• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Missing Men XV

Johnny Storm

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
An Idea from another thread.

With all the injuries in the lead up to the RWC, could we keep track of all the players likely to participate who have now been side-lined by injury?

So far I have:

4 Brodie Retallick - Possible returning
8 Taulupe Faletau (WAL)

10 Joey Carbery (IRE) - Possible return / Gareth Anscombe (WAL)

Hopefully it won't be too big a list by the start of the tournament, but could we keep it updated?

Injuries did for the chances of those one time saviours of English rugby Sam Simmonds and Brad Shields. Simmonds versatility and impact would have been great to have in the squad.

Simmonds is not injured though? He's just not in favour.

I'm less convinced. He was only ever picked when Billy and Hughes were unavailable. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a top player and had he been fit and healthy, I'd have backed him to have made a strong case, but Morgan for example, had a great season, kept his head down and worked really hard and still didn't get a look in. Eddie is just weird like that.

Do we count players ineligible to play for any country? Eg Charlie ngatai, aaron cruden, Lima sopoaga, James Lowe, Steven Lautua, Charles piautau, Charlie faumuina, malakai fekitoa , tawera Kerr Barlow,

Jan Serfontein at 12 with Jessie at 13......
Just dreaming of your favourite combo? Or is kriel injured?

Do we count players ineligible to play for any country? Eg Charlie ngatai, aaron cruden, Lima sopoaga, James Lowe, Steven Lautua, Charles piautau, Charlie faumuina, malakai fekitoa , tawera Kerr Barlow,

Just dreaming of your favourite combo? Or is kriel injured?
No, it's just that Rassie keeps on putting other centres in his top squad.....Kriel is playing this weekend but I'm getting the idea that he will not be in the WC starting teams......

An Idea from another thread.

With all the injuries in the lead up to the RWC, could we keep track of all the players likely to participate who have now been side-lined by injury?

So far I have:

4 Brodie Retallick - Possible returning
6.Heinrich Brussouw
7. Warren Whitely
8. Taulupe Faletau (WAL)
9. Reinach
10. A Cruden
12. Ruhan Janse van Rensburg

Hopefully it won't be too big a list by the start of the tournament, but could we keep it updated?

SA Squad

Kitshoff, Malerbe, Trevor ,Beast
Marx,Britz, Bongi
RG snyman ,eben ,Lood , Mostert
PSD , Kwagga, Duane, Flow, Kolisi
Faf, Jantjies, Reinach
Jantjies,Pollard
Steyn, Kriel, Damien, Am
Djantje, Nkosi, Mapimpi ,Kolby
Le Roux, Guduld

SA Squad

Kitshoff, Malerbe, Trevor ,Beast
Marx,Britz, Bongi
RG snyman ,eben ,Lood , Mostert
PSD , Kwagga, Duane, Flow, Kolisi
Faf, Jantjies, Reinach
Jantjies,Pollard
Steyn, Kriel, Damien, Am
Djantje, Nkosi, Mapimpi ,Kolby
Le Roux, Guduld
I'm pretty sure a few of those players will make it to the world cup...

A sizable chunk of England's 31 thinking about it! Nowell and Mako Vunipola were selected despite not being back to fitness, Underhill, Slade and McConnochie broke before the first warm up game.

Edit: And Curry went off injured.

Last edited:
Bastareaud ! At 13 or 8 (since that's where he'll be playing for Lyon as a joker until december). Not injured but he wasn't picked - we still don't know why by the way.

Latest posts