lost twice to an understrength and far-from-vintage Leicester team, Cardiff didn't really deserve to qualify anyway.

Scarlets now through to the quarters too, thanks to a good win at London Irish. Judging by all the singing, there seemed to be more Scarlets fans than LI ones there!

Latest posts